Originally Posted by Bronxie
Video it sometime.
Video what?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:12 AM   #152
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
My car is not damn slow for an 8. It will outrun almost any stock V8 truck., ALL stock v8 mustangs besides the late S/C Cobras, the 5.7 HEMI cars, stock LS1 GTOs.

Saying your modified Camaro will beat all stock V8 Mustangs doesn't say that much, you realize that right?

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:40 AM   #153
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Saying your modified Camaro will beat all stock V8 Mustangs doesn't say that much, you realize that right?
Haha I know that but even back when I drove a stock one I was still eatin mustangs. I only mentioned mustangs because he said of all V8s. Mustangs are a very common V8 car almost everyone knows, and on top of that not many cars come with V8s anymore.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:11 AM   #154
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
DSMer, you are preaching to people that some people should keep an open mind, yet...

Your first line states that you would not accept an opinion from someone else.

Very contradictory.

Keep an open mind on cars and information about them. I don't think taking career advice from some stranger over the internet is exactly a smart thing to do.

I don't know about you, but I don't pay 10's of thousands of dollars to certified institutions to NOT take their advice.

And I certainly don't need to take "PEOPLE SKILLS" from someone over the INTERNET.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:33 PM   #155
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Quote:
Video what?

Sub 10 drag time

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #156
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

My car doesnt run a sub 10sec drag time. I still have a stock cubed N/A LT1.
I wanted that to be my goal. SHIT I still have to build the engine, setup the suspension, and do some weight reduction, get a TON of seattime, and then TWEAK and TWEAk and TWEAK and TUNE everytiny thing to get one of those if I ever do. I did go looking for a good block the other day though. Couldnt find anything.

And if your not talking about my car you could go to LS1tech and look in videos, or YouTube, or Streetfire and im sure you could find some sub 10 sec drag times.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #157
smallangryneon
Banned

Quote:
My car is not damn slow for an 8. It will outrun almost any stock V8 truck., ALL stock v8 mustangs besides the late S/C Cobras, the 5.7 HEMI cars, stock LS1 GTOs.
So I get outrun by LS1 F-bodys and LS2 cars, Ferraris, Saleens, and a few other V-8 supercars and other .

There are also a ton of 4 bangers that will outrun your car.
SRT-4. Evo. STi. WRX. S2000. Cobalt SS and Ion Redline. Solstice GXP and Sky RED LINE. S/C tC. are just a few that come to mind immediately

About the tin foil tranny if you did a little research before you spoke you would realize that the 4th Gen V8 F-bodys have a T56 just like the Vipers. These trannys are extremely capable of handling high HP numbers and abuse. If you read the latest GM High Tech Performance there is a 995whp Formula running the stock tranny with nothing more than a Viper output shaft. He runs 9.90s in the 1/4. My tranny is about to go into the shop when I get out of school for X-mas and it is being rebuilt with Viper Parts. This tranny is far form being "tinfoil"

If you where smart you would have made a reference to the weak 10-bolt rears, but replacing those with a 9inch is both easy and cheap.
My grandma's friggin Caravan can outrun a V8 truck. And as for the rest ... show me a video of you toasting a mustang and I'll believe it. Until then, I call bullshit.
Those 4-cylinder cars you mentioned aren't exactly '4-bangers'. They're factory modified performance cars. I'm not arguing with the fact that some of them would toast my car, but ...
My Neon= 200 horses, 2385 lbs (actually less because of all the stuff I took out; that's the stock weight)
Cobalt SS=205 horses, 2806 lbs.
Ion Redline=205 horses, 2945 lbs.
And so on. My point here is that my car is comparable to many of these cars. Also, the horsepower specs I'm giving you for them are factory, which means they're inflated. My horsepower specs are an actual accurate measurement. So, for example, while Honda claims the S2000 gets 240 horses, in reality it only gets about 210. (sportcompactcarweb.com). So I don't want to hear anyone knocking my car.
I wasn't actually aware that your car had a non-GM tranny, so you're right, I should have done some research on that. It's actually probably the only part of your car that'll work for any period of time without breaking, unless it's carrying other non-GM components.
smallangryneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:46 PM   #158
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallangryneon
So I don't want to hear anyone knocking my car.
Well, you don't seem to have a problem doing it to anyone else, so deal with it.

