Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
CountryGirl2
CF Newbie
 
CountryGirl2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PNW, Wa
Posts: 3
Chrysler needs new transmission

My 99 Chrysler has 94,000 miles on it. 70,000 which is from us.

How come they have so many problems with they're transmissions? I read after we bought it some were being replaced with 20,000 miles on them.

Our daughters 99 Dodge went out at the same exact miles as ours.

We AREN'T HARD on our stuff.

Can't they figure out what they're doing wrong? Maybe they don't care?

Thanks for any input on the subject.
CountryGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:54 AM   #2
greg985
CF Newbie
 
greg985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 90
Ok, sure, you do that
__________________
Meet me in da flatts

greg985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:09 AM   #3
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
just a question (if a little pointless?),,,where did the 20,000+ miles come from if they wernt US???
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:36 AM   #4
t to the maxx2
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 57
My sebrings tranny blew last week, I ended up selling it and getting a pontiac g6
t to the maxx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:58 AM   #5
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
We've had two Chrysler Town and Country minivans (1996 and 2001 I think) and both had tranny probs. Of course, long-wheelbase minivans almost always have tranny problems.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #6
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Of course, long-wheelbase minivans almost always have tranny problems.
not here in england!!!
chrysler voyagers (just an example) are known for their near 0 safety rating, which the previous model to the new shape had 0% safety rating in europe
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #7
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
What kinds of fluids were used in tranny services? 90% of the problems people have experienced with Chrysler transmissions have been from shops (even the dealer) putting in the wrong trans fluid. Dexron III is not the same as the ATF+3 or ATF+4 called for, but most shops still put in Dexron.

http://www.allpar.com/fix/trans.html
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:08 AM   #8
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
What kinds of fluids were used in tranny services? 90% of the problems people have experienced with Chrysler transmissions have been from shops (even the dealer) putting in the wrong trans fluid. Dexron III is not the same as the ATF+3 or ATF+4 called for, but most shops still put in Dexron.

http://www.allpar.com/fix/trans.html
I think that's part of what happened to us in the 2001 model. The dealership put the wrong fluid in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
chrysler voyagers (just an example) are known for their near 0 safety rating, which the previous model to the new shape had 0% safety rating in europe
If I remember correctly, the Voyager is the shorter (well regular) wheelbase version. It's the Town and Country (Chrysler) and Grand Caravan (Dodge) that have the most problems because they are the longer versions.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.