Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2004, 11:27 PM   #16
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Did you see Crime Fighters UK the other day? lol...the estate in which I reside was on it
No i didn't... So what did you do that made the bobbies come round??

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:31 PM   #17
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
No i didn't... So what did you do that made the bobbies come round??
You know..the usual, numerous traffic violations, Murder, arson, GBH, ABH lol...I dont need to say jk..right? I mean, you know I'm jk?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:38 PM   #18
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
You know..the usual, numerous traffic violations, Murder, arson, GBH, ABH lol...I dont need to say jk..right? I mean, you know I'm jk?
Wooohhhooo..Glad you said it was a joke.. I was about to emigrate.. lol.. So where exactly do you live...? I'm in Biggin Hill (you know the airfield?)..

R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
Old 04-18-2004, 11:42 PM   #19
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
Wooohhhooo..Glad you said it was a joke.. I was about to emigrate.. lol.. So where exactly do you live...? I'm in Biggin Hill (you know the airfield?)..
I know Biggin Hill..I went to one of the air displays there once...very good it was too, anyway, I live in Farnham

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 04-18-2004, 11:43 PM   #20
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Good luck on becoming a cop!

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:46 PM   #21
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Good luck on becoming a cop!
Thank you, I'll keep you all informed of any progress..getting swiftly back on subject...the Diplomatic Protection unit have red 5-Series BMW's....might be a little out of my price range though lol

Old 04-19-2004, 03:27 AM   #22
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaxleyjr
Most police cars here are RWD Ford Crown Victoria P71's. The only significant difference between the P71's and the P74's (the standard LX passenger series) are dual exhausts (good for about 15 hp) a different ECM calibration with higher speeds and different shift points, lube oil coolers, tranny coolers, heavier brakes and suspension. In the states, if the P71 comes from a small department, it may be in good shape when sold or given to another city department. But if from a large urban dept, they are pretty much shot when sold at auction

Many departments are beginning to use the FWD Chevy Impala. I have not heard much about how it is holding up.
Agree with you entirely, but the Dodge Stratus I heard got the new offical bid for cop car...just what I read somewhere...

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:51 AM   #23
GT Wise
CF Newbie

im lost meaning i dont know what u mean.
GT Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:18 AM   #24
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Wise
im lost meaning i dont know what u mean.
What do you mean you're lost? what do you want to know?

Old 04-19-2004, 08:58 AM   #25
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Thank you, I'll keep you all informed of any progress..getting swiftly back on subject...the Diplomatic Protection unit have red 5-Series BMW's....might be a little out of my price range though lol
They have one at Bromley Police Station and it is used as a chase car.. It often goes past my house doing about 90 in a 30 zone chasing another car (unsurprisingly... ) Except these are silver.. Actually most of the ones i hvae seen in London are silver... (Woohoo 600 posts!)

Last edited by R34RB30DETTV : 04-19-2004 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:03 PM   #26
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
yeah i really liked how the police have actual high-performance cars in London at least. here we just have bloated old-fart cars.
That isn't always true. Some state troopers have nicer pursuit vehicles. They use a Camero that has had an engine swap (LT-1 I believe) and chip the cars after that. I used to have a video from this chase in Georgia where they used the car to pursue a BMW M5.
Voda48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 02:05 PM   #27
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Agree with you entirely, but the Dodge Stratus I heard got the new offical bid for cop car...just what I read somewhere...

OMG that is horrible! (IMO) Dodge Stratus??? Do we want our criminals to laugh at our law enforcement when they are arrested??
Voda48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:53 PM   #28
79-Cheyenne
CF Newbie

hey man I didn't bother to read the other threads and replies to this one but i can tell you that they haul man. they have interceptor engines that are specially designed, smog exempt and it's not exactly legal but who cares? but if it has something like 300,000 miles or something like that i'd steer clear.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:34 PM   #29
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79-Cheyenne
hey man I didn't bother to read the other threads and replies to this one but i can tell you that they haul man. they have interceptor engines that are specially designed, smog exempt and it's not exactly legal but who cares? but if it has something like 300,000 miles or something like that i'd steer clear.

Probably only smog exempt while owned and operated by the city/county/state...I don't think they remain smog exempt.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:55 PM   #30
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
That isn't always true. Some state troopers have nicer pursuit vehicles. They use a Camero that has had an engine swap (LT-1 I believe) and chip the cars after that. I used to have a video from this chase in Georgia where they used the car to pursue a BMW M5.

whats a camero?

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote