Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #46
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Oh and yes I belive a 12.1 is slow. Hell I believe my car is a slug. Sorry after being in a 600whp N/A 02 Z almost everything seems slow.

12.1 isn't slow. Jesus. Kids these days.

BTW, I built and owned a 600 hp, 700 lb ft 460 powered Fox mustang. 12.2s with 2.43 final drive ratios and slalom race tires...

And a tow hitch.

www.midatlantic7s.com

Last edited by ChrisV : 11-21-2006 at 09:00 PM.
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:25 PM   #47
HiLandR
CF Newbie

Tow hitch, nice touch. My Corvette has a tow setup, I took all remnants off. Honeslty, who tows with a vette?

~~~ H O R S E P O W E R L U N C H ~~~ founder!
HiLandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:28 PM   #48
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Sorry a 12.1 may be fast to you but it really isnt to me, same thing as the kid who thinks a 200hp neon is fast, I dont. Some poele think Evos and STi or even a Civic is fast, I dont. Its called personal opinion. Ive become numb to 11 and 12 sec cars in my life time and they just dont impress me at all unless the car is runnin great for what has been done to it,like the LT1 running in the 11s with no power adder and only bolt ons, If you dont beleive me look it up, his name is Shon herron or the 467rwhp LT1 runnin in the 9s with a stock looking interior (Back issue of Hot Rod)
Sure the 600hp engine is nothing to laugh about but the times the layed down dont impress me, sorry.
For me it works like this: buy a decent car, its fun for a while eventually 300, 400, or even 500 HP gets boring and feels slow, so I modify it. That is why my neighbor has a 700hp N/A 445 LS2 that is about to get two turbos and a healthy dose of nitrous.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #49
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLandR
Tow hitch, nice touch. My Corvette has a tow setup, I took all remnants off. Honeslty, who tows with a vette?
Ive towed some jet skis with a vette
Old 11-21-2006, 07:02 PM   #50
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Yes because you know so much about cars in general , especially my car you stupid piece of shit.

LOL oh yeah your car is nearly as fast as a ferrari f430. I bet it is.

Guess you forgot to do some research before you pulled that number out of your ass, dumb ass.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:24 PM   #51
HiLandR
CF Newbie

Wow, what fun we are having. Guys stop with the personal attacks, seriously!

Old 11-21-2006, 07:43 PM   #52
Bronxie

Quote:
Wow, what fun we are having. Guys stop with the personal attacks, seriously!

Sorry, but this kid is such a douche.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:03 PM   #53
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
LOL oh yeah your car is nearly as fast as a ferrari f430. I bet it is.

Guess you forgot to do some research before you pulled that number out of your ass, dumb ass.

Wow you are more ignorant than I ever believed you dumb rich little bitch. How can you BEGIN to know what my car runs without knowing what it even has on it? Newsflash it doesn't take a million dollars to run 12's cocksucker.... but you wouldn't knwo anything about that as all you drive are BMW's. With ET streets, evertyhing else I have done to the car and a 125 dry shot of Nitrous I have run 12.1 No listen up and shut the **** up because your ignorance might soon begin to rub off on others.

And I'm a douche? At least I didn't wreck daddy's little BMW because I was going to fast on some gravel, I mean who the **** speeds on gravel? And don't say you weren't going that fast, if you lost control you were. Retard.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."

Last edited by Pythias : 11-21-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:53 PM   #54
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Grims off of LS1LT1.com
Off the top of my head, the mods I had with the dyno on my car domain are.

LTs, Y pipe to a cutout, !CATs, 1.6 rockers, CAI, tuned PCM which helped a TON, gutted MAF, free mods, aluminum DS, SPEC 3 clutch, Steel fly wheel, 160 thero, made 334rwhp, and 360 something torque. That was STD, under those condition you would deduct 2% for SAE (the norm for dyno corrections) leaves us at about 328rwhp. On the 150 shot it made about 460.

Those are the only mods I can think of that may directly effect a dyno. Also, I dynoed the same car same tune at the same dyno in the middle of summer in 106 degrees and it dynoed only 300. Took it back when it was about 70 out and it dynoed 334 again

Here is his dyno sheet for you.

The guy that tuned his car will also be tuning my car. Grims also lives in Texas, its also a 150K mile non rebuild longblock.

The only mod he he has on my is 1.6 rrs, to the tune of about 10rwhp. I have gears, Electric waterpump, and lightweight flywheel, my extra mods should be more than enough to make up the 10rwhp as ws6.com dynoed an LT1 before and after an Eletric Water Pump install and picked up 8 peak HP if I recal correctly.

Last edited by Enthusiast : 11-21-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:16 PM   #55
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
12.1 isn't slow. Jesus. Kids these days.

BTW, I built and owned a 600 hp, 700 lb ft 460 powered Fox mustang. 12.2s with 2.43 final drive ratios and slalom race tires...

Given the newer technology in todays automotive world, I would have to agree that high 11's low 12's are more achievable in most cars by your average enthusiast. A lot of these cars are coming out of the box with mid 13 second 1/4th times and one could conceive where the idea of a car running 2 seconds faster than its stock time would be perceived as "slow".

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:40 PM   #56
Bronxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Wow you are more ignorant than I ever believed you dumb rich little bitch. How can you BEGIN to know what my car runs without knowing what it even has on it? Newsflash it doesn't take a million dollars to run 12's cocksucker.... but you wouldn't knwo anything about that as all you drive are BMW's. With ET streets, evertyhing else I have done to the car and a 125 dry shot of Nitrous I have run 12.1 No listen up and shut the **** up because your ignorance might soon begin to rub off on others.

Wow you're the dirtiest little kid I've ever had to communicate with. I never put a price on anything. I never said it costs any amount of money. I said you are a lying ****. Get it? OK then, shut up little dude.

Quote:
And I'm a douche? At least I didn't wreck daddy's little BMW because I was going to fast on some gravel, I mean who the **** speeds on gravel? And don't say you weren't going that fast, if you lost control you were. Retard.

What? When was there gravel involved? Who said that and when? Who said I was going fast? OH YEAH. No one did. That's something you made up to make it sound like you have an argument as to why I am a douche, but you really don't, so if I was you I would just accept the fact that you're a dumb little kid who should stop expecting people to believe his retarded lies.

Here's a tip: Get a job. Get a life. Grow up. Stop making shit up about yourself online to feel better about your miserable life. Let's call it the Triple G project, where you'll set sail on your journey to do the first three things I mentioned in this paragraph. I know you can do it (not)

Old 11-21-2006, 11:52 PM   #57
HiLandR
CF Newbie

We need a race day, for CF. Somebody pick a central location. Where is everyone?

Old 11-21-2006, 11:55 PM   #58
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Pythias, if you would like to see more LT1 dyno results go to ls1tech.com scroll down to the LT1 section and the dyno archive is a sticky. A few people down there is an A4 LT1 completely stock that ran 13.64
Old 11-21-2006, 11:58 PM   #59
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
We need a race day, for CF. Somebody pick a central location. Where is everyone?
Ontario for me lol...There's people all around the world. I don't have a car, but I'd definitely go to watch lol.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:58 PM   #60
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

I think CFers are to wide spread for a race, a bunch of them are from europe.