Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2007, 02:38 AM   #1
e.dawg2309
CF Newbie

i need some advice on a new car

I am currently looking for a new car that that is around 20k (maybe up to 25 but no more) and is fun to drive. I will be taking this car away to college so i need it to be relatively practical. The trunk must be big enough to carry golf clubs i prefer a 4 door although a 2 door would be fine as well. Safety is a big concern with my parents and sadly if they think the car is too sporty (whether or not it really is) then they will not like it. I have started to look at some cars and my favorites have been mostly Volkswagens including the jetta, gti (although too sporty for my parents liking) and the passat (which is a bit too expensive) I would like an automatic transmission. If someone could give me some advice on some good cars it would be apprieciated. THANKS.
e.dawg2309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:51 AM   #2
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.dawg2309
I am currently looking for a new car that that is around 20k (maybe up to 25 but no more) and is fun to drive. I will be taking this car away to college so i need it to be relatively practical. The trunk must be big enough to carry golf clubs i prefer a 4 door although a 2 door would be fine as well. Safety is a big concern with my parents and sadly if they think the car is too sporty (whether or not it really is) then they will not like it. I have started to look at some cars and my favorites have been mostly Volkswagens including the jetta, gti (although too sporty for my parents liking) and the passat (which is a bit too expensive) I would like an automatic transmission. If someone could give me some advice on some good cars it would be apprieciated. THANKS.
New or used?
for somethin new, how about a pontiac G6, th ehigh model. If used is fine then wat about an Acura TL or TSX. Anything along those lines.... Accord...ect.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
greg985
CF Newbie

infiniti G35 could work. You can get them 2 or 4 doors and it has a big trunk. They look good. The only problem is they may push your price range

greg985 is offline   Reply With Quote