Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006, 02:41 AM   #16
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Corvettes are great cars for all types of performance, unlike vipers or ford gts.

Is spyker american?

Spoken like a true.... idiot.

Although riding on one-piece BBS wheels and aggressive Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 235/45ZR-18 front and 315/40ZR-19 rear tires, the Ford GT is tuned more for the street than the track. On state highways along the central California coast and threading through area mountain roads, the GT provides civil road manners.

But don't let the ease of driving the Ford GT fool you. After a few laps around Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca, the newest Ford supercar is well equipped to handle the tight chicanes and the heart-stopping downhill Corkscrew. Compared with the Ferrari 360 Modena, where high engine revs are needed for power, the robust torque of the supercharged V-8 (as low as 2000 rpm) launches the GT out of corners with authority. The balance and grip are impressive; it simply does everything you ask in a very relaxed manner. While the Ferrari demands more driver involvement, the Ford appears to cruise with less effort.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....article_id=861


It isn't a 150k car because it is simply fast and can't handle worth shit, for someone to think that.... they'd have to be Ignorant.



Hey Guys,

We just tested these three cars at Fontana Speedway today, and at Willow Springs on Tuesday. Wonkawonka came up to Willow so we could shoot photos of his white GT with the red Viper and blue Corvette press cars (our press GT was Tungsten). The shots look awesome and make a nice theme for our "American Exotics" comparison. You can see a picture here: http://blogs.edmunds.com/karl/

Anyway, at Willow the GT was the fastest in lap times, but all three cars were within a second of each other. In order of fastest lap times it was GT, Z06, Viper.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292

Oh WOW the Ford Gt was driven to a faster lap time than your beloved Corvette that was made for everything unlike the Ford Gt?

Surprisingly to say the least.

I could go on, and find more sources and more proof, but I won't waste the time.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."

Last edited by Pythias : 11-02-2006 at 02:46 AM.
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:44 AM   #17
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
And saleen

edit: Oh somebody said it already

Don't ariel atoms come from oregon?
Ariel Atoms come from Great Britain! (in Norfolk i believe, but norfolk is a big place) what made you think they came from oregon???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Spoken like a true.... idiot.

Although riding on one-piece BBS wheels and aggressive Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 235/45ZR-18 front and 315/40ZR-19 rear tires, the Ford GT is tuned more for the street than the track. On state highways along the central California coast and threading through area mountain roads, the GT provides civil road manners.

But don't let the ease of driving the Ford GT fool you. After a few laps around Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca, the newest Ford supercar is well equipped to handle the tight chicanes and the heart-stopping downhill Corkscrew. Compared with the Ferrari 360 Modena, where high engine revs are needed for power, the robust torque of the supercharged V-8 (as low as 2000 rpm) launches the GT out of corners with authority. The balance and grip are impressive; it simply does everything you ask in a very relaxed manner. While the Ferrari demands more driver involvement, the Ford appears to cruise with less effort.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....article_id=861


It isn't a 150k car because it is simply fast and can't handle worth shit, for someone to think that.... they'd have to be Ignorant.



Hey Guys,

We just tested these three cars at Fontana Speedway today, and at Willow Springs on Tuesday. Wonkawonka came up to Willow so we could shoot photos of his white GT with the red Viper and blue Corvette press cars (our press GT was Tungsten). The shots look awesome and make a nice theme for our "American Exotics" comparison. You can see a picture here: http://blogs.edmunds.com/karl/

Anyway, at Willow the GT was the fastest in lap times, but all three cars were within a second of each other. In order of fastest lap times it was GT, Z06, Viper.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292

Oh WOW the Ford Gt was driven to a faster lap time than your beloved Corvette that was made for everything unlike the Ford Gt?

Surprisingly to say the least.
basically, like the old british engineered GT40
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.

Last edited by True_Brit : 11-02-2006 at 02:46 AM.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:26 AM   #18
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I remember an article in R&T saying they're American.


Built and engineered by Breckland Technology in UK
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #19
Monsta
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 60
Mosler is so American.

Quote:
Mosler Automotive is an American supercar manufacturer based in Florida...

Don't be fooled by the Viper. It can handles quite well according to its reviews.
Monsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #20
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Spoken like a true.... idiot.

Although riding on one-piece BBS wheels and aggressive Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 235/45ZR-18 front and 315/40ZR-19 rear tires, the Ford GT is tuned more for the street than the track. On state highways along the central California coast and threading through area mountain roads, the GT provides civil road manners.

But don't let the ease of driving the Ford GT fool you. After a few laps around Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca, the newest Ford supercar is well equipped to handle the tight chicanes and the heart-stopping downhill Corkscrew. Compared with the Ferrari 360 Modena, where high engine revs are needed for power, the robust torque of the supercharged V-8 (as low as 2000 rpm) launches the GT out of corners with authority. The balance and grip are impressive; it simply does everything you ask in a very relaxed manner. While the Ferrari demands more driver involvement, the Ford appears to cruise with less effort.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....article_id=861


It isn't a 150k car because it is simply fast and can't handle worth shit, for someone to think that.... they'd have to be Ignorant.



Hey Guys,

We just tested these three cars at Fontana Speedway today, and at Willow Springs on Tuesday. Wonkawonka came up to Willow so we could shoot photos of his white GT with the red Viper and blue Corvette press cars (our press GT was Tungsten). The shots look awesome and make a nice theme for our "American Exotics" comparison. You can see a picture here: http://blogs.edmunds.com/karl/

Anyway, at Willow the GT was the fastest in lap times, but all three cars were within a second of each other. In order of fastest lap times it was GT, Z06, Viper.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292

Oh WOW the Ford Gt was driven to a faster lap time than your beloved Corvette that was made for everything unlike the Ford Gt?

Surprisingly to say the least.

I could go on, and find more sources and more proof, but I won't waste the time.

That's funny that you didn't post the results of that american exotics test that edmunds.com conducted, because z06 placed first and your beloved gt placed second.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=108567


And this from a car that costs less than HALF of what the ford gt costs.

Thanks for reading off various reviews of the ford gt and regurgitating them here, as if that has any credibility.

Like an idiot, pythias, like usual.



EDIT: Btw moslers own. Are they street legal?
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.

Last edited by Bronxie : 11-02-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #21
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
The Ford GT handles VERY well, as do Vipers. I have yet to drive a GT myself, but I know people (racers and owners) who have and I trust their judgement. I've driven Vipers on the streeet and track, and know from direct racing experience how well even stock ones work.

Of coourse, I'm used to drving all sorts of cars on the track, including a lot of American cars of variouos sorts, and I know that they handle or can handle, quite well.

The reasons the GT costs more have nothing to do with how well it handles vis a vis a Corvette, as there is more to ANY car's cost than performance numbers. Otherwise Bronxie's BMWs would be priced lower than a number of quicker, cheaper cars.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #22
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
The Ford GT handles VERY well, as do Vipers. I have yet to drive a GT myself, but I know people (racers and owners) who have and I trust their judgement. I've driven Vipers on the streeet and track, and know from direct racing experience how well even stock ones work.

Of coourse, I'm used to drving all sorts of cars on the track, including a lot of American cars of variouos sorts, and I know that they handle or can handle, quite well.

The reasons the GT costs more have nothing to do with how well it handles vis a vis a Corvette, as there is more to ANY car's cost than performance numbers. Otherwise Bronxie's BMWs would be priced lower than a number of quicker, cheaper cars.

I am sure they do handle well, but isn't that relative? Relative to an average car, I am sure they're amazing...but relative to other exotics, how do they fare?
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:37 PM   #23
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
That's funny that you didn't post the results of that american exotics test that edmunds.com conducted, because z06 placed first and your beloved gt placed second.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=108567


And this from a car that costs less than HALF of what the ford gt costs.

Thanks for reading off various reviews of the ford gt and regurgitating them here, as if that has any credibility.

