Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2007, 02:29 AM   #1
jerzyhxc1161
CF Newbie

Eagle talon motor swap

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2g eagle talon for $200. It has a problem with the motor and i was wondering what the possibilities were for swapping in a new motor. From the reading ive done so far everyone makes it sound real complicated and expensive but for $200 im wondering if its worth it. Let me know what you think.
jerzyhxc1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:17 AM   #2
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

It would be worth it. You can find the engines for cheap, both the non turbo and turbo variants. Stick with the engine thats supposed to be in there and it will be cake.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:49 AM   #3
jerzyhxc1161
CF Newbie

Is anyone familiar enough with this swap to answer this question. Since the car isnt the TSI originally it has plymouths engine. I want to put the mitsubishi engine that would have come with the tsi into the car or even possibly a custom set up, ive read that there would be complications like the engine not lining up with the drive shaft?
jerzyhxc1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:34 AM   #4
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzyhxc1161
Is anyone familiar enough with this swap to answer this question. Since the car isnt the TSI originally it has plymouths engine. I want to put the mitsubishi engine that would have come with the tsi into the car or even possibly a custom set up, ive read that there would be complications like the engine not lining up with the drive shaft?

Its FWD, there is not drive shaft. The swap is ridiculously hard, and rarely ever done. You'll spend more time and money getting it to fit in than you would if you just bought a TSI in the first place. Not too mention, the couple people that have done it eventually had a giant paperweight in the driveway.