Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2004, 05:55 PM   #1
importfan0103
CF Newbie

what to buy??

over this up coming summer i plan on selling my car and purchasing a new one, what kind I do not know? I am not relatively an RSK fan, I believe that honda made the wrong decision when they stopped making the integra and went to the rsk.. it is just to chubby of a car.. I do however like the integra,mx-6,240sx,civic-si. one reason i think these cars are good looking and can be modified to an almost ulimited extent, and second they are in my price range... I am thinking that i want to buy a integra gsr... the type-r is to expensive, but at the same time i want to be in competion w the rsk ...do any of you know what would be a good competitive car with the rsk. I am looking for a fast, sleek(foreign), easily modified car. I know the type-r(integra) run 0-60 in 6.2 sec. which is slightly faster than the type-s rsk(0-60 in 6.5 sec), but what about the gsr,mx-6, and 240sx???
importfan0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:09 PM   #2
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

ok, first of all, its RSX, not RSK... and the "RSX" is the new intrgra... in japan you will notice honda integra...actually here... see for your self
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/integra_r/ compare body styles... "RSX" = integra... just as TSX = accord, accord = inspire (there some learning for you... check out the site to learn what they are... sure its in japanese but you can see pictures... also, just so you know... acura is ONLY in america... it is nowhere else. acura is a more luxery/sport division of honda in america
as for the and type S is the new american version of type R

now, as for the 240, great drift car, theyre are fast, but basically, if you can drop an sr20det in one its much better

mx6 if you get the v6 version its better

and the GS-R is a little weaker than the type R and a little slower
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:40 PM   #3
importfan0103
CF Newbie

thanks a little

yeah yeah it was along night knew the name was rsx not rsk don't know what was with me but i knew all of that about acura its just a luxury corporation of honda yeah great but i want to know what car is better i flat out don't like the "rsx" and the type r like i quoted before is in competion with the rsx but to expensive for my price range... what i wanted to do is buy a gsr for around 8g's and drop something like 6g's in engine/performance than work from there ******ds.. I was reading that the if I was to purchase a turbonetics turbo pumping out 8 psi i could attain 260 horse in the gsr, and 240 in the 240sx, have no idea about the mx-6 only it looks great with a body kit and a3-piece spoiler....my situation is as followed coming stock the gsr,mx-6, and 240sx are not equivalent to the rsx but which one is easiest and cheapest to upgrade to fast highend car.. I want to be pushing out around 300-350hp?? please help me out here and mazda6man what is the sr20det engine how much price/horse?
Old 04-18-2004, 07:49 PM   #4
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

the sr20det motor is the nissan silvia (american 240sx) rps13, ps13, ps14, and ps15 motor.
its a turbo L4 DOHC motor... if you can your hands on a newer one its got nissans variable valve timing system look on ebay to get pricing ideas... like, heres a few

S13
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=46098
S14 with nissan version of vtec
S15 with nissan version of vtec

Old 04-18-2004, 07:54 PM   #5
importfan0103
CF Newbie

ok its a start

MAZDAMAN6 how much horse power though and i was looking at the pictures so those are just different engines offered in the silvia so they would definetly fit the 240sx because its the same thing but can you just buy a new engine or is it just cheaper to buy it online through ebay and what do you believe is easier to modify(GSR,240SX,MX-6)
Old 04-18-2004, 07:59 PM   #6
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

first of all, those are actually the motors you can buy

as for HP/TQ

S15 SR20DET
2.0L DOHC VVT
Turbo Type: T-28, 60 trim 60 mm BCI-1 compressor in T-04B housing
Injector Size: 480cc
Power (hp): 250 @ 6400 rpm
Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
Top Speed: 180 Km / Hr ( with speed limiter installed )
Stock Boost: 8 psi

S14 SR20DET
2.0L DOHC Turbo
Turbo Type: T28
Compressor A/R: 0.64
Injector Size: 380cc
Power (hp): 220 @ 6000 rpm
Torque (ft/lbs): 203 @ 4000 rpm
Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
Top Speed: 112 mph ( with speed limiter installed )
Stock Boost: 8 psi

S13 SR20DET RedTop
2.0L DOHC Turbo
Turbo Type: T25G
Compressor A/R: 0.80
Injector Size: 370cc
Performance: SR20DET:
Power (ps): 205@ 6000 rpm
Torque (kgm): 28.0@ 4000 rpm
Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
Top Speed:180 Kmh -112 mph
( with speed limiter installed )
Stock Boost: 7 psi
copied from www.XATracing.com

Old 04-18-2004, 08:00 PM   #7
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

^not advertising... mor of a bibliography/sources kinda deal

Old 04-18-2004, 08:06 PM   #8
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

and just noticing the last part of youre question... its all base off of experiance... id say hondees because ive worked on quite a few of them in my day (its still "my day" mind you haha)

Old 04-18-2004, 08:14 PM   #9
importfan0103
CF Newbie

ok now your getting there

yeah from all my searching and looking up i have done there is quite abit of mods for hondas but the only thing that contrast with it is everyone has a integra and i want my car to be unique like look at this site this is an awsome pic of an MX-6 but they are not that fast...http://www.andysautosport.com/mazda/...otherkits.html
Old 04-18-2004, 08:20 PM   #10
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

if you do want to go with a hondee, there is one this to know if youre going to do stuff to it... its nearly impossible to have a different hondee... nomatter what you do to the car, il assure you that atleast 5 other people have done the exact same thing... with 240s, though its coming along slowly, they are turning into a kind of "nissan civic" if you will...they are getting peopular, but not many people actually pull through with the real deal good stuff. and as for the mx6... i dont know to much about them

Old 04-19-2004, 06:22 PM   #11
e.1999-BTNH
Banned

to: mazda6man

fyi. i went to a local mazda dealership and test drove a mazda6... i felt like tha mazda 6 lacks power for a mid size car... i notice that while entering a freeway my rpm sky rockets to nearly 7 wen i am gaining speed past 60.. i love everything about the mazda 6.. the style the looks.. its sooooooooooo roomy, everything in side looks so high tech.. and it was my first choice on what car to get.. but now im thinking of the 04 lancer ralliart.. can u tell me something about the mazda6? u own one, do u feel it lacks power?
e.1999-BTNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:42 AM   #12
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

in my opinion... dont get the ralliart lancer, it, in my opinion looks nothing like a lancer... looks more like a sentra. the motors not that bad though. anyways, with the 6, yeh, i got one... an auto though but egh, what are you gunna do (we got it before it came out in a stick) the v6 is nice, its got a vtec like thing, and since its a fairily large and heavier sedan, its not going to be quite as fast as one would hope (though a lot faster than my 86) i dont know for sure, but after we got the mazda the dealer then told us that supposedly there will be a MAZDASPEED 6, (great timing eh?) but even if not, i still thought it was a good buy...

Old 04-20-2004, 03:48 PM   #13
e.1999-BTNH
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
in my opinion... dont get the ralliart lancer, it, in my opinion looks nothing like a lancer... looks more like a sentra. the motors not that bad though. anyways, with the 6, yeh, i got one... an auto though but egh, what are you gunna do (we got it before it came out in a stick) the v6 is nice, its got a vtec like thing, and since its a fairily large and heavier sedan, its not going to be quite as fast as one would hope (though a lot faster than my 86) i dont know for sure, but after we got the mazda the dealer then told us that supposedly there will be a MAZDASPEED 6, (great timing eh?) but even if not, i still thought it was a good buy...

i think the new 04 lancer ralliart looks better than the old lancers.. thats tha reason y im planning to get it.. big change compared to last year models.. the old models, the back look so square.. now its looks better. the motor is stronger than the mazda 6 sedan and im pretty sure its much much lighter.
~convince me on gettin a mazda 6, and not a lancer =)
Old 04-21-2004, 02:10 AM   #14
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

its all up to you about what you want... its all opinion. if you were to get a lancer, id say just get an evo... its a true lancer (in my opinion)... but yeah, get what you want

Old 04-21-2004, 02:47 AM   #15
e.1999-BTNH
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
its all up to you about what you want... its all opinion. if you were to get a lancer, id say just get an evo... its a true lancer (in my opinion)... but yeah, get what you want

the evo is out of my price range.. nearly 28k. now the lancer ralliart is 18g jus like the mazda6