Like an idiot, pythias, like usual.



EDIT: Btw moslers own. Are they street legal?

Yes because Edumund's is concrete proof and is not wrong. Motor Trend also has results that agree with my other sources about the Ford Gt. The reviews I read off have just as much credibility as "Edmunds".


And then of course once ChrisV comes on here oh you decide to agree with him and disregard what you had previously been saying.
Relative to other exotics how do they fair? How do you think they fair? Do you even know why the Ford Gt was brought back, and who it was to compete against? No.

You have shown me ONE website that agrees with what you think, so it must automatically be the most credible one right? Wrong. I have shown 2, and as I said, Motor Trend agrees with those 2 as well so thats 3. Where's your other sources? Uh huh.

NOT ONLY THAT Here are the results for the track at Edumunds?

Lap Time around 2.5-mile Willow Springs Raceway 1.33.04 1.33.30 1.32.45

Wow the Ford Gt was the fastest by over hald a second? OMFG? The Zo6 won first place OVERALL in terms of price performance and speed, it didn't win first because it outhandled the Gt at every corner, learn to read before you start assuming things after seeing the Zo6 was first place.

You're a Jackass.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."

Last edited by Pythias : 11-02-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:05 PM   #24
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
I am sure they do handle well, but isn't that relative? Relative to an average car, I am sure they're amazing...but relative to other exotics, how do they fare?

From what racers I know who have driven the GT state, they are very balanced and actually quite easy to drive fast. As for teh Viper, class wins all over prove that they do well in stock to ful race mode.

I'm not a fan of checkbook enigneering as a means to an end, which is what most supercars and exotics tend to be. The GT undercuts those by a pretty good margin, too, which is it's taks. it's not as mass produced as the Corvette, which can then lend itself to a limited run of modded versions to go faster, which is essentially what the Z06 is. the Ford GT is a limited edition in and of itself with little in the way of shared parts and a price and style that beats or at least runs with, it's own competition, which is $200k cars and up.

Then again, the only car I woud buy in that price range other than the Ford is technically another Ford, the DB9... And the DB9 is slower and doesn't handle as well, despite being more expensive. It's just, to me, insanely beautiful...
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #25
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Yes because Edumund's is concrete proof and is not wrong. Motor Trend also has results that agree with my other sources about the Ford Gt. The reviews I read off have just as much credibility as "Edmunds".


And then of course once ChrisV comes on here oh you decide to agree with him and disregard what you had previously been saying.
Relative to other exotics how do they fair? How do you think they fair? Do you even know why the Ford Gt was brought back, and who it was to compete against? No.

You have shown me ONE website that agrees with what you think, so it must automatically be the most credible one right? Wrong. I have shown 2, and as I said, Motor Trend agrees with those 2 as well so thats 3. Where's your other sources? Uh huh.

NOT ONLY THAT Here are the results for the track at Edumunds?

Lap Time around 2.5-mile Willow Springs Raceway 1.33.04 1.33.30 1.32.45

Wow the Ford Gt was the fastest by over hald a second? OMFG? The Zo6 won first place OVERALL in terms of price performance and speed, it didn't win first because it outhandled the Gt at every corner, learn to read before you start assuming things after seeing the Zo6 was first place.

You're a Jackass.

What the hell..I only mentioned the edmunds.com article because you mentioned it. I was pointing out that the z06 won the american exotics comparison, ironic, because YOU are the one who posted it first to support your argument about the ford gt. Silly you.

Half a second better for a car that costs 90,000 more and has like 50 more horsepower? Tsk tsk. Granted, it does weigh over 300 lbs more. Again, I don't dislike the gt and I am sure it is a good car. I am actually reading other comparisons where this guy who owns a gt, gt500 and a z06 says sometimes he ends up in "No man's land" when shifting in the corvette...and the fords are better at shifting.

And mind you, I read that article, the 2003 one and 2001 one, in which the z06 beats out the viper and svt cobra BOTH times.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...97/pageId=3349

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...5/pageId=46008

Maybe if you presented your arguments like a human being instead of a raging retard I would have respected your opinions as much as chrisv's.