I think perhaps we'll just take a look at what a few fellow owners have to say to bring you down a notch.

First on the list!
"3rd Update 120,000 to 130,000: You might want to sell this car before 120,000 miles because I'm starting to have a lot of costly problems with it frequently. The air conditioning can't seem to run properly although I've already sunk 1300 dollars into the problem. It will take an extra $500 to get it fixed completely, which I am not willing at this time to spend. The alternator also went out and that cost me another $200. It about left me stranded one time but by begging God and the car not to stop I was able to get to the shop before it completely stalled out. The power steering also seems to get slightly hung up at times during sharp turns and complicated movements during parking or turning around. I just don't think it can go to 175K without costing me $1000s to operate. The service guy, who seems knowledgeable about cars, told me to stay away from American cars because they're not built to last. He said to buy Japanese cars like Nissan, Toyota, and Honda especially but stay away from Korean makes like Hyandui and Kia. They cost more, but run longer without so many costly problems. I used to own Nissan Sentras, I tend to agree.

Recommended:
No"

Oh my! And he maintained his car well too, so you can't call him on that.

It only goes downhill from there. Read for yourself.

http://www0.epinions.com/auto_Make-1...ist/pp_~1#list

Maybe having a car that "runs like a Dodge" isn't so great. Thing is, I like Dodges. I just don't like you.

And you can't return the volley because Buick, unlike Dodge, is consistently near the top of the list in JD Power's Initial Quality Study AND Long Term Dependability Study. Don't believe me? Look it up yourself.

Your car is just as much of a shitbox as anyone else's. It's time you got off your damn platform and ceased to act like your shit doesn't stink. A Neon is NOT the end-all of the automotive world. I'm real glad you're happy with your 200 hp front wheel drive economy car. No really. It just makes it all the more interesting that you choose to take your battle in this thread to someone whose car was BUILT to go fast.

But wait, there's MORE!

So since you decided to go out of your way in a pathetic attempt to irritate me, I decided I'd spend a modicum of effort so that your favor doesn't go unanswered. Let's take a look:

So you claim your car makes 200 hp off of "a chip, full exhaust, and a tune". Hmm, very vague terms on that last bit. But let's delve into that first one.

You claim to have bought a chip off of EBay for $10. Now when faced with the facts, you believe it to be worthless, which it is. I find it quite interesting that you were actually dumb enough to be pulled into that scam in the first place. Good Job. So now this chip that added 20 phantom horsepower is suddenly gone. But yet you still have 200 hp. Riiigght...

Next, the full exhaust. A good power adder. No proof you actually have one, but let's consider that you do. A full exhaust system adds 10% or so to the original power rating of the car. Your car started off with 132 horsepower, but to be nice I'll go ahead and round that off to 18 horsepower to account for your little engine "tune". That brings you up to 150.

That leaves 50 horsepower unnaccounted for, or 40 since you *ahem* SUDDENLY claimed that it can "fluctuate" between 190 to 200 horses. Still no dyno sheet to prove this, though. Suddenly this "little engine tuning" transitions into "a little more than a tune". Right-o.

So let's see. Brabus makes a tuning kit for the CL 500 which boosts power from 382 to 419 horsepower, a 37 horsepower gain. And that's on a 382 horsepower STOCK engine! Assuming that your "friend" could even HOPE to get the same percentage increase on your car as Brabus, that would still only bring you up to about 165 hp! Just to be fair, I'll even calculate the second level Brabus kit, which actually increases the DISPLACEMENT of the engine to add more power, up to 462 hp. Again assuming percentages, you're still at only 180 hp at the MOST!

But then, let us also take into account your very own statement:

"Also, the horsepower specs I'm giving you for them are factory, which means they're inflated."

Oh my! So perhaps my calculations were innaccurate as they were based on inflated factory numbers!

Therefore, we may have an additional 10-15 horsepower to account for, according to you.

As it is, I think it's safe to call bullshit on you and so should anyone else in their right mind.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #159
smallangryneon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
Well, you don't seem to have a problem doing it to anyone else, so deal with it.

I think perhaps we'll just take a look at what a few fellow owners have to say to bring you down a notch.

First on the list!
"3rd Update 120,000 to 130,000: You might want to sell this car before 120,000 miles because I'm starting to have a lot of costly problems with it frequently. The air conditioning can't seem to run properly although I've already sunk 1300 dollars into the problem. It will take an extra $500 to get it fixed completely, which I am not willing at this time to spend. The alternator also went out and that cost me another $200. It about left me stranded one time but by begging God and the car not to stop I was able to get to the shop before it completely stalled out. The power steering also seems to get slightly hung up at times during sharp turns and complicated movements during parking or turning around. I just don't think it can go to 175K without costing me $1000s to operate. The service guy, who seems knowledgeable about cars, told me to stay away from American cars because they're not built to last. He said to buy Japanese cars like Nissan, Toyota, and Honda especially but stay away from Korean makes like Hyandui and Kia. They cost more, but run longer without so many costly problems. I used to own Nissan Sentras, I tend to agree.

Recommended:
No"

Oh my! And he maintained his car well too, so you can't call him on that.

It only goes downhill from there. Read for yourself.

http://www0.epinions.com/auto_Make-1...ist/pp_~1#list

Maybe having a car that "runs like a Dodge" isn't so great. Thing is, I like Dodges. I just don't like you.

And you can't return the volley because Buick, unlike Dodge, is consistently near the top of the list in JD Power's Initial Quality Study AND Long Term Dependability Study. Don't believe me? Look it up yourself.

Your car is just as much of a shitbox as anyone else's. It's time you got off your damn platform and ceased to act like your shit doesn't stink. A Neon is NOT the end-all of the automotive world. I'm real glad you're happy with your 200 hp front wheel drive economy car. No really. It just makes it all the more interesting that you choose to take your battle in this thread to someone whose car was BUILT to go fast.

But wait, there's MORE!

So since you decided to go out of your way in a pathetic attempt to irritate me, I decided I'd spend a modicum of effort so that your favor doesn't go unanswered. Let's take a look:

So you claim your car makes 200 hp off of "a chip, full exhaust, and a tune". Hmm, very vague terms on that last bit. But let's delve into that first one.

You claim to have bought a chip off of EBay for $10. Now when faced with the facts, you believe it to be worthless, which it is. I find it quite interesting that you were actually dumb enough to be pulled into that scam in the first place. Good Job. So now this chip that added 20 phantom horsepower is suddenly gone. But yet you still have 200 hp. Riiigght...

Next, the full exhaust. A good power adder. No proof you actually have one, but let's consider that you do. A full exhaust system adds 10% or so to the original power rating of the car. Your car started off with 132 horsepower, but to be nice I'll go ahead and round that off to 18 horsepower to account for your little engine "tune". That brings you up to 150.

That leaves 50 horsepower unnaccounted for, or 40 since you *ahem* SUDDENLY claimed that it can "fluctuate" between 190 to 200 horses. Still no dyno sheet to prove this, though. Suddenly this "little engine tuning" transitions into "a little more than a tune". Right-o.

So let's see. Brabus makes a tuning kit for the CL 500 which boosts power from 382 to 419 horsepower, a 37 horsepower gain. And that's on a 382 horsepower STOCK engine! Assuming that your "friend" could even HOPE to get the same percentage increase on your car as Brabus, that would still only bring you up to about 165 hp! Just to be fair, I'll even calculate the second level Brabus kit, which actually increases the DISPLACEMENT of the engine to add more power, up to 462 hp. Again assuming percentages, you're still at only 180 hp at the MOST!

But then, let us also take into account your very own statement:

"Also, the horsepower specs I'm giving you for them are factory, which means they're inflated."

Oh my! So perhaps my calculations were innaccurate as they were based on inflated factory numbers!

Therefore, we may have an additional 10-15 horsepower to account for, according to you.

As it is, I think it's safe to call bullshit on you and so should anyone else in their right mind.
Boy do you need a life! It must have taken you an hour to research all that and write it out. I'm flattered that you'd take so much time out of your life for little 'ol me. But I guess you probably don't have much else to do.
I'll answer this when I have time, probably tomorrow. And I'll try to get a dyno sheet for you, and also ask my friend what exactly he did so I don't have to deal with pathetic people like you any more. Have a nice day + don't forget to get up from your computer and stretch occasionally.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #160
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Boy do you need a life! It must have taken you an hour to research all that and write it out. I'm flattered that you'd take so much time out of your life for little 'ol me. But I guess you probably don't have much else to do.
I'll answer this when I have time, probably tomorrow. And I'll try to get a dyno sheet for you, and also ask my friend what exactly he did so I don't have to deal with pathetic people like you any more. Have a nice day + don't forget to get up from your computer and stretch occasionally.
Sure you will. Sad you don't know enough about your own car to tell us yourself. Shows just how useless you really are.

Way to pull the "I don't have a life" crap, instead of addressing any actual issues. Especially considering it only took me 10 minutes at work to find shit on you. Apparently, you're just that full of it.

Last edited by hondaman : 12-06-2006 at 09:35 PM.
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:16 PM   #161
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
My grandma's friggin Caravan can outrun a V8 truck. And as for the rest ... show me a video of you toasting a mustang and I'll believe it. Until then, I call bullshit.
Those 4-cylinder cars you mentioned aren't exactly '4-bangers'. They're factory modified performance cars. I'm not arguing with the fact that some of them would toast my car, but ...
My Neon= 200 horses, 2385 lbs (actually less because of all the stuff I took out; that's the stock weight)
Cobalt SS=205 horses, 2806 lbs.
Ion Redline=205 horses, 2945 lbs.
And so on. My point here is that my car is comparable to many of these cars. Also, the horsepower specs I'm giving you for them are factory, which means they're inflated. My horsepower specs are an actual accurate measurement. So, for example, while Honda claims the S2000 gets 240 horses, in reality it only gets about 210. (sportcompactcarweb.com). So I don't want to hear anyone knocking my car.
I wasn't actually aware that your car had a non-GM tranny, so you're right, I should have done some research on that. It's actually probably the only part of your car that'll work for any period of time without breaking, unless it's carrying other non-GM components.

1st My car has the tranny that GM installed in it. A T56. Made by either Borg Warner or Tremec cant remeber at the moment. A viper has a very simialar tranny and they can share parts.

2nd. You claim your hp is accurate. Have you had it on the dyno if so how mcuh did ti put to the wheels? Or have you taken the enigne out and throw in on an engine dyno? If not you dont have a accurate hp measurement.

3rd. Your weight. Did you have it weighed. Curb weight or dry weight?

4th. Factory Rating. Not all factory rating are inflated. For example the S/C Cobolt SS is rated at 205 FWHP (Flywheel HP) from the Factory but completely stock people are dynoing them and they are puttin over that to THE WHEELS. LS1 F-bodys are also very underated. My friends was rated at 305 FWHP at the factory and we dynoed it completely stock and it layed down 308 rwhp. More cars that ar underated include the Ford GT, C6 Z06 to name two off the top of my head.
The only car that comes t my head when you say inflated HP numbers is the 2001 (?) Mustang Cobra where they where being dynoed way below what the should have so ford had to do a recall and update them to their factory ratings.

5th. About my car breaking. Lets see your sweet little NEON pushin around 300+ hp and last as long as mine has.

