Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #31
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
You should really do some research before you make such general statements like this. I understand you drove a shitty cavavlier that always broke down. But dont make general statements about all chevys when you drove the next step above an aveo and also one of the worse performin chevys.

Ever heard of the LSx series engine toted as some of the best V8s every built. Take the LS7 for one. A 7 Litre V8 that revs to 7K rpms and makes 505hp and 470 ft-lbs of torque. Has a dry sump lubricating system. 6-Bolt Mains. The LS7 heads flow over 360 CFM and have 2.20 intake valves. The C6 Z06, the only car this engine is in, avoids the gas guzzler tax. And a TON of other high tech parts.

Also the S/C 2.0L in the Cobalt is a great engine. they have been puttin down (at the wheels)completely stock more power than they are rated at from the factory. Sure they have a weak link, the head gasket. But most engines do have a weak link. Change out the head gasket and CRANK the boost. They are making some awesome power with this little engine.

I have an old Chevy engine, the LT1. and this thing hasnt given me any problems. I hurt the tranny racing but the engine just keeps on chuggin. It makes great low end torque but doesnt mind revving to 6K.
You should probably do a little more resarch on the Chevrolet engines.

Oh no! Doing research before you make opinions. Oh my gosh, you can't contradict HIS opinion with facts. Thats what he believes so he's entitled to it. Surely you "Mr. My opinion entitles me to believe false information is true" can not disagree with that.

He thinks all Chevy's suck because the one he had broke down and it didn't make any power, so they ALL suck regardless to any relevant proof you have. An apparently his opinion (although based off a few rare occurrences) is very valid.

I find it incredibly odd that you of all people, after bitching that you're entitled to your invalid opinion because you believe it to be true, are telling someone else that they have not done the proper research to have faith within their own opinion. I have one word for you. "Hypocrite"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
I see, well I stand corrected then, everything I had been hearing from Motor Trend and other sources said that 400hp would be the premium, just as well had Enthusiast sited that I wouldn't have questioned it so much. 600HP Saleen camaro, thats nuts. Won't be near as light as the Corvette but I dare say it would overtaked a Z06 easily.

I wouldn't agree that everything he is saying is true. After all GM can at anytime scrap the motor specs and change it to something else, and they have been known to do this. These are also cars that are coming out in 3 years. A lot production can be done between now and 2009, so I wouldn't rule out the 400-450HP premium SS Camaro.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #32
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Well, I'm glad someone likes them. Wait, no I'm not, because then chevy will continue to make them!

Can someone at least agree that the malibu maxx is ugly as shit?


Yes the corvette looks great. The sky looks good, but it needs a special sky badge instead of a saturn badge.

Is the HHR supposed to be "retro" styled?
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #33
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Oh no! Doing research before you make opinions. Oh my gosh, you can't contradict HIS opinion with facts. Thats what he believes so he's entitled to it. Surely you "Mr. My opinion entitles me to believe false information is true" can not disagree with that.

He thinks all Chevy's suck because the one he had broke down and it didn't make any power, so they ALL suck regardless to any relevant proof you have. An apparently his opinion (although based off a few rare occurrences) is very valid.

I find it incredibly odd that you of all people, after bitching that you're entitled to your invalid opinion because you believe it to be true, are telling someone else that they have not done the proper research to have faith within their own opinion. I have one word for you. "Hypocrite"
Your right. He said he didn't like them, thats his opinion and he is entitled to it. About them breaking is mostly what got me started because saying all chevys break is the equivalent of saying all Hondas are slow, which is just stupid.

And also I dont remember when I referred to something as sucking I merely stated what I would prefer but never discrediting the other. For example.
I said "I hate OBDII" and gave my reasons why but never discrediting its superiority, not "OBDII sucks"

I said "I would rather it be RWD" not "AWD sucks" which would have been a retarded statement.
These are soley preferences

HE said "their engines suck", not Id rather have a mopar or HEMI motor in there.
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:37 AM   #34
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
the malibu looks absolutly discusting. as for the sky, theyre actually prety nice. i also like the solstice (which is the same car). i actually sold my mother one. then we realized how impractical they actually are... not a dail driver car by any means...
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:01 AM   #35
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Your right. He said he didn't like them, thats his opinion and he is entitled to it. About them breaking is mostly what got me started because saying all chevys break is the equivalent of saying all Hondas are slow, which is just stupid.

And also I dont remember when I referred to something as sucking I merely stated what I would prefer but never discrediting the other. For example.
I said "I hate OBDII" and gave my reasons why but never discrediting its superiority, not "OBDII sucks"

I said "I would rather it be RWD" not "AWD sucks" which would have been a retarded statement.
These are soley preferences

HE said "their engines suck", not Id rather have a mopar or HEMI motor in there.

Yeah almost as stupid as say. "I think my Evo Rally Car should be RWD" because I'm an uninformed person who thinks RWD is the end all of car drivetrains.
OR

Almost as stupid as saying "I hate OBDII becuase I can't tune it"

There is no difference. And you're still trying to find ways to weasel out of the fact that you've made some pretty invalid opinions. Don't contort words, or try and attempt to use wordplay. He said Chevy's suck, so by your standards his opinion is correct and does not need your information to render it in any shape or form.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #36
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Yeah almost as stupid as say. "I think my Evo Rally Car should be RWD" because I'm an uninformed person who thinks RWD is the end all of car drivetrains.
OR

Almost as stupid as saying "I hate OBDII becuase I can't tune it"

There is no difference. And you're still trying to find ways to weasel out of the fact that you've made some pretty invalid opinions. Don't contort words, or try and attempt to use wordplay. He said Chevy's suck, so by your standards his opinion is correct and does not need your information to render it in any shape or form.
Haha Your funny. You say Im the one contorting worlds but you clearly your quotes are the words that clearly been contorted.
You say I said I thought my EVO rally car should be RWD. haha If you actually go back and read what I wrote you would see I actually said I wouldnt be rallying the car and I rarely have to drive in foul weather so I deemed the AWD extra in my case. I know that if your rallying a AWD car is your best friend.

I said I hated OBDII because when I am tuning it im always worried my computer is going to freeze, fry my PCM and then put my Daily Driver down until I can get another PCM. Good try though
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:34 PM   #37
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Can someone at least agree that the malibu maxx is ugly as shit?

it's a 5 door hatchback, and very practical. Practical cars are often not swoopy style leaders, and they don't have to be.


Quote:
Is the HHR supposed to be "retro" styled?

Yes. It was designed by Brian Nesbitt under Bob Lutz at GM. Same team that brought us the PT Cruiser while at Chrysler, except that instead of being patterned after a generic '30s Ford, the HHR is patterned after the '50 chevy Suburban. Like the PT, it's a great use of space inside, comfortable to be in, and yet economical. I almost replaced my PT with one late last year, but got the Range Rover instead.


I actually miss that PT. Great general purpose car.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:44 PM   #38
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
it's a 5 door hatchback, and very practical. Practical cars are often not swoopy style leaders, and they don't have to be.

5 door hatchbacks are not all style leaders, but they're not all "ugly as shit", either. escorts, chevettes, they had 5 doors. not pretty, but not ugly like the maxx... it's too bad the maxx isn't at least "aesthetically neutral"
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:58 PM   #39
smallangryneon
Banned
 
smallangryneon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
You should really do some research before you make such general statements like this. I understand you drove a shitty cavavlier that always broke down. But dont make general statements about all chevys when you drove the next step above an aveo and also one of the worse performin chevys.

Ever heard of the LSx series engine toted as some of the best V8s every built. Take the LS7 for one. A 7 Litre V8 that revs to 7K rpms and makes 505hp and 470 ft-lbs of torque. Has a dry sump lubricating system. 6-Bolt Mains. The LS7 heads flow over 360 CFM and have 2.20 intake valves. The C6 Z06, the only car this engine is in, avoids the gas guzzler tax. And a TON of other high tech parts.

Also the S/C 2.0L in the Cobalt is a great engine. they have been puttin down (at the wheels)completely stock more power than they are rated at from the factory. Sure they have a weak link, the head gasket. But most engines do have a weak link. Change out the head gasket and CRANK the boost. They are making some awesome power with this little engine.

I have an old Chevy engine, the LT1. and this thing hasnt given me any problems. I hurt the tranny racing but the engine just keeps on chuggin. It makes great low end torque but doesnt mind revving to 6K.
You should probably do a little more resarch on the Chevrolet engines.
I'm sorry. I don't like Chevy's. The only Chevy I ever liked is my W/T, which does break down more than my Neon, but I still like it. It's got character.
Now if only you could take a W/T and make it run like a Dodge ...
smallangryneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 03:29 AM   #40
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
it's a 5 door hatchback, and very practical. Practical cars are often not swoopy style leaders, and they don't have to be.

Ok I know that, but this one in particular is ugly, even amongst other 5 doors.

Especially that part of the ass that sticks out, like it's half way between a hatchback and a sedan..
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:23 AM   #41
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Especially that part of the ass that sticks out, like it's half way between a hatchback and a sedan..

I believe that would be the point...
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #42
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Ok I know that, but this one in particular is ugly, even amongst other 5 doors.

Especially that part of the ass that sticks out, like it's half way between a hatchback and a sedan..

I like that part. I like the boxy styling of everything but the grille, but I'd probably want to customize it anyhow.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:54 PM   #43
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
I believe that would be the point...

The point? No. There is no point. It's ugly as **** and serves no purpose.


And chrisv the grille is the main thing that caused me to criticize chevy styling...!
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #44
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
The point? No. There is no point. It's ugly as **** and serves no purpose.


And chrisv the grille is the main thing that caused me to criticize chevy styling...!
Me thinks somebody has been adopting a slightly arrogant attitude lately....Just an observation...
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:28 AM   #45
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Me thinks somebody has been adopting a slightly arrogant attitude lately....Just an observation...

Sorry. Just I am conditioned to react defensively to certain people on these forums.
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.