Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
master.mw@gmail
CF Newbie

Pontiac Sunfire

Ok, quick question that maybe one of you all can explain to me. Why is the Sunfire considered a "chick car"?
master.mw@gmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by master.mw@gmail
Ok, quick question that maybe one of you all can explain to me. Why is the Sunfire considered a "chick car"?

Quick answer. Small, Under powered, poor handling, not enough there to build up anything of value. Just a machine to shop in.

Good little car for basic transportation though.

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
jcutsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:39 AM   #3
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
well i considered your question all day and of the 30 sunfires i saw today, 28 of them were drivin by woman and 2 by men(who looked like neutered dogs, probably driving thier girlfriends car and holding thier purse also) that explains why its a chic car, because chics and gay men drive them
Old 03-30-2007, 01:42 AM   #4
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
well i considered your question all day and of the 30 sunfires i saw today, 28 of them were drivin by woman and 2 by men(who looked like neutered dogs, probably driving thier girlfriends car and holding thier purse also) that explains why its a chic car, because chics and gay men drive them
cars like that are known as "hairdressers cars" in england, such as the previous MX5, FIAT Punto Cabriolet or Renault Megane Twintop

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:37 AM   #5
What
Banned

Quote:
...its a chic car, because chics and gay men drive them

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
cars like that are known as "hairdressers cars" in england, such as the previous MX5

TrueBrit just slapped jcutsh.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #6
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
cars like that are known as "hairdressers cars" in england, such as the previous MX5, FIAT Punto Cabriolet or Renault Megane Twintop

I'll be back. this will take a little time. Got to find a place to host me some pic's.

Then we see about some bitch slapping. Get ready, True lol

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
Old 03-31-2007, 02:50 PM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutsh
I'll be back. this will take a little time. Got to find a place to host me some pic's.

Then we see about some bitch slapping. Get ready, True lol
I actually agree with him.....although I think the current shape is also a hairdressers car...to ann extent, lol. T_B, get the riot gear ready mate....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:18 AM   #8
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:

TB, My Dear Friend.

After thinking this through, and being, the big balled, harry chested guy, that I am.

It dawned on me that you actually made a very funny post. In fact, I am very honored, that you remembered my love for the MX5, and used it against me. You made a very solid point.

I just laughed and laughed.

I congratulate you my friend. Very fine job, indeed.

The fact that the MX5 is the finest sports car in the world for it’s price range, and that 800,000 of then have been sold, and that tens of thousands are being driven on race tracks all over the world, every weekend, by real men, not some sanctimonious literate child like you, is totally, totally, irrelevant.

Your ability to make a “funny” on the spur of the moment, at my expense, fills me with pride.

It was like watching someone pick up a turd by the clean end.

Your post was short, sweet and straight to the point. A rarity for you here at CF, something which only happens, your every 100th posts or so.. I am honored, my chest fills with pride, that I could have played such a small part in your puberty --- and this milestone will be passed on to my grandchildren.

The fact that your mind is filled with such high quality detritus is astounding to me.

You have won. I have been OWNED, fair and square. However, I shall watch your future posts with great interest, and I will certainly help guide you in your future endeavors.

Again, I congratulate you Sir

Old 04-01-2007, 11:16 AM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
TB, My Dear Friend.

After thinking this through, and being, the big balled, harry chested guy, that I am.

It dawned on me that you actually made a very funny post. In fact, I am very honored, that you remembered my love for the MX5, and used it against me. You made a very solid point.

I just laughed and laughed.

I congratulate you my friend. Very fine job, indeed.

The fact that the MX5 is the finest sports car in the world for it’s price range, and that 800,000 of then have been sold, and that tens of thousands are being driven on race tracks all over the world, every weekend, by real men, not some sanctimonious literate child like you, is totally, totally, irrelevant.

Your ability to make a “funny” on the spur of the moment, at my expense, fills me with pride.

It was like watching someone pick up a turd by the clean end.

Your post was short, sweet and straight to the point. A rarity for you here at CF, something which only happens, your every 100th posts or so.. I am honored, my chest fills with pride, that I could have played such a small part in your puberty --- and this milestone will be passed on to my grandchildren.

The fact that your mind is filled with such high quality detritus is astounding to me.

You have won. I have been OWNED, fair and square. However, I shall watch your future posts with great interest, and I will certainly help guide you in your future endeavors.

Again, I congratulate you Sir
lol...I shall jump in here and say that I don't actually believe that T_B was having a dig at you in his last post. Infact, I very much doubt he even thought of you at all whilst typing it.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #10
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
........Infact, I very much doubt he even thought of you at all whilst typing it.

you got it bang on!
can i put my baton down now???

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.

Last edited by True_Brit : 04-01-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #11
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
lol...I shall jump in here and say that I don't actually believe that T_B was having a dig at you in his last post. Infact, I very much doubt he even thought of you at all whilst typing it.

Heck, I know that. But if the post brought a few smiles to some faces, then is was worth it.

Not enough laughing going on in the world. When your three days older then dirt, it's fun to show children the "error of their ways."

Right TB?

Old 04-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #12
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Heck, I know that. But if the post brought a few smiles to some faces, then is was worth it.

Not enough laughing going on in the world. When your three days older then dirt, it's fun to show children the "error of their ways."

Right TB?
i suppose so j!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Old 04-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #13
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
i suppose so j!

Come on TB.

Your a bright young lad, well on your way to a great future.

I'll bet you can come up with something more then "I suppose so"

Go ahead, it will be great practice.

I need a good laugh.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:05 AM   #14
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Come on TB.

Your a bright young lad, well on your way to a great future.

I'll bet you can come up with something more then "I suppose so"

Go ahead, it will be great practice.

I need a good laugh.
Great future??? as if! i work for a courier company, doing 10am till 8pm on national minimum wage all week and the only day off i get is sunday,,,good start! (and im only 19, but august time, im going to write to several small and big-ish car garages asking if they will take on an apprentice body repair/paint respayer!)

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Old 04-02-2007, 01:06 AM   #15
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Great future??? as if! i work for a courier company, doing 10am till 8pm on national minimum wage all week and the only day off i get is sunday,,,good start! (and im only 19, but august time, im going to write to several small and big-ish car garages asking if they will take on an apprentice body repair/paint respayer!)

So let get this straight. Your 19 years old and the best you can come up with is you want to spray paint cars.

You want to throw away the greatest 4 years of your life, and spray paint cars.

It all boils down to this.

You can go to school and work hard for 4 years and skate the rest of your life, or you can skate the next 4 yearsl and work hard the rest of your life.

And then, when your 40 looking for two nickels to rub together, you'll tell everyone how you wished you had gone to school, instead of just being the best paint sprayer in the business, making minimum wage.

If you can write a letter to a big-ish car company, you can write to some schools.

Maybe we should continue this in a PM.

I will try to help you.