Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2007, 03:19 AM   #1
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
Why People Believe Americans Are Stupid




http://www.shoutfile.com/v/gSfSsCpR
__________________

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:31 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
I'll watch it later tonight, but I've got a question about the show...You're Australian, when does The Chaser's War coming back? lol.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:20 AM   #3
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I'll watch it later tonight, but I've got a question about the show...You're Australian, when does The Chaser's War coming back? lol.

I dont think it will lol, cause of the incident they had haha.
__________________

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:21 AM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
I dont think it will lol, cause of the incident they had haha.
Huh?
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:23 AM   #5
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
I dont think it will lol, cause of the incident they had haha.

oh wait i just read into it, they are bringing series 2 this year, yay
__________________

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:44 AM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Lol Scared me for a second.



Just saw it and some of those answers were just outrageous lol. For the record, we're not all like that.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:43 AM   #7
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper
 
BanffAutoSpa_ap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
Posts: 1,510
your not from america bonehead how do you know? im sure there not 330 million poeple and sure your gunna have alot of stupid a$$ Holes just like canada, ive met many of them
__________________
Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
BanffAutoSpa_ap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #8
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Proabably a better link for speed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCkYfYa8ePI

and who could forget the Trojan Horse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChBKqcRpmDs
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #9
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
your not from america bonehead how do you know? im sure there not 330 million poeple and sure your gunna have alot of stupid a$$ Holes just like canada, ive met many of them
I live like 5 minutes from there though, I see the "American" pretty much on a daily basis
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:38 AM   #10
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
For some reason we're always in the spot light and people like to notice what's 'wrong' with our country.
__________________


Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:12 AM   #11
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Unfortunately that's the downside of being a citizen of a country that is run by people who insist on trying to run other countries do too.

The geography thing was raised by the National Geographic some time ago and has been trying to get your Govt to educate the masses that there is life outside the US.
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:36 AM   #12
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Unfortunately that's the downside of being a citizen of a country that is run by people who insist on trying to run other countries do too.

The geography thing was raised by the National Geographic some time ago and has been trying to get your Govt to educate the masses that there is life outside the US.
Sorry Wally, you're wrong on this one. Due mostly to the fact that I spent about half of my life in the military, I can honestly say that I'm better traveled than most and have met and gotten to talk to people from all over the world. Everywhere you go there are clueless people. EVERYWHERE. Not only that, but anyone who looks at that vid and has a shred of intellectual honesty knows that it was edited specifically to show the stupidest people. Face it. If everyone or even the majority of people asked those questions gave the right answer, the vid would be as boring as watching paint dry.

That being said, there ARE just as many stupid, disengaged people here as there is anywhere else, and it's a shame. It seems more Americans are interested in Brittney Spears underwear (or lack thereof) or getting the latest video game than there are who follow current events.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:29 AM   #13
My Life, My Era
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 83
GreekWarrior, since your pm box is full, I'll respond to you here.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
Whats that from? did you make that up yourself?
Yes, those were my words. I wrote them for you because I love you.
My Life, My Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:03 AM   #14
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Sorry Wally, you're wrong on this one. Due mostly to the fact that I spent about half of my life in the military, I can honestly say that I'm better traveled than most and have met and gotten to talk to people from all over the world. Everywhere you go there are clueless people. EVERYWHERE. Not only that, but anyone who looks at that vid and has a shred of intellectual honesty knows that it was edited specifically to show the stupidest people. Face it. If everyone or even the majority of people asked those questions gave the right answer, the vid would be as boring as watching paint dry.

That being said, there ARE just as many stupid, disengaged people here as there is anywhere else, and it's a shame. It seems more Americans are interested in Brittney Spears underwear (or lack thereof) or getting the latest video game than there are who follow current events.

I was referring to the spotlight, not the fact there are embeciles everywhere. Can you imagine how the French feel?
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:26 AM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I was referring to the spotlight, not the fact there are embeciles everywhere. Can you imagine how the French feel?
I tried to ask one once while visiting Metz, but he just waived a white flag and ran away.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.