Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2007, 01:39 AM   #1
yanks fan
CF Newbie

VW GTi

First off, hey everyone, im new to this forum.

I am interested in a VW GTi. My family used to own a '98 VW Bug and the thing had electrical problems out the ying yang. So we sold it. My dad doesnt want to buy another VW vehicle because hes scared that the GTi will have electrical probles like the Bug did. BTW, im talking about the older style of the GTi, like 2002-2004 year range.

So, does anyone own/have experience with the GTi? How has it held up, any problems? And, random question i couldnt find online, do you have any approximate trunk dimensions, L x Wx H?

Thanks for any help

Last edited by Cliffy : 01-30-2007 at 11:23 PM.
yanks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:53 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks fan
First off, hey everyone, im new to this forum.

I in need of a new car because something happened to my old one. I am interested in a VW GTi. My family used to own a '98 VW Bug and the thing had electrical problems out the ying yang. So we sold it. My dad doesnt want to buy another VW vehicle because hes scared that the GTi will have electrical probles like the Bug did. BTW, im talking about the older style of the GTi, like 2002-2004 year range.

So, does anyone own/have experience with the GTi? How has it held up, any problems? And, random question i couldnt find online, do you have any approximate trunk dimensions, L x Wx H?

Thanks for any help
You little children crack me up. An '02-'04 GTI is not an "older style", they're almost a new car. This is an older style and genuine GTI. You little fellas are so precious.

Screw your daddy. Man up, get yourself a job, and buy the car that you want. Alternately you can remain a lillte bitch and let Daddy call the shots. I hope he buys you a Kia. I understand they come with tampon holders now.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:58 AM   #3
yanks fan
CF Newbie

alrite...thanks for the reply.

im sorry, let me rephrase it, not the new model style...the stlye before the new style...and im sorry my parents are willing to buy me a car, im certainly not gonna argue with them about that.

i dont mean to sound like a d!ck cause i know how retarded it is when noobs come on to forums and talk trash to people who know a whole lot more than they do...but can i get real answers to my question?
thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo

aint that sort of rarer than the standard circle headlight version because i have never seen a square light golf!
id say golfs are good cars, apart from the last model, they are seriously heavy for their power, and like Top Gear shown (or any other Car programme you may have) the older ones (and the new one) out runs it by far!!!
my friend has one, its 4 years old now and it hasnt had an electric fault on it (yet)

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
aint that sort of rarer than the standard circle headlight version because i have never seen a square light golf!
id say golfs are good cars, apart from the last model, they are seriously heavy for their power, and like Top Gear shown (or any other Car programme you may have) the older ones (and the new one) out runs it by far!!!
my friend has one, its 4 years old now and it hasnt had an electric fault on it (yet)
I believe the US had square headlamps on their Golfs, the Mk1 version was badged as a 'Rabbit' too I believe.....

The above car does look slightly modified though, but hobo would know for sure I guess! And Yanks fan, why do you have two threads on the same subject?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 01-30-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:41 PM   #6
yanks fan
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I believe the US had square headlamps on their Golfs, the Mk1 version was badged as a 'Rabbit' too I believe.....

The above car does look slightly modified though, but hobo would know for sure I guess! And Yanks fan, why do you have two threads on the same subject?

i dont know...sorry about that. i honestly made this one first and then thuoght maybe the other area had more traffic. but yea i know and im sorry, wont happen again.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks fan
i dont know...sorry about that. i honestly made this one first and then thuoght maybe the other area had more traffic. but yea i know and im sorry, wont happen again.
It's ok I guess, this will probably form its own direction anyway, lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:38 AM   #8
talon699
CF Newbie

he he

must be fun driving that gti in the rain. no wipers or side mirrors. Oh wait, if its raining out you don`t want to be inside a gti.
talon699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:59 AM   #9
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon699
must be fun driving that gti in the rain. no wipers or side mirrors. Oh wait, if its raining out you don`t want to be inside a gti.

Actually it does have side mirrors, dummy. Look closely.