Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2007, 02:00 AM   #1
Grumpy Bear
CF Newbie

1995 Buick Riviera Windshield Washer Pump

Can anyone tell me where the windshield washer pump is on a 1995 Buick Riviera?

I went to the parts store and they sold me one and told me it was in the Winshield Washer Fluid Reservoir.

I got home and removed the reservoir and there is not pump in it and there is no way that the one they sold me would even begin to fit inside the reservoir.
Grumpy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
TexTruck
CF Newbie

Quote:
Can anyone tell me where the windshield washer pump is on a 1995 Buick Riviera?

I went to the parts store and they sold me one and told me it was in the Winshield Washer Fluid Reservoir.

I got home and removed the reservoir and there is not pump in it and there is no way that the one they sold me would even begin to fit inside the reservoir.

I can't tell you were your pump is but here is some advice that "MAY" help. First of all buy a manual for your car at a parts store they all carry them I don't know about your exact make but they'll have a buick something for sure. Or you could follow the lines from your reservoir and find the pump that way. OR, some parts places will actually print off instructions for you. Here in Canada they do it at Auto Value Auto Parts........O'Reilley's in the Southern US will do it. If you are anywhere else just call up the local chain and ask. Hope that helps.

Disclaimer: The follow the lines advice may not work for your car especially if they told it is supposed to be in the tank. I am just trying to be helpful but it should be noted that I am an amateur at best. Good luck
TexTruck is offline   Reply With Quote