Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2004, 01:28 AM   #1
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
The Audi Cabriolet

Hey folks!
I just wanted to make this thread because:
1) My family owns a 2003 A4 3.0 Cab
2) The S4 Cab is coming out now!

The A4 Cab is one of the best luxury cabs about there. And the 340 hp., 4.2 Liter, 2004 S4 Cab is just now coming out. This is a great car....your opinion?
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:50 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
I love the A4 cabriolet, I think it combines a luxury feel with great performance, I've driven a few older Audi Cabrio's and even those felt really nice to drive! I say your family made a good choice StiMan...oh and by the way....love the new sig..can we expect a name change too lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:26 AM   #3
GMC8100
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 12
The new Cabriolet: The best (4-seater) convertible ive seen and yes Bently Corniche included (for me: it's not about the $, all about the design).
What color StiMan?

"GMC8100 gone " sws...
GMC8100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:34 PM   #4
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
can we expect a name change too lol
Afraid not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC8100
What color StiMan?
It is a sky blue...I think it is called Aquamarine blue...not too sure tho..
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:15 PM   #5
fabvio
CF Newbie
 
fabvio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Hey folks!
I just wanted to make this thread because:
1) My family owns a 2003 A4 3.0 Cab
2) The S4 Cab is coming out now!

The A4 Cab is one of the best luxury cabs about there. And the 340 hp., 4.2 Liter, 2004 S4 Cab is just now coming out. This is a great car....your opinion?

terrible
ugly
one golf dressed

motor vw and made the vw


fabvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:17 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabvio
terrible
ugly
one golf dressed

motor vw and made the vw


Well guys, I think this one deserves a WTF? and a HUH?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:44 PM   #7
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Well guys, I think this one deserves a WTF? and a HUH?
I think you were too conservative...He deserves alot more than that.. I.e. Who the f*uck, When the f*uck and how the f*uck does he come to that conclusion..
Anyway, i think it is a great car, better than any 3-series convertable (and the Audi coupe is better than the BMW coupe for that matter). My personal choice would be the S4 Cab in black with the chrome trim and a set of 19" RS6 "rims" ( VW!!) I MEAN, 19" RS6 WHEELS AND TYRES!!! It is the car i would buy my g/f if i had the money...! (that and a Lambo Gallardo.. )
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:45 PM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
I think you were too conservative...He deserves alot more than that.. I.e. Who the f*uck, When the f*uck and how the f*uck does he come to that conclusion..
Anyway, i think it is a great car, better than any 3-series convertable (and the Audi coupe is better than the BMW coupe for that matter). My personal choice would be the S4 Cab in black with the chrome trim and a set of 19" RS6 "rims" ( VW!!) I MEAN, 19" RS6 WHEELS AND TYRES!!! It is the car i would buy my g/f if i had the money...! (that and a Lambo Gallardo.. )
I'm not too sure if I'd choose the Audi over a 3-Series cabrio, dont get me wrong..I love the Audi as I stated earlier, I just prefer the RWD and overall looks of the beemer
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 11:59 PM   #9
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I'm not too sure if I'd choose the Audi over a 3-Series cabrio, dont get me wrong..I love the Audi as I stated earlier, I just prefer the RWD and overall looks of the beemer
I find that the 3 series is too common and endorsed by TWATS that can't drive properly.. Nothing personal but i just don't like the croud that own them.. The 3 series cov is a bit too much of a posers car for me, i prefer the more subtle looks of the Audi..
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 12:16 AM   #10
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
I find that the 3 series is too common and endorsed by TWATS that can't drive properly.. Nothing personal but i just don't like the croud that own them.. The 3 series cov is a bit too much of a posers car for me, i prefer the more subtle looks of the Audi..
LOL...I was going to mention the fact that it is, in some cases, a poser/drug dealers car, but as I said...it's the RWD that does it for me..oh, and the way the manual version slides into reverse...a work of art

yes yes, I know I have an obsession with BMW's manual transmission..but I just love it
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 12:34 AM   #11
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
LOL...I was going to mention the fact that it is, in some cases, a poser/drug dealers car, but as I said...it's the RWD that does it for me..oh, and the way the manual version slides into reverse...a work of art

yes yes, I know I have an obsession with BMW's manual transmission..but I just love it
Funny really because the quattro system in the audi is the world rally domanating system that defeated all that dared to challange it.. Cross that with the very detuned V8 and the more easy looks of the Audi and i just some how prefer it. Only thing is that the M3 is better IMO than the S4, well, untill the suspension is sorted out on the S4...
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 12:38 AM   #12
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
Funny really because the quattro system in the audi is the world rally domanating system that defeated all that dared to challange it.. Cross that with the very detuned V8 and the more easy looks of the Audi and i just some how prefer it. Only thing is that the M3 is better IMO than the S4, well, untill the suspension is sorted out on the S4...
I agree, given that the M3 is only a 6cylinder, I think that given a bit of tuning, the Audi will be faster too. Saying that though, arn't BMW supposed to be sticking a V8 in the M3?

Oh and slightly off topic here, but the new M5 is gonna have a V10
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 12:47 AM   #13
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I agree, given that the M3 is only a 6cylinder, I think that given a bit of tuning, the Audi will be faster too. Saying that though, arn't BMW supposed to be sticking a V8 in the M3?

Oh and slightly off topic here, but the new M5 is gonna have a V10
I do believe you to be correct in both cases...! However the M3 will only be a 4.0 V8 Where as the 4.2 V8 from the S4 came out of the RS6 and that has 450 bhp and twin turbos, also note it is the same engine from the new Porsche Caynne, just bored out in the Porsche...! With a simple engine chip these engines will see the more exciting side of 500 bhp with no problem and still retain the reliability of a VW built car...
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 02:21 AM   #14
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
i'm going to have to take R34's position on this...Chris Bangle has lowered my respect for BMW down to nil, and i'm a huge fan of Audi's new look. i'd go for the Audi in a heartbeat.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:25 PM   #15
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabvio
terrible
ugly
one golf dressed

motor vw and made the vw


What the h*ll? I leave for 2 days and this sh*t comes up? What in the world...you are a dumb*ss...
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.