Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2006, 12:01 AM   #61
HiLandR
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Pythias, if you would like to see more LT1 dyno results go to ls1tech.com scroll down to the LT1 section and the dyno archive is a sticky. A few people down there is an A4 LT1 completely stock that ran 13.64
Hey Bro, is that your dyno or just an LT1?

~~~ H O R S E P O W E R L U N C H ~~~ founder!
HiLandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:55 AM   #62
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Wow you're the dirtiest little kid I've ever had to communicate with. I never put a price on anything. I never said it costs any amount of money. I said you are a lying ****. Get it? OK then, shut up little dude.

What? When was there gravel involved? Who said that and when? Who said I was going fast? OH YEAH. No one did. That's something you made up to make it sound like you have an argument as to why I am a douche, but you really don't, so if I was you I would just accept the fact that you're a dumb little kid who should stop expecting people to believe his retarded lies.

Here's a tip: Get a job. Get a life. Grow up. Stop making shit up about yourself online to feel better about your miserable life. Let's call it the Triple G project, where you'll set sail on your journey to do the first three things I mentioned in this paragraph. I know you can do it (not)

Oh.....ok you never put a price on anything even though yuo compared my times with that of a Ferrari F430. No you never meant to imply money at all with that statement. So why exactly is it so hard to believe that I can run those times then with nitrous, some nice tires, and the supporting modifications for it? You're simply in denial and consumed by your own ignorance.

And I stand corrected Enthusiast.

Let it be kjnown to all, Bronxie is psychic and knows that I am a liar for doing something as far fetched as running a 12.1 with nitrous, tires, and about 3k in other modifications. MAN guys he is SO smart!

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."

Last edited by Pythias : 11-22-2006 at 12:59 AM.
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:06 AM   #63
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
And I stand corrected Enthusiast.

Let it be kjnown to all, Bronxie is psychic and knows that I am a liar for doing something as far fetched as running a 12.1 with nitrous, tires, and about 3k in other modifications. MAN guys he is SO smart!

Thank you for that I really didnt expect that outta you.
Also I plan on running in the 12s probably not near that deep but maybe mid 12s with just bolt ons, slicks, and some nitrous.
Bronxie now-a-days its really not all that hard to run in the 12s if you have a decent platform to begin with.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:13 AM   #64
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thank you for that I really didnt expect that outta you.
Also I plan on running in the 12s probably not near that deep but maybe mid 12s with just bolt ons, slicks, and some nitrous.
Bronxie now-a-days its really not all that hard to run in the 12s if you have a decent platform to begin with.

Oh I can assuredly admit when I am wrong, I am not so dumb as to deny proof, you provided a dyno sheet, I believe you. Let me know what happens once you get your exhaust leak fixed and such, I'd like to know what you run.

Exactly, a few bolt-ons, slicks, and of course nitrous. And with some weight reduction, and OPTIMIZING what you have out of your combo you can do ALOT. Of course I'm selling my 95 as well in order to buy a 98-02 Camaro.... be nice to have something that doesn't take Nitrous to get into the 12's and can still get 28mpg highway.

Of course Bronxie's deal is he simply won't accept the fact that I've done it, for whatever retarded ass reason he has thought up in his ignorant double-digit I.Q. mind. All he will say is "You're lieing you're lieing!" Ignorance is bliss....

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 11-22-2006, 05:39 AM   #65
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Quote:
Oh.....ok you never put a price on anything even though yuo compared my times with that of a Ferrari F430. No you never meant to imply money at all with that statement. So why exactly is it so hard to believe that I can run those times then with nitrous, some nice tires, and the supporting modifications for it? You're simply in denial and consumed by your own ignorance.

The ferrari statement was not about price. It was comparing your claimed times to a REALLY fast sports car.

Quote:
What other mods do you have?

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:13 AM   #66
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
The ferrari statement was not about price. It was comparing your claimed times to a REALLY fast sports car.

What other mods do you have?

Oh... now it's possible that I have run this time.

This is when I first got it.

Performance
ZEX adjustable(75hp to 125hp) dry nitrous system (part # 82015)
ZEX Nitrous spark plugs (part# 82070-8)
Ford Motorsport 9mm Spark plug wires
14 Degrees base timing
MAC Fender well cold air induction system (part#3495)
Pro-M 73mm Mass air meter
Polished Cobra front brake calipers loaded with Hawk pads
13" Cross drilled front rotors
BBK Chrome 1/3/4 equal length headers
Dr. Gas off-road X-Pipe 2-1/2"
Flowmaster 2 chamber cat-back exhaust system (part# 389-17212) from https://www.jegs.com
OEM Ford Bullitt Suspension kit (shocks, struts, springs, and sway bars)
March 3 Piece Ultra Aluminum Clear Powder coated set (part#2110)
180 degree T-Stat

Since then I have added an Trick Flow Intake manifold with 24lb injectors, 70mm t/b 3.55 Gears underdrive pulleys (got em cheap) Aluminum driveshaft and take out all the weight I can (rear seats were already gone, driveshaft lightented it up a little as well as the spare) Weight with 1 gallon of 93 is right around 3150. I also got it tuned for a 125 shot, with my tires cutting a 1.7 60" 1/8 7.270@100.00 and 1/4 being 12.143@117.00

Old 11-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #67
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

How much does it weigh?

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #68
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

You ever have it dynoed pythias?
Old 11-22-2006, 05:50 PM   #69
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

I already said a galloon of 93 it weighs 3150. Also my engine was rebuilt Bronzie so that 215hp figure is not very correct. After the engine rebuild and the different modifications it put down 255rwhp. The heads were also re-done when the engine was rebuilt abd bored out to a 306. Then once I added the nitrous kit, and a few other small items it put down 385rwhp.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:06 PM   #70
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
I already said a galloon of 93 it weighs 3150. Also my engine was rebuilt Bronzie so that 215hp figure is not very correct. After the engine rebuild and the different modifications it put down 255rwhp. The heads were also re-done when the engine was rebuilt abd bored out to a 306. Then once I added the nitrous kit, and a few other small items it put down 385rwhp.
I'm not sure if I don't know anything about boring, or if you made a typo, but does boring the engine out by 1 cubic inch make any difference?
Old 11-22-2006, 06:10 PM   #71
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

actually it was a 302 so thatd be 4 cubic inches. I know most people bore blocks out just a little like that because the cylinder wall is showing its age so you take a little off and its as good as new, the 4 extra cubic inches arent realy for performance
Old 11-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #72
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
actually it was a 302 so thatd be 4 cubic inches. I know most people bore blocks out just a little like that because the cylinder wall is showing its age so you take a little off and its as good as new, the 4 extra cubic inches arent realy for performance
Oh...I thought it was exactly 5.0L. Makes sense now lol.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:30 PM   #73
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Given the newer technology in todays automotive world, I would have to agree that high 11's low 12's are more achievable in most cars by your average enthusiast. A lot of these cars are coming out of the box with mid 13 second 1/4th times and one could conceive where the idea of a car running 2 seconds faster than its stock time would be perceived as "slow".

No, I disagree. Just because people are jaded and take shit for granted, does not make it slow. It's still fast: just because more of them are capable of it doesn't change that. 90% of the cars on the street are still not capable of it. Period.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:35 PM   #74
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:

See my response above. 12s are still fast. Just because you can buy a platform capable of doing it doesn't stop the fact that the vast majority (and I think 90% was being generous, it's more like 98%) of cars on the street cannot do that.

Again, kids today take too much for granted. You think that becaeu YOU bought ONE example and there are a couple thousand like you, that it's nothing important anymore. Out of the hundreds of thousasnds of new cars sold each year, how many can do it stock? And how many of the ones that are CLOSE are actually ever modded to GET there?

No, it's still fast.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:59 PM   #75
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Oh...I thought it was exactly 5.0L. Makes sense now lol.

The late model chevy 5 liter found in older trucks and 3rd gen camaros was a 305
The 5 Liter chevrolet found in the 69 Z/28 was a 302
As far as I know all Ford 5 Liters where 302s although I could be wrong