Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2006, 12:06 AM   #1
Nickboxer7
CF Enthusiast
 
Nickboxer7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 124
Pocket bikes, mini quads, or pit bikes?

I was wondering if anyone owns a mini quad, pocket bike, or pit bike? Are they fun. I would like to get something like that, but I've never ridden anything like them. I've ridden regular dirt bikes and ATV's, but how are they to drive?
Nickboxer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickboxer7
I was wondering if anyone owns a mini quad, pocket bike, or pit bike? Are they fun. I would like to get something like that, but I've never ridden anything like them. I've ridden regular dirt bikes and ATV's, but how are they to drive?
theyre good to watch, i know someone who is 6ft6in tall! he owns a mini moto which can top 70mph! ive had a little ride on one, they certainly pick up and go (until you fall off)
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:26 AM   #3
Nickboxer7
CF Enthusiast
 
Nickboxer7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 124
I don't know much about the mini moto, but I would imagine its pretty expensive. I was looking at a brand called velocita, b/c i heard they were high quality, i dont know about speed tho. I would imagine they only go 40 or so, not no 70.

http://www.velocitabikes.com/Pocket.htm
Nickboxer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:43 AM   #4
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickboxer7
I don't know much about the mini moto, but I would imagine its pretty expensive. I was looking at a brand called velocita, b/c i heard they were high quality, i dont know about speed tho. I would imagine they only go 40 or so, not no 70.

http://www.velocitabikes.com/Pocket.htm
i forgot to mention, its modified, so before mod, i agree with you, 40 does sound right!
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:54 AM   #5
Nickboxer7
CF Enthusiast
 
Nickboxer7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 124
Yeah. I believed you about the 70, i just didnt think the ones I am looking at went that fast. So you said it was fun to ride?

And how do you check to see if they are illegal in you area (If anyone knows)?
Nickboxer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:59 AM   #6
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickboxer7
Yeah. I believed you about the 70, i just didnt think the ones I am looking at went that fast. So you said it was fun to ride?

And how do you check to see if they are illegal in you area (If anyone knows)?
im sure the driving agency (whatever they are called there, here they are the DVLA ) they should tell you whats legal and not, here they arnt road legal, and can only be used on private property etc!
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:41 AM   #7
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
Pit bikes for The Win.
I love the KLX 110 there is a HUGE aftermarket for them plus you can get huge gains for pretty cheap at first. Cutout the silencer in the pipe and there is you 1 hp that is almost as good as the expensive as aftermarket pipes.
Plus get the 4th gear un locked and that thing will haul!!!
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:49 PM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickboxer7
Yeah. I believed you about the 70, i just didnt think the ones I am looking at went that fast. So you said it was fun to ride?

And how do you check to see if they are illegal in you area (If anyone knows)?
As True_Brit says, the Driving agency will have any info you need on the legalities etc, but generally speaking I think Mini Moto's are illegal to use on the road as they don't usually have lights and indicators.
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.