Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2004, 10:22 PM   #1
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Ex-Police vehicles?!?

I was just after your opinions on buying a decomissioned Police car. I would definatelly be interested in doing this sometime in the near future, not just because I'd like scaring people in a plain white Vauxhall Astra or something (believe me it's been done lol) but because buying any ex-government vehicle is obviously one of the safest ways to by a used car, mainly because you know it's history and the fact that it's been maintained meticulously from new, regardless of cost! The onle downside I see in doing this is the fact that most ex-sevice cars have very high milages. Bear in mind I'm talking UK spes here, I'd quite like an ex-Police Astra or Focus..I might even stretch to a Volvo T5 . The only problem now is that most forces in the UK are starting to use silver Police cars due to resale value (white cars are harder to budge and can only be sold cheaply)..

What are your views on this?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:28 PM   #2
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

The cars have been thrashed but as you say they are maintained meticulously and i personally believe that high milage cars with a FSH are a bargain...! Go for it!

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:34 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
The cars have been thrashed but as you say they are maintained meticulously and i personally believe that high milage cars with a FSH are a bargain...! Go for it!
Thanx for the input mate..I might just do that lol. Also, before people start saying how very modded ex-Police cars are...they aint, the T5 might be superchipped, but unfortunatelly they reset the ECU before selling and the 'panda cars' are completelly standard

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 04-18-2004, 10:47 PM   #4
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I wouldnt do it...I dont know about over there, but here a Crown Vic is used as a moving hammer and when a Convict or whoever is trying to run they get smashed by them...over here most Cop Cars have busted bumpers and lousy mufflers and exhaust that puff blue smoke...I wouldnt do it if I were you....

What is a Volvo T5?

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:49 PM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I wouldnt do it...I dont know about over there, but here a Crown Vic is used as a moving hammer and when a Convict or whoever is trying to run they get smashed by them...over here most Cop Cars have busted bumpers and lousy mufflers and exhaust that puff blue smoke...I wouldnt do it if I were you....

What is a Volvo T5?
LOL...It's alot different over here..no offence to your Police Officers in the US, but our coppers tend not to hit things with their cars..and a T5 is Volvo's high(er) performance car

Old 04-18-2004, 10:51 PM   #6
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
LOL...It's alot different over here..no offence to your Police Officers in the US, but our coppers tend not to hit things with their cars..and a T5 is Volvo's high(er) performance car
O (about the T5)....ya... overhere they are Ford battering rams...

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:58 PM   #7
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Thanx for the input mate..I might just do that lol. Also, before people start saying how very modded ex-Police cars are...they aint, the T5 might be superchipped, but unfortunatelly they reset the ECU before selling and the 'panda cars' are completelly standard
There is this boy at collage who had an XR3i and think it is a "cop car" and thinks it will do 140 mph.. Untill i pointed out that i had 135 out of my passat he thought his car was impressive..lol.. Wot a load of bollox.. Anyway, i really do believe that a T5 would be a better buy because they are more costly cars ad so would have been looked after even more and most only have motorway miles on them...

R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
Old 04-18-2004, 10:58 PM   #8
SuperJew
I like pie.

yeah i really liked how the police have actual high-performance cars in London at least. here we just have bloated old-fart cars.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:05 PM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
yeah i really liked how the police have actual high-performance cars in London at least. here we just have bloated old-fart cars.
Yes, the Met (who I'm hopefully gonna join) have what's known as 'area response cars' which are basically Vauxhall Vectras, BMW 5-Series and the occational Impreza , these vehicles take the lead in all persuits through London and are given priority to deal with big incedents..I'd love to know how you can persue a car through central London though lol. And R34etcetc...your mates do talk some crap lol..give him a slap, or let SJ pimp slap him oh yeah, and the T5 sounds the best bet atm to me too...we'll see though

Old 04-18-2004, 11:10 PM   #10
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Yes, the Met (who I'm hopefully gonna join) have what's known as 'area response cars' which are basically Vauxhall Vectras, BMW 5-Series and the occational Impreza , these vehicles take the lead in all persuits through London and are given priority to deal with big incedents..I'd love to know how you can persue a car through central London though lol. And R34etcetc...your mates do talk some crap lol..give him a slap, or let SJ pimp slap him

yeah....ooh you're going to become a Bobby? that would kick ass...one of my friends' inside jokes are "wheres the bobby?" in the british accent. and i know what you mean...there was traffic like crazy in like Trafalgar Square and central London. but i still have to move to london when i can. because i love London.

Old 04-18-2004, 11:11 PM   #11
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
yeah....ooh you're going to become a Bobby? that would kick ass...one of my friends' inside jokes are "wheres the bobby?" in the british accent. and i know what you mean...there was traffic like crazy in like Trafalgar Square and central London. but i still have to move to london when i can. because i love London.
You love it? Your Lol..

Old 04-18-2004, 11:14 PM   #12
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
I'm glad you like it here! I'd love to say the same but I'm with R34etcetc I'm afraid And yes, I am, hopefully gonna be a bobby, it's the career I've now set my heart on lol

Old 04-18-2004, 11:21 PM   #13
SuperJew
I like pie.

well, keep in mind i'm just an American, i've only visited London twice in my life. i'm sure if i lived there i would feel much different about it.

and good luck with becoming a bobby!

Old 04-18-2004, 11:21 PM   #14
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
R34etcetc
Lol..

Old 04-18-2004, 11:25 PM   #15
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
and good luck with becoming a bobby!
Thank you I dont mind London really..otherwise I wouldn't want to Police it lol...I just seem to get lost when ever I go there

A bit off topic now, but a question to R34etcetc, Snoop and whoever else may be British here. Did you see Crime Fighters UK the other day? lol...the estate in which I reside was on it