Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2006, 10:06 AM   #16
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallangryneon
Sorry, no picture, I don't own a camera ...

'97 Dodge Neon coupe SOHC
Mods:
Performance Chip (can't remember what kind. I bought it from eBay about a year back. It didn't actually make all that much difference.)
Performance Exhaust (again, I don't know exactly what it is. I took it out of another neon like mine. Says 'monza' in the muffler, which I assume is the company. this made a huge difference.)
I stripped nearly all the insulation out myself. The back seat has been removed to reduce weight, as has the spare tire, lining from the trunk, etc.

The outside looks crappy. I haven't really done anything at all to make it look better. I assume it was originally bright red, but it's kind of faded into a gross brick color. I've been considering repainting it, but it would be a lot of work and I kind of like the fact that it doesn't look like much at all. If I repainted I'd probably do silver or black, or a combination of the two. The headlights are also really yellowed, but they're expensive to replace.
So there it is.

What happens if you get a flat?
Old 11-20-2006, 02:52 PM   #17
glagon1979
daddy x3

winter vehicle: 1984 f150 4 spd manual

summer vehicle: 1981 monte carlo, 350 .060 over, flat tops, vortec heads, big cam (cant find the info right now), edelbrock 750 with the choke horn milled off, 3.73 gears, and a th375 trans with a shift kit and a 2700 stall converter.

other summer vehicle: 1984 buick regal, 305 bone stock with 87,000 miles on it and absolutly no rust on it. best thing about this car is I spent $150 on it and all i had to do was put a starter in it.

ps. to all the newbs, the car in my avatar isnt my car
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #18
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Just wanted to know about the cars you guys have on this forum. Post what it is, mods youve done, times at the strip and dyno numbers if you have em.

1997 Camaro Z28 6M

Sub Frame Connectors
Spec Stage 3 Clutch
Lightweight FlyWheel
3.73 Gears
UMI Short Stick
Pacesetter Headers
Lethal Performance Header-back exhuast
Cold Air Intake
Electric Water Pump

It put down 286 RWHP and 330 RWTQ with a bad exhaust leak so the PCM thought the engine was knocking and started pullin an ass load of timing. With some, should be done in a week or two, there is no doubt i could do 320 at the wheels.

No offense but 320 is pretty damn optimistic for the minimal mods you have and of course it being an LT1. You don't even have a lid yet and that is one of the first things people do.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #19
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

I care not to hear your opinions on an LT1s power potential if you obviously have limited knowledge on the subject.
First off the LT1s in an F-body dont have a "lid" they have a conventional air intake, and yes it has been replaced in mine with a crappy ebay intake which I just replaced with the K&N version (I dont like half assed parts)

second. I have personally seen a 160K (non rebuild) LT1 with my same mods minus the flywheel and gears and pulleys and elctric wateer pump (which help on the dyno) plus 1.6 rr Put down 336 at the wheels with a good tune. Sure the second the weather changed he lost a few ponies due to the tune being so specific but he still made those numbers. I will also pick up a bunch of ponies just by changing my block to header gaskets, since one of them is leaking and making my PCM think the engine is knocking, in turn the PCM is pulling a bitch load of timing. Its retarded so much you can hear it, and it still put down 286.

third. I choose an LT1 over an LS1 just for this reason, people like you who underestimate all LT1s. Its so much more fun driving an LT1 in an LS1 world. Sure if I loose its expected but the times I win they say ohh thats things got a cam there is no way an LT1 can beat an LS1 or one of many other excuses Ive heard.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #20
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
What happens if you get a flat?

Well mines removed and I have run flats and just incase they get bad enough I cant even drive on em for a few miles...I call my girl and she comes and gets me
Old 11-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #21
HiLandR
CF Newbie

