Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
section8
CF Newbie

starting while warmed up.

i have a 1965 ford f250 truck. will start easily once, but after it warms up will not start again untill it cools off. when u try to start it rite after u shut it off it acts as if the battery were dead. ive replaced the starter, battery cables the battery, could the battery be too small? or is there something im missing? ive seen an episode of overhualin on tlc where they had a truck with the same problem, but they didnt address it they just laughed at the guy and replaced the engine and rebuilt the truck. what do i do?
section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:19 AM   #2
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8
i have a 1965 ford f250 truck. will start easily once, but after it warms up will not start again untill it cools off. when u try to start it rite after u shut it off it acts as if the battery were dead. ive replaced the starter, battery cables the battery, could the battery be too small? or is there something im missing? ive seen an episode of overhualin on tlc where they had a truck with the same problem, but they didnt address it they just laughed at the guy and replaced the engine and rebuilt the truck. what do i do?
simple check ... if it's an auto, make sure you're in park (they might start in N too, can't remember).

That's about all i can come up with off the top of my head... but worth checking the simple things first.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

does it have headers? you could be heat soaking the starter... when did the problem start?

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:54 PM   #4
section8
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
simple check ... if it's an auto, make sure you're in park (they might start in N too, can't remember).

That's about all i can come up with off the top of my head... but worth checking the simple things first.

i checked that already but thats not it. it just acts like the battery is weak.
but thanx very much for the help.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:06 AM   #5
section8
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
does it have headers? you could be heat soaking the starter... when did the problem start?

it doesnt have headers but i bet ur rite the starter is rite under the stock manafold, and it gets super hot. what do i do? and its had this problem since i got it a year ago.