And yes chrisv, the db9 is dead sexy.
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.

Last edited by Bronxie : 11-02-2006 at 07:30 PM.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #26
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Starting to look like the Viper is the best bet in teh category. the Fords had some engine problems and suspension parts replaced, and teh Corvettes spontaneously combust...



From another board:

"So I'm chillin on my way home from work today when all of a sudden a red vette passes me on the right shoulder and its ON FIRE! I'm like " Holy Sh*t, I gotta see this" so i follow him about a block and he pulls into a goodyear tire store near my house. As I pull up I realize its the new Z06. WOW. I pull up and the owner is out of the car and watching it being consumed in flames right in front of him. The guys at goodyear come running out with a fire extinguisher and put out the fire, or so they thought. I asked the owner if he was ok and he said yes. He said he heard something from underneath the car on the highway but didnt realize it was on fire until he exited, which is when he passed me. I asked if he was beating it or what? He said no, but the dealer recently installed a new exhaust on the car. I was like "ooohhhhh"! Just then, the goodyear guys started yelling at us to move away because it was on fire again. This time it spread quickly and I really thought the gas tank was gonna explode. Then, the local fire dept. arrived and started dousing the car with the fire hoses. I mean DOUSING! The fire chief walkes over to us and tells the owner that the car is gone and not salvagable, but they would try to be as careful with as they could. As soon as he said that, the firemen went to work on the car with pic-ax and heavy ax. They smashed the trunk window and started to pull off the body work with the ax's. I personally am not a fan of the vettes, but it was heartbreaking to see this beautiful Z06 being torn apart after it has just burned to the ground. I asked the owner if he minded if I took a few pics and he said not at all. I knew you guys would like this so I snapped away........Here ya' go and remember...On a side note, if you look at the pics you will notice the burns on the back of the car. Thats from the design of the undercarrige which channels air through diffusers. When he went passed me, the flames were visible under the car and shooting out the back from the airflow design, but not on the side of the car at all. It showed how well the underskirts work for airflow...." "


__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:03 PM   #27
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
HOLY SHIT LOL. Are corvettes made with crappy parts...? Is that why it did that?
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:47 PM   #28
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
I smell a recall...That's under warranty, right?
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #29
81-camaro
CF Newbie
 
81-camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 69
i think that a vette is still the best sports car you can get for the money
__________________
As The Great Bobby Orr Said “Forget about style, worry about results!!”
81-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #30
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
What the hell..I only mentioned the edmunds.com article because you mentioned it. I was pointing out that the z06 won the american exotics comparison, ironic, because YOU are the one who posted it first to support your argument about the ford gt. Silly you.

Half a second better for a car that costs 90,000 more and has like 50 more horsepower? Tsk tsk. Granted, it does weigh over 300 lbs more. Again, I don't dislike the gt and I am sure it is a good car. I am actually reading other comparisons where this guy who owns a gt, gt500 and a z06 says sometimes he ends up in "No man's land" when shifting in the corvette...and the fords are better at shifting.

And mind you, I read that article, the 2003 one and 2001 one, in which the z06 beats out the viper and svt cobra BOTH times.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...97/pageId=3349

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...5/pageId=46008

Maybe if you presented your arguments like a human being instead of a raging retard I would have respected your opinions as much as chrisv's.

And yes chrisv, the db9 is dead sexy.

Raging retard? Thats no better than how you presented your statement, as an ignorant fool. And maybe had you made your comment differently I wouldn't have responded as I did, but I didn't. And at first your argument was the Corvette was made for everything, unlike the Ford Gt which wasn't made for handling, then oh the Ford Gt DOES outhandle the Z06? Now your argument is well it costs so much more and isn't that much more powerful?

Point in case, you made an comment out of ignorance, and proceded to then argue it as a fact, you were proved wrong, now just suck it up and shut the **** up, you're just digging yourself deeper.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.