Where do you live Enthusiast? I'd like to run em just to see how I stack up. I'm stock except for different tail pipes, and that'd be no gain.

~~~ H O R S E P O W E R L U N C H ~~~ founder!
HiLandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:42 AM   #22
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

I live in the DFW area of Texas. I think your a little far for a race. Im pretty sure youd beat me right now. maybe Id give you a run for your money when I get my crap done.
Everytime I try to race a C5 they back off. My car sounds a lot faster than it really is. haha. I ran one at the track and I ran a 9.4 ( I know its bad but hey I broke 2nd) and the C5 I ran right next to also ran a 9.4 but he was a HORRIBLE DRIVER. haha. Youd most definetley win.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:24 AM   #23
HiLandR
CF Newbie

Are you talking 1/8th mile?

Old 11-21-2006, 03:18 AM   #24
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Haha Yah. If my relatively stock car ran a 9.4 in the 1/4 I wouldnt know what to do with myself. The one time I ran at the 1/4 mile strip, It was my first trip ever in the car to a strip and I ran high 13s and I was runnnin like shit. Its pretty hard to hook 300+ Ft/Lbs through a manual on shitty 245s, let me tell yah about it

Once the tranny is Viperized, first week of christmas break, Im gonna through some DRs on it and lay down some wicked times. Maybe just Mayeb Ill sneek into the 12s. haha I doubt it but maybe.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:21 AM   #25
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Haha Yah. If my relatively stock car ran a 9.4 in the 1/4 I wouldnt know what to do with myself. The one time I ran at the 1/4 mile strip, It was my first trip ever in the car to a strip and I ran high 13s and I was runnnin like shit. Its pretty hard to hook 300+ Ft/Lbs through a manual on shitty 245s, let me tell yah about it

Once the tranny is Viperized, first week of christmas break, Im gonna through some DRs on it and lay down some wicked times. Maybe just Mayeb Ill sneek into the 12s. haha I doubt it but maybe.
i suppose theres no harm in trying!!!
like the camaro by the way (if i havnt said it already!)

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:24 AM   #26
HiLandR
CF Newbie

Here's my one and only mod, Borla XR1 straight pipes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiDJt-8DMqo

I wish you were closer, I'd love to throw down with ya!

Old 11-21-2006, 03:26 AM   #27
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Ive heard of a stock 02 SS in GM high Tech Performance runnin a 12.98 completelty stock. So I figure with better tires, A lil more power, and a little less weight than that car, I should probably be able to squeeze in there or at least get close.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:54 AM   #28
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
I care not to hear your opinions on an LT1s power potential if you obviously have limited knowledge on the subject.
First off the LT1s in an F-body dont have a "lid" they have a conventional air intake, and yes it has been replaced in mine with a crappy ebay intake which I just replaced with the K&N version (I dont like half assed parts)

second. I have personally seen a 160K (non rebuild) LT1 with my same mods minus the flywheel and gears and pulleys and elctric wateer pump (which help on the dyno) plus 1.6 rr Put down 336 at the wheels with a good tune. Sure the second the weather changed he lost a few ponies due to the tune being so specific but he still made those numbers. I will also pick up a bunch of ponies just by changing my block to header gaskets, since one of them is leaking and making my PCM think the engine is knocking, in turn the PCM is pulling a bitch load of timing. Its retarded so much you can hear it, and it still put down 286.

third. I choose an LT1 over an LS1 just for this reason, people like you who underestimate all LT1s. Its so much more fun driving an LT1 in an LS1 world. Sure if I loose its expected but the times I win they say ohh thats things got a cam there is no way an LT1 can beat an LS1 or one of many other excuses Ive heard.

Too bad you won't ever beat an LS1 the way your car sits unless the driver was

1. Srewing with you.
2. Missed a shit/could not drive.

Anyway I call total Bullshit on your car putting that down, I'd be surprised to see your car in the 13's.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:08 AM   #29
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Haha Im sorry you feel that way. I beat an 1998 A4 Trans am on Friday we did a 40 roll and I pulled him. Hes a good friend and he even admitted to the loss. My car also isnt stock weight. It runs alot better than most people would think. I ran my best friend who has a full wieght plus system 02 M6 Z28 with Lid and Kooks, ORY, and Flowmaster Cat-back. He only pulled my by a nose.
Oh and by the way a stock LS1 doesnt have enough power on me to "screw with me" and about an LS1 driver just being a bad driver, that sounds even more fun than just having a faster car than him. Whats worse than losing to someone with a slower car.

Oh and my car already has been in the 13s granted it was like a 13.8 it was there.

Dont be angry because you drive a mustang, when you get into the F-body community maybe youll learn some things.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:19 AM   #30
HiLandR
CF Newbie

Guys, don't start to argue. Word to the wise gentlemen, "if you say you ran the time or you are putting down xxx hp to the wheels" then be prepared to show a time slip or dyno.
-That is all!