Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2007, 12:48 AM   #1
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

My school sucks, and I don't even go to it anymore

Are you ****ing kidding me. Allow me to list off what it is that's being done at my old high school this year, on it's ever-faster course to hell.

1. Check out this link to a newspaper article regarding my school:
http://archives.seattletimes.nwsourc...ne wport+high

2. The cheerleading team has implemented an affirmitave action type program, where all entrants must be accepted to the team. This is due to complaints from parents about how only the popular, skinny, attractive girls make the team. Oh, and the same thing's being debated currently about the Prom/Homecoming royalty. More than likely the royalty and their court will be abolished.

3. The 'most likely' part of the yearbook is gone.

4. The football team has turned 'no-cut'

5. Last year, 30-40% of our senior prom was underclassmen. This year, it will definitely be more. I'm willing to bet it'll be around 50% in the next couple years

6. The vending machines no longer serve anything with more than 100 calories. This is a district wide change, too. Due to this new bill, the school store has been shut down, cutting off funds for the business classes.

7. A kid at the school has died every year for the last six years.

-------------

There's only one good thing that's helping to brighten the future. There's an alumni out there, who wishes to remain anonymous, who is incredibly rich. He/she regularly donates extreme amounts of money to the school. Due to his/her anonymity, nobody, even the district board, can meet or know him/her.

Naturally, a man/woman in his/her position has a lot of power over the school. The word on the streets is that he's gone stringent with his checkbook, until certain 'changes' have been reversed.

---------

So, seeing as how we're mostly young ones on this forum, what hath thou say about your school/ past schools?
Old 01-16-2007, 01:02 AM   #2
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Well, my school didn't change that much over the four years I went, just added in a couple cameras for incident review(we had some issues with fighting and theft), so it was pretty good. They still haven't changed much, but then again, it was already a simplistic straight design, only two main hallways, all the classrooms branch off the smaller side hallway, so it's not hard for the teachers to spot problems.

That never solved the drug problem though....drug usage increased by about tenfold over the four years. I can't even name on one hand people in my graduating class who DIDN'T try some drug in the four years, and that was about 230 people.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:25 AM   #3
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

Good luck with having to look at a 200lb girl in a TIGHT SHORT SKIRT! When I was a cheerleader for my school our team was choosen by TALENT.. I'm sorry but "bigger" girls can't do cheers as well as "smaller" girls.

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
SyntheticTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:28 AM   #4
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticTrust
Good luck with having to look at a 200lb girl in a TIGHT SHORT SKIRT! When I was a cheerleader for my school our team was choosen by TALENT.. I'm sorry but "bigger" girls can't do cheers as well as "smaller" girls.

That's an narrow view. Maybe those "bigger" girls can do a cheer just as well, it's the flipping and shit that gets them. They certainly could have hacked it in our school lmao, we never had cheerleaders who do those flips and shit, just jumped around like idiots cheering. ****ing catholic school.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:30 AM   #5
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

It may be a "narrow view" but most people want to look at cute little girls in those uniforms.. not big girls. It's reality.

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
SyntheticTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:36 AM   #6
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
It may be a "narrow view" but most people want to look at cute little girls in those uniforms.. not big girls. It's reality.

Well thanks for pointing out the obvious.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:36 AM   #7
True_Brit
Has a new job!

my school wasnt too bad actually, 1 of 3 in my town i lived in (i went to 2 secondary schools, 1 bad, 1 good) and the only thing wrong was the "rival" school, would wait out side the gates and get ready for us!!!
(but because we wore shirts and ties, some people would be rushed to a+e with serious 'tie' related injuries) but they replaced the vend machine with healthy snacks like packs of dried fruit and veg, rice crackers, fruit juices and smoothies etc etc, the canteen got rid of chips (fries) and pies etc and bought in curry, salad and fruit salads etc, most people left the school ground and went to the nearest Subway to get a delicous Sub (i for one did that alot!)
my other school was a complete different story! 2 people died in one year! (one was thrown out of the 3 floor window, another was set on fire with ethanol in the chemistry class (oh the chemistry class, what fun!)

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.

Last edited by True_Brit : 01-16-2007 at 01:38 AM.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:37 AM   #8
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
I don't think it's a narrow view. Anyone don't believe me? Close your eyes and picture a cheerleader. What comes to mind? A 300 lbs fat chick who barely fits in her uniform or a skinny ditsy gorgeous girl who's all about school spirit, fundraisers, and dating the football quarterback? Which would you rather have cheering?
Old 01-16-2007, 01:40 AM   #9
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
....... Which would you rather have cheering?
i wont mention! (joke )well, the fat one didnt appear in my thought!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:59 AM   #10
Wally
I Know More Than You

As an observer from another country, I only see the US through expurgated televison shows, movies, news programs and the internet forums.

Thank goodness people like you give us outsiders a different slant on things. Your generation is going to have some pretty heavy duty decisions to make in the future, trying to balance the failure of multiculturalism with individual rights. At the moment it appears the majority are being fortressed by the minority who strike fear with impunity. I mean diluting your freedoms in favour of not offending people who would pull the rug from under you in a heartbeat doesn't seem right, does it?
Old 01-16-2007, 02:09 AM   #11
My Life, My Era
Banned

I have no idea what has updated at my school besides the football program...which isn't better, but due to MTV, the program gets more recognition. I would have been nice to start in a nationally televised highschool football game.
My Life, My Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:13 AM   #12
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Thank goodness people like you give us outsiders a different slant on things. Your generation is going to have some pretty heavy duty decisions to make in the future, trying to balance the failure of multiculturalism with individual rights. At the moment it appears the majority are being fortressed by the minority who strike fear with impunity. I mean diluting your freedoms in favour of not offending people who would pull the rug from under you in a heartbeat doesn't seem right, does it?
You see it and don't even live here. When I graduated in 05 things were going downhill. The state banned dodgeball and all other games where the object was to hit somebody with a ball. They took all of the vending machines out a few years before I graduated, yet still sold 10 different kinds of ice cream bars in the cafeteria. Without going into detail our last principal was a total pussy/tool who went crazy about anything that could be construed as harrassment. Luckily all our teams still cut people, and our cheerleaders were hot.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:16 AM   #13
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
As an observer from another country, I only see the US through expurgated televison shows, movies, news programs and the internet forums.

We face the same issue in Canada, the minority groups seem to have more power then the majority here, because they always pull the race card, and bitch. It's a rather annoying trend, and I would like to see it stop. I have no qualms about them celebrating their own religions or traditions, but please defer to the majority. I mean, learn our languages, and tolerate our religions. We don't recognize chinese, or arabic, or any other languages as an official language. Speak them at home, or at appropriate places, but don't expect us to learn it as well. As for religion, Canada was founded on Catholicism, and we celebrate Christmas, and it is a nationally recognized holiday. However, it's no longer politically correct to say "Merry Christmas" to someone, because the minority groups who don't celebrate Christmas got offended. And that's just one example out of many.

It's sad and wrong that they(the minority) have control over what we(the majority) do.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:18 AM   #14
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
precisely ...so i can only assume you were being facetious when talking about the ability to "cheer"
Old 01-16-2007, 02:43 AM   #15
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
We face the same issue in Canada, the minority groups seem to have more power then the majority here, because they always pull the race card, and bitch. It's a rather annoying trend, and I would like to see it stop. I have no qualms about them celebrating their own religions or traditions, but please defer to the majority. I mean, learn our languages, and tolerate our religions. We don't recognize chinese, or arabic, or any other languages as an official language. Speak them at home, or at appropriate places, but don't expect us to learn it as well. As for religion, Canada was founded on Catholicism, and we celebrate Christmas, and it is a nationally recognized holiday. However, it's no longer politically correct to say "Merry Christmas" to someone, because the minority groups who don't celebrate Christmas got offended. And that's just one example out of many.

It's sad and wrong that they(the minority) have control over what we(the majority) do.

Well if you want to stop the process you guys are going to have to fight for it. Which means setting up a power block of voters and protestors who are more interested in the national interest than that of misfits. It's no coincidence that nations built on christian values, english rule of law and enterprise are the wealthiest. Nothing is going to happen if everyone sits on their arse waiting for the second coming of Christ to put things back in perspective.