Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2007, 03:46 AM   #1
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

little accident today...

Well today after school i was over at my friends house, and i decided to go home before i had to go to work. So i leave my friends driveway and take a right onto a side street that leads to one of the main streets. (Greenbay rd) On that street i see a guy coming out of the driveway with his Yamaha streetbike. So i think to myself, " looks like a nice bike, wonder how it sounds." When i pass the drivevay, i gave the car a little bit of gas just so he could hear my exhaust. As i was expecting he turned behind me and started to head for Greenbay.

At the stop sign, to take the right turn onto Greenbay, I looked in the rear view mirror and i saw that he was inches behind me. So as i made my turn, i kept looking behind me. i accelerated up to about 30-35mph and kept looking behind me every couple of seconds. I saw the biker pull out and gradually increase speed. When he was about 50 yards behind me, he hit the gas and i believe he was planning to pass me. At that moment, i saw him loose control of the bike.

From my view it seemed like either the rear locked up on him or he ran over some oil, which made him loose control. So while i am watching this in my mirror, i decide to bring my car to a stop to make sure that he is ok. While the car is slowing down, ( felt like it was slow motion) I saw the bike go on its side and start sliding.I saw the guy let go of the bike and start sliding/ tumbling away from it at about 30mph. When the car ame to a stop, before i could even run out or look back, i felt something hit my car. Knowiing it had to be the bike, i rushed out of the car to check if the guy was ok.

To my amazement, when i ran up to him, he got up a little bit shoken up but with no injuries other that a little road rash. He had a hole in his thick leather jacket by his elbow, and a fully scrapped helmet. Some of the other drivers pulled over and along with me asked him if he needed an ambulance. He said he was fine and didn;t need one. So after making sure he was fine i went to check out the bike and my car.

As i walked up to the car and bike, i saw small bits of the bike all over the road. I came up to my rear bumper and saw that it had a bit of paint chipping, but no dents or cracks. Then i looked at the bike and that was a different story. The exhaust was almost scrapped off, the most of the paint was gone, brake lines were hanging,the handlebars were in pieces on the ground and oil was leaking.

As he came up to the bike you could see that he wasn't happy. He took his helmet off and started to lift the bike. I decided to help him out. We tried to get the bike out of gear but couldn't. Both of us along with a couple of other people, lifted the bike and moved it over onto a driveway. I started to talk to this guy and i learned that he had just had the bike painted last week. The new black paint with green pears could now only be seen on the top of the gas tank. He asked me if i wanted to call the cops and i told him unless he wanted to , we didn't have to. He gave me all of his information and said to get an estimate and he would pay me. (I didn;t really want to go through insurance companies as it usually takes a while. BTW he had full coverage)) I copied down all of his information and once again made sure he was ok. Since this only happened a couple of blocks from his house he said he would walk the bike over himself. Once again i made sure he was ok, and after he told me that he was. I was set on my way.

I later went to a semi expensive body shop and got an estimate for $508. I will go to some regular price shops tommorow and get some estimates. It should be around $400.

Sorry for no pictures. My digital Camera is broken. I dont know what the bikes model was but i do know that it was a Yamaha and it wasn't a GSX R.

Well thats my story.

Cliffs:
biker accelerates.
Looses control at 35mph.
get off the bike while it's sliding on pavement.
Bike hist my car lightly.
Biker is ok, but bike is a mess.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:14 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Did you get to work on time? lol...At least no one was hurt.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
Cliffs:
biker accelerates.
Looses control at 35mph.
get off the bike while it's sliding on pavement.
Bike hist my car lightly.
Biker is ok, but bike is a mess.
Who's Cliff? lol.

Glad everybody was okay, it could have been alot worse!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Who's Cliff? lol.

Glad everybody was okay, it could have been a lot worse!
Cliffs, or Cliffs Notes are a series of student study guides in the United States and all over the world. The guides synopses and explain literary and other works in pamphlet form. Supporters say the guides help students understand works, while detractors say they let students avoid even reading the works.

lol