Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2006, 04:27 AM   #31
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Sorry it was a grudge match night and they werent handing out slips. Ill try and get in contact with the previous owner to get the time slips.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:35 AM   #32
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Haha Im sorry you feel that way. I beat an 1998 A4 Trans am on Friday we did a 40 roll and I pulled him. Hes a good friend and he even admitted to the loss. My car also isnt stock weight. It runs alot better than most people would think. I ran my best friend who has a full wieght plus system 02 M6 Z28 with Lid and Kooks, ORY, and Flowmaster Cat-back. He only pulled my by a nose.
Oh and by the way a stock LS1 doesnt have enough power on me to "screw with me" and about an LS1 driver just being a bad driver, that sounds even more fun than just having a faster car than him. Whats worse than losing to someone with a slower car.

Oh and my car already has been in the 13s granted it was like a 13.8 it was there.

Dont be angry because you drive a mustang, when you get into the F-body community maybe youll learn some things.

I already am, already have the Mustang sold in my sid. 13.8 huh? Thats funny, the car I drove at the track (was considering buying ) 98 LS1 A4 lid filter and thats IT and ran a 2.02 60" 13.4 on a HOTT day. As far as most M6's most of those are in low 13's with a few mods and some traction 12's. Doesn't look like I'm the one who needs to learn somethin. If you think a 13.8 is good enough to beat any competant LS1 car/driver well then there's nothing more to be said....

And why would I be angry that I drive a Mustang? Because it's slower? Because the last time I took my 95 Mustang Gt to the track I ran a 12.1? Is that that slow?

Oh and here's a link to what your beloved LT1's run totally stock, and this is at a Chevy website. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34093

Low-mid 14's Have YOU personalyl ever ran the car at the track or are you quoting the previous owner?

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."

Last edited by Pythias : 11-21-2006 at 04:55 AM.
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:55 AM   #33
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

At the track I ran a 13.8 that is with HUGE traction problems and I dont care about what an A4 runs at the track. How hard is it to drive a mid 13 sec auto car at the track. Also I didnt race the T/A at the track we ran on a local concrete road, therefore there was no traction problems for me.

It is extremly hard to drive this car on the track in its current form and that would explain my shitty times. When I went to the 1/8 and broke the tranny I cut a sweet 2.46 60'.

Also if you arent local and dont have very similar DAs then we really cant compare track times as that has an effect on the outcome.

I also have got a little better at driving as The other day I cut a 2.16 60' and ran a 4.9 0-60 on my G-Tech, didnt get to finish the 1/4 mile run as I hit some traffic. Im pretty sure thats enough to have a A4 LS1 covered, as Motortrend ran a 02 WS6 to a 5.2 0-60.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:00 AM   #34
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Oh and yes I belive a 12.1 is slow. Hell I believe my car is a slug. Sorry after being in a 600whp N/A 02 Z almost everything seems slow.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:06 AM   #35
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Oh and yes I belive a 12.1 is slow. Hell I believe my car is a slug. Sorry after being in a 600whp N/A 02 Z almost everything seems slow.

I didn't ask if that was slow compared to what you have driven or ridden in, if that were the case almost everything would be considered slow to me as I have been in a 10 second car. Obviously my car is SLOWER then that but it is not SLOW, to have that concept in your mind is simply stupid. "I have been in a 600whp car so everything else is slow because it isn't as fast as that"

Anyway I'm done arguing about your LT1, post some slips or dyno sheets, until then I call total Bullshit.

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 11-21-2006, 05:19 AM   #36
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Sounds like a plan. My baseline tune should be in in a few days, just gotta get rid of the damn SES light, and in the next week or two Ill go up to my buddys shop and throw it on the dyno.

And why is that stupid. Ive grown up around extremely quick cars, I think anything thatisnt stock and isnt a 10 sec or single digit car isnt fast. sorry. Ive become numb to 11 sec and slower cars.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:32 AM   #37
HiLandR
CF Newbie

My car goes low 13's, on stock tires, and on DR probably another .5, I figure to have you for a while yet until you finish your mods. But I'd still like the opportunity to run them. I love to race.

~~~ H O R S E P O W E R L U N C H ~~~ founder!
HiLandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:39 AM   #38
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Yah I was going to focus completely on suspension mods until I got challenged to a Mod race on another forum so ill be crammin for power mods for the next few months, throw some slicks and spray on it and just pray the rear stays together. But for the month or so its set up for the drags Id love to run you. Hell even if I lose id still be fun.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:34 AM   #39
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

I've never used this expression before but this definitely seems like a dick waving contest.

Think you guys should grow up and just accept the fact that people exaggerate sometimes.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:52 AM   #40
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
I've never used this expression before but this definitely seems like a dick waving contest.

Think you guys should grow up and just accept the fact that people exaggerate sometimes.

Bronxie

Stick to your description.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:56 PM   #41
glagon1979
daddy x3

come to new york some time, i'll run ya both just kidding. i took my carb, intake, and heads off to do some port matching. i did get a chance to run it at the 1/4 mile track just once to see what it could do. 13.1 with a shitty tuned carb and timming that was about 2 degrees off. by the end of next year it should be running low 12's high 11's.
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #42
Bronxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Bronxie

Stick to your description.

I'm sorry but what does your little kid discussion have to do with knowing crap about cars? "OH YOU THINK 13.8 IS FAST? I DID 12.1, AND NOT ONLY THAT, IV'E BEEN IN AN 8 SECOND CAR TOO!" ... "**** THAT MAN I'VE SEEN A 6 SECOND MONSTER BEFORE SO I KNOW WHAT FAST IS" Time to grow up little guy

EDIT: And I'm sure your car did 12.1 you lying piece of shit

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.

Last edited by Bronxie : 11-21-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #43
smallangryneon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
What happens if you get a flat?
Then I'm screwed. But that spare tire is heavy.
smallangryneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #44
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
EDIT: And I'm sure your car did 12.1 you lying piece of shit

Yes because you know so much about cars in general , especially my car you stupid piece of shit.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:23 PM   #45
HiLandR
CF Newbie

Damn guys, no need to get hostile. Hey Bronxie it IS a car forum. We ARE talking about cars. No biggie man nothing's worth getting all pissed over.

~~~ H O R S E P O W E R L U N C H ~~~ founder!
HiLandR is offline   Reply With Quote