Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

LT1 Trans Am vs. Twin Turbo 300zx

I am going to get a nw car around the end of the semester or begining of summer and I was planning on just getting an LT1 Trans Am but now Im back on one of my original favorite cars the Twin Turbo 300zx. Both cars will be manaul and will be setup up for the road course maybe a few trips to the strip.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:02 AM   #2
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Of the two I'd take the 300ZX TT. Always loved the lines on those cars, and performance wise I think its pretty close to the LT1. However, with some searching you could probably find an LS1 in your price range. More power, 2 extra seats, and barely any heavier than the 300ZX. I'm a little biased though.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
Of the two I'd take the 300ZX TT. Always loved the lines on those cars, and performance wise I think its pretty close to the LT1. However, with some searching you could probably find an LS1 in your price range. More power, 2 extra seats, and barely any heavier than the 300ZX. I'm a little biased though.

If I where buying an F-body It would without a doubt be an LT1, the only thing id buy with an LS1 would be an RX-7, GTO, Vette.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:30 AM   #4
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
If I where buying an F-body It would without a doubt be an LT1, the only thing id buy with an LS1 would be an RX-7, GTO, Vette.
Does Optispark give you a hardon or something? Out of curiosity, why LT1 > LS1?

Old 02-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Well I know LT1s inside and out plus I prefer the body lines of the LT1 cars.
Also I run around in a predominantly F-body car ring and all of them are LS1s and they are some cocky bastards they think they have the best engine ever and an LT1 could never beat them thats why its just so much more fun to beat the im an LT1. I just kinda like the underdog status plus LT1s are cheaper so you can save a bunch of money on buy one. Hell even the low mileage LT1s arent worth crap.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:12 PM   #6
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Well I know LT1s inside and out plus I prefer the body lines of the LT1 cars.
Also I run around in a predominantly F-body car ring and all of them are LS1s and they are some cocky bastards they think they have the best engine ever and an LT1 could never beat them thats why its just so much more fun to beat the im an LT1. I just kinda like the underdog status plus LT1s are cheaper so you can save a bunch of money on buy one. Hell even the low mileage LT1s arent worth crap.
Fair enough. I'll agree with a lot of the owners being cocky, I think they just try to be a little less cocky than the ricers. As far as price, they can be found cheap. There was a clean ex-cop LS1 Z28 for under 6K with ~100K on it on LS1tech a little while ago. However, it's always fun to be the underdog.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:02 AM   #7
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Werent all B4Cs autos though. I couldnt bring myself to drive an auto if I only had one car. In fact I just finished argueing with a buddy of mine who has an LS1 and I put him in his place cause he was bein a bitch and braggin about his new 500hp motor bein installed and he wont even change his damn oil, and I new more about his car than he does. Plus he doesnt pay for SHIT and he cant even change his own damn spark plugs.
Alot of LS1 owners piss me off and yes being an underdog is fun.
The other day I beat a full bolton M6 LS1 with my car and he was PISSED, we ran from a dig (I won) a 40 roll (I won) and a 60 roll (I won) and his excuse was well my car is still the faster car and you know it and I said even better that means I just outdrove your ass.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:25 AM   #8
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Werent all B4Cs autos though. I couldnt bring myself to drive an auto if I only had one car. In fact I just finished argueing with a buddy of mine who has an LS1 and I put him in his place cause he was bein a bitch and braggin about his new 500hp motor bein installed and he wont even change his damn oil, and I new more about his car than he does. Plus he doesnt pay for SHIT and he cant even change his own damn spark plugs.
Alot of LS1 owners piss me off and yes being an underdog is fun.
The other day I beat a full bolton M6 LS1 with my car and he was PISSED, we ran from a dig (I won) a 40 roll (I won) and a 60 roll (I won) and his excuse was well my car is still the faster car and you know it and I said even better that means I just outdrove your ass.
Yeah, as far as I know they were all autos.

What do you have done to your LT1? I remember seeing a pic of a bottle, but you never said how big of a shot you had.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:41 AM   #9
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
Yeah, as far as I know they were all autos.

What do you have done to your LT1? I remember seeing a pic of a bottle, but you never said how big of a shot you had.

Never got the nitrous on since I decided to sell it but I was gonna run a 150 wet shot.

Its mainly bolt ons right now in need of a tune BAD. You can definetly hear that the cars needs to have the timing advanced. Ive had over 7 random people tell me the same thing.

Pacesetter LTs (!EGR !AIR)
True Duals Dumped (about to be removed for a GMMG/2OTL hybrid style exhaust)
CAI
Vortech Elbow
58mm TB
Spec Stage 3 CLutch and Lightweight flywheel
3.73 Gears
UMI short stick
Electric Water Pump
Welded In SFCs
Some ghetto ass drag suspension the previous owner threw on there.
Some weight reduction
I feel like im forgetting something but thats about it

If I go LT1 again itll be a low comp 383 with about 10lbs of boost for the street and 15-18 in kill mode

And if I go TT 300zx well I havent decided what route ill go but Im doin my research haha and if the engine ever blew Id probably try and drop in an LS2 Gotta see if itll fit though
Old 02-17-2007, 07:03 PM   #10
chillin92386
CF Newbie

That is a tough pick on cars, both have their perks.

One thing that you probably already know though that the tt zx is bad about is very little engine bay space. Many owners HATE working on their cars because they are so hard to do the simplest things due to their lack of space under the hood.
chillin92386 is offline   Reply With Quote