Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #16
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
Oh, I'm sorry. You're still in favor of using the DINOSAUR of a 6-7.0L pushrod V8. Come on, everyone knows Chevrolet is so far behind in their technology compared to everyone else that its not even funny. 505hp from a 7.0L? Pshhhh, Ferraris make that with FAR smaller, FAR superior engines, PLUS more power.

The DINOSAUR 7.0L V8 from Chevrolet is one of the greatest engines of MODERN DAY.

Name ONE NA engine from any of those prestigious manufactures that can match that 7.0L's torque, power, and minimal engine weight. You will be hard pressed to do this, and even more so if you filter them to one with a similar price tag as the LS7. Matter of fact, name ONE NA Ferrari V8 that is more powerful than the LS7, now name one with more torque.....I'll give you time........
Notice that you have just been shut the f*ck up twice...and you don't wanna even get started about durability.

You are @#%$!

Explain to me why I, a performance orientated motherf*cka, should care about the HP:L ratio. Please.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #17
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Don't dog pushrods.
Quote:
Come on, everyone knows Chevrolet is so far behind in their technology compared to everyone else that its not even funny. 505hp from a 7.0L? Pshhhh, Ferraris make that with FAR smaller, FAR superior engines, PLUS more power.

Let's examine that, shall we?

The Ferrari F430 has a 4.3L V8, which makes 490 hp and 343 ft-lbs.
The Corvette Z06 has a 7.0L V8, which makes 505 hp and 470 ft-lbs.

The "dinosaur" nets 16/26 mpg, whereas your "FAR superior" Ferrari V8 nets a pathetic 11/15 mpg. Who's superior here?

Last edited by PontiacFan27 : 03-21-2007 at 09:52 PM.
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:23 AM   #18
chillin92386
CF Newbie

997 porsche 911>all...but i have to agree for the money you get the most car in the z06. now i also will say that the lotus is a sweet little thing, but it really isnt the same car class as the lotus. i mean the lotus probably has a higher lateral g rating than most cars, superior handling, but it's really apples and oranges and the new c6 or z06 is just a sexy beast and probably faster by far on a track.

Last edited by chillin92386 : 03-22-2007 at 01:27 AM.
chillin92386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:38 AM   #19
FXpowered
CF Newbie

get a lotus. Nobody has them, there are tons of corvettes.

just to be different(never driven either).
FXpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:50 AM   #20
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXpowered
get a lotus...just to be different.

If this is the reason you purchase things...you are...missing out.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:26 PM   #21
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Don't dog pushrods.

Let's examine that, shall we?

The Ferrari F430 has a 4.3L V8, which makes 490 hp and 343 ft-lbs.
The Corvette Z06 has a 7.0L V8, which makes 505 hp and 470 ft-lbs.

The "dinosaur" nets 16/26 mpg, whereas your "FAR superior" Ferrari V8 nets a pathetic 11/15 mpg. Who's superior here?

Well, ok then. The stadard Corvette 6.0L is ate by the 4.3L Ferrari, and the 7.0L is being closed in on by the Ferrari.

To me, thats quite an accomplishment.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #22
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
The DINOSAUR 7.0L V8 from Chevrolet is one of the greatest engines of MODERN DAY.

Name ONE NA engine from any of those prestigious manufactures that can match that 7.0L's torque, power, and minimal engine weight. You will be hard pressed to do this, and even more so if you filter them to one with a similar price tag as the LS7. Matter of fact, name ONE NA Ferrari V8 that is more powerful than the LS7, now name one with more torque.....I'll give you time........
Notice that you have just been shut the f*ck up twice...and you don't wanna even get started about durability.

You are @#%$!

Explain to me why I, a performance orientated motherf*cka, should care about the HP:L ratio. Please.

Well as stated by PontiacFan, the 4.3L takes the cake against the standard 6.0L, and is close to the power of a 7.0L (maybe not in torque, but regardless, it could still take the 'Vette.)

Durability? Why is it that European cars always get a bad rap for this? Ever heard of the million + mile Volvo. Jesus, don't be scared of what you don't understand. My dads Alfa 164L has 250K on it and never fails to start. I challenge you to that with a small lack Chevy without have to do a rebuild or at least taking the heads off.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:29 PM   #23
chillin92386
CF Newbie

you sir, are an idiot. that is all.
chillin92386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:34 AM   #24
FXpowered
CF Newbie

Quote:
If this is the reason you purchase things...you are...missing out.

eh, there are thousands of vettes out there. Hell, a 5000 dollar MG midget is more exciting then a vette to the viewer( in my humble opinion). I say Get something different, something that will turn heads. I don't street race or go to a track so what the hell, i'll take a stylish car(hell no not rice) over a fast one.

And The elise is no slouch when it comes to performance.

Last edited by FXpowered : 03-23-2007 at 02:39 AM.
FXpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #25
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Well, ok then. The stadard Corvette 6.0L is ate by the 4.3L Ferrari, and the 7.0L is being closed in on by the Ferrari.

To me, thats quite an accomplishment.

Still, how much money does a Ferrari cost?
Old 03-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #26
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Still, how much money does a Ferrari cost?
True, but you're getting more out of your dollar when you buy the Ferrari. Better handling, better technology, and you're not buying something everyone has.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:58 PM   #27
What
Banned

Quote:
Durability? Why is it that European cars always get a bad rap for this? Ever heard of the million + mile Volvo. Jesus, don't be scared of what you don't understand. My dads Alfa 164L has 250K on it and never fails to start. I challenge you to do that with a small block Chevy without have to do a rebuild or at least taking the heads off.

Your foolishness if very convenient.

Firstly, who said anything about a f*ckin' Volvo or Europe in general. I don't group car companies according to where they are from. I am talking about Ferrari's reliability and I was talking about Lotus. Two performance car companies...why'd you throw in a completely irrelevant Volvo? To prove your point? What point are you on? Where are you? Did I say Europe? Did you assume? Yes, you did.

Ferrari cars' reliabilty and cost of maintanence is much worst than the Corvette's. Argue that.

What: I believe Ferrari/Lotus reliability to be worse than a Corvette's.
SlipKnot: Dude, you're stupid. A Corvette is not more reliable than a Volvo.

You feel like I'm attacking your "arguement's" reliabilty? You call upon a Volvo. Performance? Ferrari. How convenient. Stay on subject bitch.

Quote:
True, but you're getting more out of your dollar (compared to the Corvette) when you buy the Ferrari.

Please tell me you don't believe this. Please...please...please.

You are a bottle of stereotype.

MORE FOR YOUR DOLLAR FROM THE FERRARI!!!!!

The Corvette is less than 1/3 the price of the Ferrari...and it performs BETTER. You fool, did you hear me? THE Z06 OUTPERFORMS THE FERRARI F430. The only time the F430 has slightly out-performed the Z06 in comparison tests is when the Ferrari was tested with race-spec tires.

The Corvette's best description is "best-bang-for-buck".

Ferrari, Porsche and the like clearly add a little "rape" to their price tags.

But whatever. Check their Nurburing run times...if that is how it is spelled. How many Ferraris can run the European track of God faster than the Z06's 7:43?

Check out the cost to maintain this Ferrari.
http://www.sportscarmarket.com/articles/archives/939

Last edited by What : 03-23-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:04 PM   #28
chris_knows
๑۩۞

The way you guys are comparing the two cars, they are in totally different leagues. The Corvette provides raw, untamed power, while attempting to keep the price as low as possible and basically, a blue collar car. The F430 is more refined, and provides some more luxuries, generally used on weekends/track car.

It's pretty obvious this argument isn't going anywhere.

BTW What, it's Nurburgring (the first "u" has two dots on top).
Old 03-23-2007, 11:14 PM   #29
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
The Corvette provides raw, untamed power...

I wouldn't exactly call the Corvette "raw" or "untamed". It puts down its power rather boringly.

...and thanks for trying to end a discussion in a forum that's dying...you f*ckin' sissy.

Last edited by What : 03-23-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:24 PM   #30
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
I wouldn't exactly call the Corvette "raw" or "untamed". It puts down its power rather boringly.
Our definitions of raw are not the same...The way I see it, it means torque. The 'Vette has buttloads of torque.