Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2007, 01:52 AM   #1
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Posi/Limited Slip Rear End

Hey there, I was just wondering if there was any way to turn a rear end into a posi for cheap, but still have it be reliable, or do you have to just replace the whole rear end with a posi (from like a Camaro, Nova, etc)? I'd like to have a posi rear for my truck (which I hope to start working on again soon), but was wondering if there was a cheap/easy way of doing it.

I hope this question makes sense.. if I need to explain more or give more information then please let me know. Any and all help/opinions would be appreciated, thanks

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Hey there, I was just wondering if there was any way to turn a rear end into a posi for cheap, but still have it be reliable, or do you have to just replace the whole rear end with a posi (from like a Camaro, Nova, etc)? I'd like to have a posi rear for my truck (which I hope to start working on again soon), but was wondering if there was a cheap/easy way of doing it.

I hope this question makes sense.. if I need to explain more or give more information then please let me know. Any and all help/opinions would be appreciated, thanks
You can do it cheap, you can do it easy and you can do it good, but the chances of you accomplishing all three, or even two simultaneously, is highly unlikely. Unless you come across a factory or aftermarket unit in good condition at a low price and are able to install and set it up properly yourself, your odds are even worse.

You need to better define what it is you want/need before you can get a solid answer to this question. And I have a feeling that your first step is to do some research so that you understand what it is you're looking for.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote