Old 04-16-2004, 01:28 AM   #1
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

The Audi Cabriolet

Hey folks!
I just wanted to make this thread because:
1) My family owns a 2003 A4 3.0 Cab
2) The S4 Cab is coming out now!

The A4 Cab is one of the best luxury cabs about there. And the 340 hp., 4.2 Liter, 2004 S4 Cab is just now coming out. This is a great car....your opinion?

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:50 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I love the A4 cabriolet, I think it combines a luxury feel with great performance, I've driven a few older Audi Cabrio's and even those felt really nice to drive! I say your family made a good choice StiMan...oh and by the way....love the new sig..can we expect a name change too lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:26 AM   #3
GMC8100
CF Newbie

The new Cabriolet: The best (4-seater) convertible ive seen and yes Bently Corniche included (for me: it's not about the $, all about the design).
What color StiMan?

"GMC8100 gone " sws...
GMC8100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:34 PM   #4
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
can we expect a name change too lol
Afraid not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC8100
What color StiMan?
It is a sky blue...I think it is called Aquamarine blue...not too sure tho..

Old 04-17-2004, 07:15 PM   #5
fabvio
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Hey folks!
I just wanted to make this thread because:
1) My family owns a 2003 A4 3.0 Cab
2) The S4 Cab is coming out now!

The A4 Cab is one of the best luxury cabs about there. And the 340 hp., 4.2 Liter, 2004 S4 Cab is just now coming out. This is a great car....your opinion?

terrible
ugly
one golf dressed

motor vw and made the vw

fabvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:17 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabvio
terrible
ugly
one golf dressed

motor vw and made the vw

Well guys, I think this one deserves a WTF? and a HUH?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:44 PM   #7
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Well guys, I think this one deserves a WTF? and a HUH?
I think you were too conservative...He deserves alot more than that.. I.e. Who the f*uck, When the f*uck and how the f*uck does he come to that conclusion..
Anyway, i think it is a great car, better than any 3-series convertable (and the Audi coupe is better than the BMW coupe for that matter). My personal choice would be the S4 Cab in black with the chrome trim and a set of 19" RS6 "rims" ( VW!!) I MEAN, 19" RS6 WHEELS AND TYRES!!! It is the car i would buy my g/f if i had the money...! (that and a Lambo Gallardo.. )

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:45 PM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
I think you were too conservative...He deserves alot more than that.. I.e. Who the f*uck, When the f*uck and how the f*uck does he come to that conclusion..
Anyway, i think it is a great car, better than any 3-series convertable (and the Audi coupe is better than the BMW coupe for that matter). My personal choice would be the S4 Cab in black with the chrome trim and a set of 19" RS6 "rims" ( VW!!) I MEAN, 19" RS6 WHEELS AND TYRES!!! It is the car i would buy my g/f if i had the money...! (that and a Lambo Gallardo.. )
I'm not too sure if I'd choose the Audi over a 3-Series cabrio, dont get me wrong..I love the Audi as I stated earlier, I just prefer the RWD and overall looks of the beemer

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 04-17-2004, 11:59 PM   #9
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
I'm not too sure if I'd choose the Audi over a 3-Series cabrio, dont get me wrong..I love the Audi as I stated earlier, I just prefer the RWD and overall looks of the beemer
I find that the 3 series is too common and endorsed by TWATS that can't drive properly.. Nothing personal but i just don't like the croud that own them.. The 3 series cov is a bit too much of a posers car for me, i prefer the more subtle looks of the Audi..

R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
Old 04-18-2004, 12:16 AM   #10
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
I find that the 3 series is too common and endorsed by TWATS that can't drive properly.. Nothing personal but i just don't like the croud that own them.. The 3 series cov is a bit too much of a posers car for me, i prefer the more subtle looks of the Audi..
LOL...I was going to mention the fact that it is, in some cases, a poser/drug dealers car, but as I said...it's the RWD that does it for me..oh, and the way the manual version slides into reverse...a work of art

yes yes, I know I have an obsession with BMW's manual transmission..but I just love it

Old 04-18-2004, 12:34 AM   #11
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
LOL...I was going to mention the fact that it is, in some cases, a poser/drug dealers car, but as I said...it's the RWD that does it for me..oh, and the way the manual version slides into reverse...a work of art

yes yes, I know I have an obsession with BMW's manual transmission..but I just love it
Funny really because the quattro system in the audi is the world rally domanating system that defeated all that dared to challange it.. Cross that with the very detuned V8 and the more easy looks of the Audi and i just some how prefer it. Only thing is that the M3 is better IMO than the S4, well, untill the suspension is sorted out on the S4...

Old 04-18-2004, 12:38 AM   #12
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Funny really because the quattro system in the audi is the world rally domanating system that defeated all that dared to challange it.. Cross that with the very detuned V8 and the more easy looks of the Audi and i just some how prefer it. Only thing is that the M3 is better IMO than the S4, well, untill the suspension is sorted out on the S4...
I agree, given that the M3 is only a 6cylinder, I think that given a bit of tuning, the Audi will be faster too. Saying that though, arn't BMW supposed to be sticking a V8 in the M3?

Oh and slightly off topic here, but the new M5 is gonna have a V10

Old 04-18-2004, 12:47 AM   #13
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
I agree, given that the M3 is only a 6cylinder, I think that given a bit of tuning, the Audi will be faster too. Saying that though, arn't BMW supposed to be sticking a V8 in the M3?

Oh and slightly off topic here, but the new M5 is gonna have a V10
I do believe you to be correct in both cases...! However the M3 will only be a 4.0 V8 Where as the 4.2 V8 from the S4 came out of the RS6 and that has 450 bhp and twin turbos, also note it is the same engine from the new Porsche Caynne, just bored out in the Porsche...! With a simple engine chip these engines will see the more exciting side of 500 bhp with no problem and still retain the reliability of a VW built car...

Old 04-18-2004, 02:21 AM   #14
SuperJew
I like pie.

i'm going to have to take R34's position on this...Chris Bangle has lowered my respect for BMW down to nil, and i'm a huge fan of Audi's new look. i'd go for the Audi in a heartbeat.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:25 PM   #15
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabvio
terrible
ugly
one golf dressed

motor vw and made the vw

What the h*ll? I leave for 2 days and this sh*t comes up? What in the world...you are a dumb*ss...