Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
sk3k
CF Newbie

2000 ford taurus foggy windows

i have a 2000 ford taurus. i fixed a coolant leak, and replaced the thermostat. everything is fine but all windows inside get foggy no matter what time of year. could it be because the air intake vent is closed? for some reason my car doesnt have that feature for air intake and air recirculation. ( its that sliding knob )

furthermore, when i turn the knob for hot air only on my feet, air comes up from the dashboard. maybe the vents are all messed up?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

sk
sk3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:54 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3k
i have a 2000 ford taurus. i fixed a coolant leak, and replaced the thermostat. everything is fine but all windows inside get foggy no matter what time of year. could it be because the air intake vent is closed? for some reason my car doesnt have that feature for air intake and air recirculation. ( its that sliding knob )

furthermore, when i turn the knob for hot air only on my feet, air comes up from the dashboard. maybe the vents are all messed up?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

sk
If the windows become misted up, it would suggest that the inside of the car is damp. Have you checked for any dampness under the carpets, or even a leaking sunroof if you have one? Dampness of the carpets could suggest a leaking heater matrix.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #3
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
an HVAC unit, or the airbox that controls blend doors and direction control doors will default to defrost if you lose the vacuum connection to the switch or if the system gets disconnected electronically, the fog could be a couple of things, heater core leaks(usually sticky and smelly too) old heater core leaks and not changing the airbox filter, another problem is your a/c system itself not working anymore, your a/c system is designed to cool, clean, and dehumidify the air in the cabin, i have seen a few vehicles that actually mist up pretty bad if the a/c system isnt working, your a/c system will and should work anytime you put the defrost on so as to not blow moist air onto the inside of the window. you could have a couple of compounding problems, start with the easiest and cheapest probably by diagnosing why you can change the direction of airflow from defrost to feet or vent. good luck

or the inside of the car is sopping wet like cliffy said