Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2007, 01:17 AM   #1
True_Brit
Has a new job!

DaimlerChrysler to sell

i found this link on my favourite motoring emag (one that cliffy doesnt like )
DaimlerChrysler are planning on selling the US arm of Chrysler!!!
Click here

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:53 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Unless they make something amazing that people want, I don't think they're going to make any more money than right now. Not surprising since Chrysler in general has the lowest reliability ratings from all domestic made cars.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:59 AM   #3
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I really couldn't see this happen. I know that Chrysler isn't reliable but, in general, few American cars are very reliable compared to others. I thought that the relationship of DaimlerChrysler was working pretty well, but I guess not.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:51 AM   #4
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
it would be a great day to see the big 3 all eat crap at once and choke on thier own feces, maximum profit this you corporate pig dog fu^kers
Old 02-16-2007, 04:15 AM   #5
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
it would be a great day to see the big 3 all eat crap at once and choke on thier own feces, maximum profit this you corporate pig dog fu^kers
The way things are going I think that day is approaching.

Ok, maybe not all of them and almost certainly not at once, but I can certainly see some major changes within the next few years. I think once Toyota bursts GM's bubble the companies will have no way of not justifying doing something. What would be really wierd would be if they all merged into one giant singular American car company.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:22 AM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
The way things are going I think that day is approaching.

Ok, maybe not all of them and almost certainly not at once, but I can certainly see some major changes within the next few years. I think once Toyota bursts GM's bubble the companies will have no way of not justifying doing something. What would be really weird would be if they all merged into one giant singular American car company.
That wouldn't work. I believe there was a British company that did that and ended up going bankrupt.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:44 AM   #7
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
That wouldn't work. I believe there was a British company that did that and ended up going bankrupt.
That did what? Merged the Big 3 together?

Old 02-16-2007, 05:03 AM   #8
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
That did what? Merged the Big 3 together?
No, two companies joined together British-something and MG I think (I'm probably wrong, but ask one of the Brits lol). And now they're bankrupt.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:10 AM   #9
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

It's all speculation at this point, the biggest reason they'll post massive losses is due to massive R&D costs. The restructuring that they're working on could very well be the saving grace.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #10
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Wait, so what would be sold? Just chrysler, or chrysler and its associated companies (dodge, jeep)?

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #11
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

I thought Chrysler was doin good with the LX platform. I dont know what Id do without the big 3. There goes cheap performace on all levels..
Old 02-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #12
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Yeah, look at those maximum profits that those greedy f*ckers are bring in now! A huge reason that the big 3 have so much trouble competing with Honda/Toyota is not because they are greedy. If you saw how much money Toyota was marking up cars above cost, and how much Chevy was selling cars BELOW cost a year or so ago...who's the greedy company? The big 3 made contracts with the UAW when they were still making profits, so the UAW really held all of the cards. Now that things aren't so great for the big 3, they still have to abide by their contract with the UAW union. As far as I know the Nissan, Honda, and all other imports don't have to deal with the UAW even if the plants are in America. So the big 3 are paying their workers significantly more, while putting less of a markup on their products. Once again...greedy corporate pig dog f*ckers!

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:49 PM   #13
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
HA when you pay 30 grand for a toyota you get 30 grand worth of quality...when you pay 30 grand for a chevy you get 5 grand worth of quality, being on the side of the industry that has to maintain the crap on the road these days, it is complete and utter Bullshit, every time you turn around you find some more absolutely useless underengineered underbuilt overpriced peice of shit, i hope your family works in a chrysler plant when they cut all the jobs to make some profit this year, build quality and build trust with customers and you will have a good product, i truly hope the imports stay on top and crush the big 3, its about time for change dont worry you'll see,
Old 02-16-2007, 11:13 PM   #14
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
HA when you pay 30 grand for a toyota you get 30 grand worth of quality...when you pay 30 grand for a chevy you get 5 grand worth of quality, being on the side of the industry that has to maintain the crap on the road these days, it is complete and utter Bullshit, every time you turn around you find some more absolutely useless underengineered underbuilt overpriced peice of shit, i hope your family works in a chrysler plant when they cut all the jobs to make some profit this year, build quality and build trust with customers and you will have a good product, i truly hope the imports stay on top and crush the big 3, its about time for change dont worry you'll see,

Someone's been reading too much Car and Driver...
Old 02-16-2007, 11:25 PM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Someone's been reading too much Car and Driver...
Someone spends too much time on online forums and not enough time under the hood of various car that are being built today...

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote