Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 12:49 AM   #1
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Top Gear future?

I've just heard news that Top Gear might not be returning. Whether it's just Clarkson saying that TG wont be back until Autumn instead of the Summer, like the BBC said it would be, remains to be seen. However, alot of people seem to think it wont be back AT ALL. As far as I'm aware that's just rumour though, as the BBC say it definitely will be returning, and that JC probably meant that the series will not be back as promised, in the Summer, but instead will be back in the Auyumn, leaving us with a one off special in the Summer. Here's a link to a news report.

Clicky
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:15 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Not sure if this is considered spam, but this site gives some insight:
http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=17773

They'll definitely be back; it's the most viewed automotive show in the world. On a lighter note, here's a video of the Stig...speaking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VihIf1Fi-BM
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:30 AM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Not sure if this is considered spam, but this site gives some insight:
http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=17773

They'll definitely be back; it's the most viewed automotive show in the world. On a lighter note, here's a video of the Stig...speaking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VihIf1Fi-BM
I'll be sad to see another runway apart from Dunsfold, lol. I always liked it when they done their 'road trips' etc....I recognised alot of the places and roads. Dunsfold is around 20-miles from where I live. I dunno....I guesss we'll have to wait and see, I'll leave that site up, Chris.

As for the Stig speaking....if it was his voice, he sounds very young...
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:16 AM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
They'll be back in the autumn with the same cast:

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/t...name_page.html
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:20 AM   #5
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
http://www.leftlanenews.com/clarkson...ill-go-on.html
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:46 AM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
They'll be back in the autumn with the same cast:

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/t...name_page.html
So first he personally says that TG will not be back...he then says that we seem to thin k that it wont be returning, and that he's left....Well yes, we did think that, but only because it came from the horse's mouth, so to speak, lol.
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:39 AM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Just read this...Turns out Jeremy doesn't know whether the show should be about car reviews or stuff like season 9 (going to the States, growing ethanol, etc lol). I liked it better with more car-related stuff personally.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Just read this...Turns out Jeremy doesn't know whether the show should be about car reviews or stuff like season 9 (going to the States, growing ethanol, etc lol). I liked it better with more car-related stuff personally.
Interesting. I must say though, I wouldn't enjoy TG so much if they focused soley on cars. I love all the cocking around, especially when I recognise some of the areas they drive by etc (like parts of the M25 Motorway....or when they went on a train in one of the first series'). You could say that most of their cocking around is vehicle related in some way or another though, especially when they pit cars against other modes of transport such as trains and planes. I hope not much changes though!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:56 PM   #9
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Interesting. I must say though, I wouldn't enjoy TG so much if they focused soley on cars. I love all the cocking around, especially when I recognise some of the areas they drive by etc (like parts of the M25 Motorway....or when they went on a train in one of the first series'). You could say that most of their cocking around is vehicle related in some way or another though, especially when they pit cars against other modes of transport such as trains and planes. I hope not much changes though!
their hate for caravans (and campers) is always fun to watch, but like you say, their cocking around is great, (like the RC Vauxhall Omega and Ford Scorpio!)
click here
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.

Last edited by True_Brit : 05-30-2007 at 11:00 PM.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #10
RallyReally
CF Newbie
 
RallyReally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ashford/SE London, UK
Posts: 12
Yes, TG wouldnt be TG without the cocking around. I didnt like some of the last series (going round the Bible Belt with a car painted "we love gays" is just cheap TV) but the more car-oriented cocking round: yes please!
RallyReally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #11
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyReally
Yes, TG wouldnt be TG without the cocking around. I didnt like some of the last series (going round the Bible Belt with a car painted "we love gays" is just cheap TV) but the more car-oriented cocking round: yes please!
That part was hilarious, especially if you pretend it wasn't scripted (I'm not sure if it really was lol)
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #12
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
That part was hilarious, especially if you pretend it wasn't scripted (I'm not sure if it really was lol)
I think most of it is....but it's very convincing alot of the time!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.