Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2006, 03:48 AM   #1
DjQball
CF Newbie

Talking Lambornene

So I just bought myself a new beater. It's a '97 Plymouth Neon, 5spd, 2.0 SOHC 4 cyl.
So after I bought the car, I became concerned, as the parking lights would flash, for no apparent reason. Upon opening the hood, I noticed a siren for a car alarm zip-tied to a vacuum hose... and it was disconnected. So I pulled it, and took a look under the dash. There, I found, amidst a tornado of zipties and electrical tape, a car alarm. No brand name, nothing. So I pulled that, too. But I wonder to myself, Could a bad wiring job from the car alarm be the reason that my speedometer only works only about half of the time?

I've heard myths that aftermarket car alarms cause other electrical problems to happen. Who knows, but I'm gonna pull all the wires that are just hanging loose, and see if that doesn't affect the problem.

Also, I have to install a latch for the trunk, and a lock cylinder, because there are none right now, I have bungee cord security. Does anybody know where I can purchase one for a decent price?

All in all, however, it's not a bad buy for $500. Heh heh heh
DjQball is offline   Reply With Quote