6th. When your car is running in the 14s or hell even 15s then it will be comparable to those other cars.

7th. Sorry I dont video all my street races. If you knew anythign about Mustangs vs. F-bodys you woudl know that the 05 300hp GT is only puttin around 255 to the wheels 93 LT1 F-bodys put that down. Mustangs are also notorious for being heavy.My car was dynoed at 286rwhp before my round of mods with isnt worth much but at least a little more. and I HAVE WEIGHED IT PERSONALLY. 3450Lbs with me in it. That is enough to outrun any stock non-cobra mustang.

8th. DO you even understand the difference between bhp or fwhp (flywheel) or crank hp vs rwhp or whp or fwhp (front wheel).

9th. I doubt your grandmas caravan could beat my Hemi Dodge Ram. Or a Ford Lightning for that matter.

10th. YOUR AN IDIOT!!!!

Last edited by Enthusiast : 12-06-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:47 AM   #162
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
1st My car has the tranny that GM installed in it. A T56. Made by either Borg Warner or Tremec cant remeber at the moment. A viper has a very simialar tranny and they can share parts.

2nd. You claim your hp is accurate. Have you had it on the dyno if so how mcuh did ti put to the wheels? Or have you taken the enigne out and throw in on an engine dyno? If not you dont have a accurate hp measurement.

4th. Factory Rating. Not all factory rating are inflated. For example the S/C Cobolt SS is rated at 205 FWHP (Flywheel HP) from the Factory but completely stock people are dynoing them and they are puttin over that to THE WHEELS. LS1 F-bodys are also very underated. My friends was rated at 305 FWHP at the factory and we dynoed it completely stock and it layed down 308 rwhp. More cars that ar underated include the Ford GT, C6 Z06 to name two off the top of my head.
The only car that comes t my head when you say inflated HP numbers is the 2001 (?) Mustang Cobra where they where being dynoed way below what the should have so ford had to do a recall and update them to their factory ratings.

5th. About my car breaking. Lets see your sweet little NEON pushin around 300+ hp and last as long as mine has.

6th. When your car is running in the 14s or hell even 15s then it will be comparable to those other cars.

7th. Sorry I dont video all my street races. If you knew anythign about Mustangs vs. F-bodys you woudl know that the 05 300hp GT is only puttin around 255 to the wheels 93 LT1 F-bodys put that down. Mustangs are also notorious for being heavy.My car was dynoed at 286rwhp before my round of mods with isnt worth much but at least a little more. and I HAVE WEIGHED IT PERSONALLY. 3450Lbs with me in it. That is enough to outrun any stock non-cobra mustang.

8th. DO you even understand the difference between bhp or fwhp (flywheel) or crank hp vs rwhp or whp or fwhp (front wheel).

9th. I doubt your grandmas caravan could beat my Hemi Dodge Ram. Or a Ford Lightning for that matter.

10th. YOUR AN IDIOT!!!!

Yweah right he prolly has a chip and a fart can and thinks those two give him 50hp! I bet he even has some stickers to!!!

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 12-07-2006, 02:47 AM   #163
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

10th. YOUR AN IDIOT!!!!

Yweah right he prolly has a chip and a fart can and thinks those two give him 50hp! I bet he even has some stickers to!!!

Also brand new Mustang gt's run mid-low 13 sec 1/4 stock.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:18 AM   #164
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias

Also brand new Mustang gt's run mid-low 13 sec 1/4 stock.

Yah I know.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:21 PM   #165
smallangryneon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
Sure you will. Sad you don't know enough about your own car to tell us yourself. Shows just how useless you really are.

Way to pull the "I don't have a life" crap, instead of addressing any actual issues. Especially considering it only took me 10 minutes at work to find shit on you. Apparently, you're just that full of it.
I've never done any heavy engine work, so no, I admit that I don't. And if you wrote all that in 10 minutes your probably the new 'fastest typer in the world'.