Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #31
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Now that I know what Enthusiasts goals are, I too agree that you should go with the LS1. It is the mod motor to have right now. There was a write-up in car-craft about how to get 500 hp without forced-induction...the LS1 motor was included in that article. Quite easy.
I want to do it boosted but im not talking 500hp im talking 500rwhp getting that out of a N/A ls1 isnt the easiest without resorting to big cubes.

edit: while maintaning street manners.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #32
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
I want to do it boosted but im not talking 500hp im talking 500rwhp getting that out of a N/A ls1 isnt the easiest without resorting to big cubes.

You think it's going to be easy in the LT1? The Ellis Juan is king.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:54 AM   #33
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

No not NA but I wont be running an NA LT1 Ill be running a 383 Boosted LT1 hopefully around 15 lbs in kill mode.

They made it seem like I could reach my goals for a boosted lt1 in a NA ls1 because the ls1 is great, i understand I could boost an ls1 also but ive alkready got a bunch of parts for a forged stroker lt1 and I want to go lt1 anyways.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:27 PM   #34
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
...why did you buy a E36 M3 should have bought a newer one. I now of boosted E46 M3s makin over 600rwhp. E36s are silly.

Yes I have heard of these e46's as well....However not nearly as many of them as I have boosted e36's making 6, 7, 800 even 1000 whp.

However, I am not trying to defend my car purchase here, I digress; I understand the point you are trying to put across and it is a valid one. There is something to be said for building something that hasn't been done nearly as often, especially when your specific desires call for a different platform.

It's your money do as you wish.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:28 PM   #35
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:

'
lol, good edit.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:29 PM   #36
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
last i checked a 100 shot isnt N/A.

It is when the bottle isn't open...lol. I just meant without the constant wear and tear of boost.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #37
DannyDarko
CF Newbie

With inflation you're making about 33% on the original price, but look at it this way, no depretiation.

Seriously though, buy a corvette if you are lucky you can get a good 98 one with low milage and there are so many parts to modify them.

The reason why a vette is more fun than any other LSX car is low center of gravity, if you want something to take to the track a modded vett can both drag and do circuits amazingly.

And good older ones are surprisingly less rare than new GTO's.
DannyDarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:44 PM   #38
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Sellin of the car has been put on the back burner. The local pontiac collectors know I have it and Its a pretty well known fact in town so If someone wants it they know were to come. If it sells it sells. If it doesnt it doesnt, its just gonna keep apreciating.

I have recently started workin crazy hours so I have more mod money. I love the summer days at sonic Im pullin awesome tips. We were slow the other day and I still puklled in over 20 dollars an hour without my wages, I just hit on those middle aged women and it works wonders haha. All the money I make goes into modding my car I really dont pay for anything so if I keep this up expect to see my motor build up around june or july. Im still stuck between what to do n/a or boost, n/a or boost. I was gonna go boosted but I just saw a 355 LT1 through down 480whp with ported GM casting. Viva la LT1