Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #16
Cliffy
CF Loafer

3-points on my license and a 60 fine for speeding. I was doing 74mph in a 50mph zone....This was about 2-yrs ago now, so they are on my license for 1 more year. I actually have a further 8-points that are to be taken off in september of this year (all 8 for driving without insurance). So basically, I went for about 4-yrs with a clean license, and then got 11 points in the space of a year, lol. By the way, the limit is 12-points, then it's a ban....

I don't drive much sinse I left my last job though, as I get free train travel now.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:04 AM   #17
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
3-points on my license and a 60 fine for speeding. I was doing 74mph in a 50mph zone....This was about 2-yrs ago now, so they are on my license for 1 more year. I actually have a further 8-points that are to be taken off in september of this year (all 8 for driving without insurance). So basically, I went for about 4-yrs with a clean license, and then got 11 points in the space of a year, lol. By the way, the limit is 12-points, then it's a ban....

I don't drive much sinse I left my last job though, as I get free train travel now.

Haha, yeah Our limit is 12 also, when they revoked my license I had 36.

And my techers called me an underachiever.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:16 AM   #18
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Only 1 ticket in my life and it was for speeding. I was doing 103 in a 70 through Kansas (got stopped in Salina) on the way home from Denver. Thought I was doing atleast 105, but the cop assured me it was only 103. In my defense, we were being followed a few times by creepy old men and Kansas is a long boring state with a straight road. We killed our bordom after that by running over tumbleweeds. The ticket was $258.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:37 AM   #19
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
Only 1 ticket in my life and it was for speeding. I was doing 103 in a 70 through Kansas (got stopped in Salina) on the way home from Denver. Thought I was doing atleast 105, but the cop assured me it was only 103. In my defense, we were being followed a few times by creepy old men and Kansas is a long boring state with a straight road. We killed our bordom after that by running over tumbleweeds. The ticket was $258.
And this is why we're all ****in' crazed here in Wichita.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:11 AM   #20
Monte_Carlo
CF Newbie

not me but im surprised to be honest
Monte_Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:10 AM   #21
section8
CF Newbie

well i drive a suzuki hayabusa so i get a lot of tickets. ive got so many in fact i lost count. im currently 27 and i usually get three to five tickets a year for speeding. but i only have two on my record in almost twelve years. the key is getting them dismissed. in my state u can dismiss one speeding ticket as long as its under 25 over the speedlimit every twelve months by taking a driver safty course. so say u get 1 ticket for 70 in a 55. u take defensive driving and get it dismissed. u get another in the same year u ask for deferred (its like driving probation) this means u promise not to get another ticket for whatever time period the judge says and he will dismiss the ticket. just dont get caught over 25mph over the speed limit or u screw the pooch.

Last edited by section8 : 03-29-2007 at 02:36 AM.
section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:24 AM   #22
section8
CF Newbie

as for my worst ticket 96 in a 60 didnt see the cop. lol
as for what would have been the worst ticket(s) or arrest, i was caught at a red light one night buy a sherriff, he said i flew past him inches away at 178mph and quickly accelerated to 188. i never saw him i was concentrating on fitting the gap at high speeds(lane splitting). he ran my licence (car only) and told me he could take me to jail for speeding, recless endangerment, lane splitting, contest of speed, exsive acceleration, AND no motorcycle license. my license came back clear so he told me to go home slow down and get a license the next day. that was an awsome cop!!!
section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:05 AM   #23
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Perfect record so far...

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:09 AM   #24
Andrew0261
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8
as for what would have been the worst ticket(s) or arrest, i was caught at a red light one night buy a sherriff, he said i flew past him inches away at 178mph and quickly accelerated to 188. i never saw him i was concentrating on fitting the gap at high speeds(lane splitting). he ran my licence (car only) and told me he could take me to jail for speeding, recless endangerment, lane splitting, contest of speed, exsive acceleration, AND no motorcycle license. my license came back clear so he told me to go home slow down and get a license the next day. that was an awsome cop!!!
all i goning to say is.... your ****ing crazy 188mph on a bike+pass a cop and i thought i was bad lol XD
Andrew0261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #25
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
That cop was obviously an idiot. You'd have either been banned from driving, or imprisoned by now if you were here in the UK.....By the way, in future please don't double post, most of the double posts you have made could quite easily be posted in one post!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #26
dwarf04240
CF Newbie

damn fool

188 while lane splitting, I am going to give you an example of what happens to people who do that. In california it used to be legal to ride between lanse of cars if you were on a motorcycle, but one particular day in i cant remember where due to construction on a mojor highway traffic was at a stand-still, and somebody riding a harley at 80 mph in between cars was passing a big-rig when the driver decided to open the door to stand up to see what was going on as the harley rider was passing by it cut his head off like a hot knife going through melted butter. i could see that kind of speed out on the salt flats when there aint no-one around but in the middle of traffic you aint going to live long. By the way I got 2 speeding tickets within one week 82 in a 65 and then 53 in a 35.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #27
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:

I'm sorry but I'm calling B/S.

1) At that speed, the cop would have unbelievably hard time catching up to you, if at all being able to do so.
2) No cop, moreover sherriff, would ever let you get away with 180mph. Especially if you didn't have a license. You'd be jailed so fast, you have no idea.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #28
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima

1) At that speed, the cop would have unbelievably hard time catching up to you, if at all being able to do so.
2) No cop, moreover sherriff, would ever let you get away with 180mph. Especially if you didn't have a license. You'd be jailed so fast, you have no idea.
Haven't you seen Tokyo Drift? (In Japan) cops don't chase after you if you're going over 180 km/h (if I remember correctly). lol
Old 04-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #29
stabilized
CF Newbie

they don't chase after u because u are not afraid of dying but they do...

Old 04-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #30
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima

Ditto.Theres no cop car(at least in cali) that could keep up with a car or bike going 180mph. A kid stole an 06 mustang gt and the cops lost the kid at 130mph so you could have easily gotten away from the cop. Oh as for me none yet, and I plan to keep it that way.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote