Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2007, 02:42 AM   #1
jollyroger
Banned

83 BMW 533i

I have one sitting in my driveway...my dad wants to sell it though, but I don't want to
jollyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:47 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

...Umm...Why are you telling us this?
Old 01-27-2007, 02:51 AM   #3
jollyroger
Banned

well...

I forgot to ask if anyone knows anything about this car stupid me forgetting and all
Old 01-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyroger
I forgot to ask if anyone knows anything about this car stupid me forgetting and all
your dad owns it,,,ask him!
to start off, its a nasty colour if its the one in your sig?

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #5
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:

What do you need to know?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #6
My Life, My Era
Banned

Quote:
I have one sitting in my driveway...my dad wants to sell it though, but I don't want to
Don't worry, no one will buy that piece of sh*t BEATER.
My Life, My Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:49 AM   #7
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Life, My Era
thats all i can think of!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:09 AM   #8
jollyroger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Life, My Era

I would TRY to care what you say...but I didn't think dicks were able to talk

Last edited by Cliffy : 02-04-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:27 AM   #9
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
I would TRY to care what you say...but I didn't think dicks were able to talk
He isn't really being a dick though, those cars sell for about $2,000...

chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:40 AM   #10
jollyroger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
He isn't really being a dick though, those cars sell for about $2,000...

price doesn't matter dude... have you people ever even been in one of these cars? these things can destroy at least 85% of these damn jap cars you see...and they can beat any american car...sure, not on a starightaway but if they race on a track with alot of turns, fords,chevys,toyotas,nissans,mitsubushis,,and subarus won't even come close...ahh **** it damn ricers have to be in one or get beat by one to understand...why do you thing jap cars are around $25,000 new and BMW's are around $50,000 new? yeah what now lol

Old 02-04-2007, 02:28 AM   #11
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Price doesn't matter dude... have you people ever even been in one of these cars? These things can destroy at least 85% of these damn Japanese cars you see...And they can beat any American car...Sure, not on a straightaway but if they race on a track with a lot of turns, Fords, Chevrolets, Toyotas, Nissans, Mitsubishis and Subarus won't even come close...Ahh **** it damn ricers have to be in one or get beat by one to understand...Why do you think Japanese cars are around $25,000 new and BMW's are around $50,000 new? Yeah what now lol
Fixed (grammatically).

85% of the Japanese cars we see? The most common Japanese cars include the Camry, Civic, Accord, etc. Some (Not all) would be able to beat that car on a track. The BMW had about 180hp I believe, most of the $35,000 (Not $50,000) paid for it went towards the interior, which does look nice. From what I understand, the car had weaker low-end acceleration, but did pretty well at higher speeds (Past 50mph). I believe you that it would handle better (BMW's generally have good weight distribution).

However, for arguments sake, if you were to put it against a mid to early 1980s Ford Mustang GT, which would cost about the same, the race would be pretty close (Not sure which would win). The Mustang was also a lot cheaper new. I agree that the car was great, but maintenance on it still isn't very cheap and it's somewhat not reliable. The main benefit, that I see, to a 24 year old car is that it is done depreciating. Toyota doesn't make many racing cars, but an old Supra, from 1985 for example, could probably beat the BMW. A Nissan 240SX or Subaru Impreza, again for around the same price, would be pretty close too, with MSRPs much lower than the BMW. I don't think Mitsubishi has any cars that can compete though. There are many cars that can beat it, but it wasn't made for racing, it was made for luxury.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:46 AM   #12
jollyroger
Banned

Quote:
Fixed (grammatically).

85% of the Japanese cars we see? The most common Japanese cars include the Camry, Civic, Accord, etc. Some (Not all) would be able to beat that car on a track. The BMW had about 180hp I believe, most of the $35,000 (Not $50,000) paid for it went towards the interior, which does look nice. From what I understand, the car had weaker low-end acceleration, but did pretty well at higher speeds (Past 50mph). I believe you that it would handle better (BMW's generally have good weight distribution).

However, for arguments sake, if you were to put it against a mid to early 1980s Ford Mustang GT, which would cost about the same, the race would be pretty close (Not sure which would win). The Mustang was also a lot cheaper new. I agree that the car was great, but maintenance on it still isn't very cheap and it's somewhat not reliable. The main benefit, that I see, to a 24 year old car is that it is done depreciating. Toyota doesn't make many racing cars, but an old Supra, from 1985 for example, could probably beat the BMW. A Nissan 240SX or Subaru Impreza, again for around the same price, would be pretty close too, with MSRPs much lower than the BMW. I don't think Mitsubishi has any cars that can compete though. There are many cars that can beat it, but it wasn't made for racing, it was made for luxury.

funny thing is, every ricer we raced on the highway (mostly nissans) and every truck (v-8 rams hemi's) always got smoked...then we got a new radio,and thats when 'the incident' happened when we went to race a honda and an impala.the impala got smoked. the car we were in (the bmw) had so much torque that the radio was sliding out of its slot. our mechanic (theo, R.I.P.) lost the peice for it, so I had to hold the radio in place, and THEN my dad beat thehonda. the car is NOT a peice of shit. funny thing is, its mostly stock. we got a performance differential in it, a K&N air filter,bilstein shocks, and racing dynamics sway bars. it is NOT a peice of sh*t beater

Old 02-04-2007, 03:04 AM   #13
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Funny thing is, every ricer we raced on the highway (mostly Nissans) and every truck (V8 rams Hemis) always got smoked...Then we got a new radio,and thats when 'the incident' happened when we went to race a Honda and an Impala. The Impala got smoked. The car we were in (the BMW) had so much torque that the radio was sliding out of its slot. Our mechanic (Theo, R.I.P.) lost the piece for it, so I had to hold the radio in place, and THEN my dad beat the Honda. The car is NOT a piece of shit. Funny thing is, its mostly stock. We got a performance differential in it, a K&N air filter, Bilstein shocks, and racing dynamics sway bars. it is NOT a piece of sh*t beater.
Your argument might be more persuasive if you used proper spelling and punctuation, and didn't finish your posts with "".

Last edited by Cliffy : 02-04-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:08 AM   #14
jollyroger
Banned

I don't care what you say

Quote:
Your argument might be more persuasive if you used proper spelling and punctuation, and didn't finish your posts with "".

so now you're taking away my rights as an american? i got 3 words for ya' freedon of speech. you can't tell me how to talk(actually u can I don't have to listen though) and I can't tell you. the way I'm seeing things here, you some of you people wouldn't know a good car even if it gave you a swift kick in the ass!!! and because you can't control what I click on with my mouse

Last edited by Cliffy : 02-04-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:33 AM   #15
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
So now you're taking away my rights as an American? I got 3 words for ya' freedom of speech. You can't tell me how to talk (actually you can I don't have to listen though) and I can't tell you. The way I'm seeing things here, you some of you people wouldn't know a good car even if it gave you a swift kick in the ass!!! And because you can't control what I click on with my mouse
What the f*ck are you talking about? Where did I say not to type like that? Point it out. Who the f*ck do you think I am to take away anyone's rights? What I did say is that it would be much better if you typed properly, because people might actually consider reading what you spew. I think you're abusing your right to freedom of speech.
What I'm saying is that when you type like that, you seem imbecilic. There is a difference between freedom of speech and common courtesy. Also, rumour on these forums has it that every "" emoticon you use, your IQ drops 3 points. Just from this thread, you're down to the low 50's.

Last edited by Cliffy : 02-04-2007 at 01:47 PM.