Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
Pottsdie
CF Newbie

Putting oil into a Honda accord 1986

Sorry, Im a guy who knows absolutly nothing about cars, but alot about computers. I Have an Accord 1986 honda ( LX ) and I need to put oil in it since the oil is low when I checked it, but I have no idea where the cap for putting oil is on this car, and wouldn't know it even if I saw it.

Around the middle of the care their is a black plastic cap labeled "HUILE OIL", that might be the oil cap. I really do not know. Its very hard to untwist. I have no idea what Im doing. If anyone knows were an online owners manual for the 1986 Accord is, that would be great. I have no owners manual in the car.

Any help at all would be appreciated.
Pottsdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:00 PM   #2
Nickboxer7
CF Enthusiast

Do you see the little black cap by the blue tube in the middle of the picture. (kind of confusing) It looks kind of cog shaped, if you know what that means.

I believe that should be the oil. You can check your car manual if you have it, I'm sure they tell you where.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, this is the only 86 Accord engine I've seen, but that is where I would think.

Last edited by Nickboxer7 : 02-22-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Nickboxer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:01 AM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickboxer7

Do you see the little black cap by the blue tube in the middle of the picture. (kind of confusing) It looks kind of cog shaped, if you know what that means.

I believe that should be the oil. You can check your car manual if you have it, I'm sure they tell you where.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, this is the only 86 Accord engine I've seen, but that is where I would think.
That would be right. It could be hard to twist if it hasn't been off in a while. The general place you'll find the oil cap is on the engine, unless the engine is inaccessable for routine maintenence in some way.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 02-23-2007 at 02:03 AM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:13 AM   #4
Nickboxer7
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
That would be right. It could be hard to twist if it hasn't been off in a while. The general place you'll find the oil cap is on the engine, unless the engine is inaccessable for routine maintenence in some way.

Thanks Cliffy. I was 99% sure that was it, but didn't want to be the one to tell him to pour it in the wrong place LOL. That would be horrible!
Nickboxer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
Pottsdie
CF Newbie

Alright I got it full thank you guys.
Pottsdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:41 AM   #6
Nickboxer7
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsdie
Alright I got it full thank you guys.