Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 08:29 AM   #1
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Aston Martin

May become Aussie owned soon. Deal worth over $1bn with Ford.
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
May become Aussie owned soon. Deal worth over $1bn with Ford.
will that mean anything? like, more powerful engines or more cars???
its like Jaguar might be owned by JCB but i think the deal has gone down the plughole!
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:03 AM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
will that mean anything? like, more powerful engines or more cars???
its like Jaguar might be owned by JCB but i think the deal has gone down the plughole!
Shouldn't chage much I guess, given that Ford UK is already (part?) owner of them. I suppose it means that the company is changing to more of an Aussie company....maybe we'll have parts of Falcon switchgear this time round, instead of old Mondeo switchgear, lol. Also, I would bet that the engine range will stay the same.....in the V12's it'll be two Ford V6's bolted together, lol.
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:18 AM   #4
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Shouldn't chage much I guess, given that Ford UK is already (part?) owner of them. I suppose it means that the company is changing to more of an Aussie company....maybe we'll have parts of Falcon switchgear this time round, instead of old Mondeo switchgear, lol. Also, I would bet that the engine range will stay the same.....in the V12's it'll be two Ford V6's bolted together, lol.
and next year in the Aussie V8 series, A.M join the Holdens and Fords! (i wish )
so what car brand is England left with?
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:49 AM   #5
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
If aston built a limited production uber duber super car like the carrera GT, Enzo Ferrari or Ford GT, I'm sure it could be pretty darn profitable for whoever owns it.
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
so what car brand is England left with?
None, lol...there's probably a small Brit car maker somewhere...but even then it would more than likely use Ford parts or something, like Noble. Arguably Ford UK is a Brit car company....so is Vauxhall, but niether are proper British companies, as Ford is American and Opel is German I believe
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #7
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
How about javan!!!!


It uses a honda k20 engine, though


Oh how about TVR?

I am buying a TVR sagaris some day

How much does it cost? Their website doesn't say.
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.

Last edited by Bronxie : 01-10-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:57 PM   #8
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
How about javan!!!!


It uses a honda k20 engine, though


Oh how about TVR?

I am buying a TVR sagaris some day

How much does it cost? Their website doesn't say.
TVR became Russian...They've even moved to Russia lol.

So if I was to come to England and start a car company, I could advertise it as "The Best British Car" lol.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:26 PM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I could advertise it as "The Best British Car" lol.
You could do....but nobody would believe you, lol....
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #10
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
You could do....but nobody would believe you, lol....
But it would have to be true lol...And if Britain doesn't want me, I could make the best Somalian car instead .
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:01 PM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
But it would have to be true lol...And if Britain doesn't want me, I could make the best Somalian car instead .
But the argument on our part would be that it couldn't possibly be a British car, because you're Canadian, and thus own a Canadian company.....maybe
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:23 PM   #12
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
But the argument on our part would be that it couldn't possibly be a British car, because you're Canadian, and thus own a Canadian company.....maybe
Cliffy, can you keep secret? Keep this between the two of us and there's a "Burning Leopard (Chris Knows Edition)" in it for you ....I'm still working on a name
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:04 AM   #13
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
....I could make the best Somalian car instead .
and get it shot to sh1t because of the rescent air raids by the americans
Chris_Knows nothing about TVR then!, they've moved to italy!
Lotus arnt english because theyre now Malaysian (Proton)
the only british car companies are tin shed people with a workforce of around 2 and only make road going track cars like the Radical R1 and the
Palmer Jaguar, there is someone who makes a replica of the 1955 Vanwall F1 car with a 6 litre Jag V12 out of the Jag XJ, there is noble as you say cliffy!
Prodrive,,,they made that concept P1!
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:11 AM   #14
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Chris_Knows that he was right kinda

My car would be assembled there...Then imported all across the world lol.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:35 PM   #15
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Chris_Knows that he was right kinda

My car would be assembled there...Then imported all across the world lol.
it has to have a 2wd/4wd selective switch, all that snow and icy roads in rusky land can be hazardous!
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.