Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
Majo
CF Newbie

Girls on Car-Forums

I bet many guy's except me would like to know how many girls are on Car-Forums.

So if you are a girl, introduce your self again and if you are not that shy , post a picture too and if you are a girl with picture of you and a car, then you can be considered as car forum super girl in my point of view
Old 03-30-2007, 10:04 PM   #2
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majo
I bet many guy's except me would like to know how many girls are on Car-Forums.

So if you are a girl, introduce your self again and if you are not that shy , post a picture too and if you are a girl with picture of you and a car, then you can be considered as car forum super girl in my point of view

Few that I can remember...

Synthetictrust, Mntt, Smiley(numbers), 97talonchik & vwhobo.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:46 PM   #3
Majo
CF Newbie

That still is too low for 15K members? isn't it ?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:55 PM   #4
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majo
That still is too low for 15K members? isn't it ?
99% of those 15K are people who came on here to ask one question and then never came back. There are maybe 20 or so active members. Yes there were more girls that signed up, but the ones listed are the only ones who post regularly. That VWhobo girl is smoken hot though. She's too shy to post pics online, but if you PM her she'll send you the pics.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:58 PM   #5
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Bronxie said them all. BTW vwhobo = GILF.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:25 AM   #6
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

yeah hobo could be an HIN model....
Old 04-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #7
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

It should be noted that mntt and smiley whatever haven't been seen posting in a while. Both made a total of maybe 30 posts...then poof.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #8
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Bronxie said them all. BTW vwhobo = GILF.
Well, here is a perfect example. Not to just pick on Chris, because you all do it.
A young lady joins up, asks a question, and the first response is: ďSend us a picture, so weíll know if we want to screw ya.Ē

It makes no difference if she loves cars and wants to learn more. You animals just canít help yourselves. Your tiny little penisís have to rise to the occasion.

You say things on this board, you would never say to a personís face. Great to hide behind the Internet, isnít it?

And then when a young lady like JanieR shows up you get all defensive and gang up on her, just to make sure ďthe boys win.Ē

Sometimes itís good for the boys to lose.

You wonder where the girls went? Somewhere, they will be treated with respect.

That is something you are going to have to learn if you want this board to grow.

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
Old 04-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #9
Majo
CF Newbie

my intention was not to collect girls pictures,phone numbers, usernames, and what so ever. My intention was to see diversity on this forum man vs woman.

by statements above its like 99.8 of males on this forum.

And how come that from 15K members just few visits regularly ? have something happen ? in the past ?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #10
chris_knows
๑۩۞

It's because of the 16,000 members, most just come to ask a question and then leave. They see no purpose in staying.

BTW Jcutsh, I never really thought about that; I'll just have to be more subtle. JP.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:51 PM   #11
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
It's because of the 16,000 members, most just come to ask a question and then leave. They see no purpose in staying.

BTW Jcutsh, I never really thought about that; I'll just have to be more subtle. JP.
It's not just you Chris. You just happen to be the one to provide a fine example that time. Most here do it.

Young kids filled with crap join here, both boys and girls, and instead of guiding and molding their little minds, they get jumped on. Not by everyone, just most.

It is much more of a challenge to teach someone proper techniques then to jump down their throat because they don't know how to ask a question.

Girls don't think about sex all the time like guys do. When they are in the mood to talk cars, TALK CARS.

Nobody wants to hang, where they are put down all the time. Lots of comments here would get your butt sued in the work place. There are plenty of chat rooms where you can talk that stuff. Mods should put a stop to this.

If a new kid asks a question and you think it is stupid, go on to another thread. Maybe someone with patience will help and we can mold another member. You don't have to make some snide remark in every thread.

Go back and read some of those past threads, You'll under why people see no purpose in staying.

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
Old 04-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #12
chris_knows
๑۩۞

That's all true and I will definitely try to do all that, but most members that come and post one question aren't harassed. They just come here to find the bolt pattern on their 1997 Toyota Camry for example.

I'll do my best to treat this place as if I was talking to the people face to face.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #13
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
That's all true and I will definitely try to do all that, but most members that come and post one question aren't harassed. They just come here to find the bolt pattern on their 1997 Toyota Camry for example.

I'll do my best to treat this place as if I was talking to the people face to face.
I would love for everyone to do better Chris.

Now go spend some time in the Introduce Yourself area. Look at some of the threads these newbies made, and the comments they received.

When you reply to a newbie, the first words you type should be, "Welcome to CF", not "Man your a dumba$$"

It happens over and over.

I quit this board once because someone told a 13 year old, "Ya, and I F----D you mother last night." It was the kid's third or forth post.

I am made of better stuff than that.

None of you would take that lying down.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #14
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutsh
I would love for everyone to do better Chris.

Now go spend some time in the Introduce Yourself area. Look at some of the threads these newbies made, and the comments they received.

When you reply to a newbie, the first words you type should be, "Welcome to CF", not "Man your a dumba$$"

It happens over and over.

I quit this board once because someone told a 13 year old, "Ya, and I F----D you mother last night." It was the kid's third or forth post.

I am made of better stuff than that.

None of you would take that lying down.
Most of the snide or sarcastic remarks that are posted in the intro section are because said members ignor the board description and ask a question. If this is the case I usually just ignor the question they've asked and do the usual "Welcome to CF" bit. That is acceptable. I agree that harrassing members is a bad thing, and I personally steer clear of it, and only go so far and no just how far the boundries can be pushed. I would never verbally abuse any member beyond calling them an idiot when warrented.

One thing that annoys me is when a female member makes a point of telling us her sex when she's after help. It doesn't bother me if she says this in her first post, it's more when she says so when she's not getting the desired answers, or is being told the error of her ways....As far as moderating all of the abuse etc goes, I'll say one thing. I can't win, whatever I do. I will let you figure that one out for yourself.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-02-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:45 AM   #15
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Most of the snide or sarcastic remarks that are posted in the intro section are because said members ignor the board description and ask a question. If this is the case I usually just ignor the question they've asked and do the usual "Welcome to CF" bit. That is acceptable. I agree that harrassing members is a bad thing, and I personally steer clear of it, and only go so far and no just how far the boundries can be pushed. I would never verbally abuse any member beyond calling them an idiot when warrented.

One thing that annoys me is when a female member makes a point of telling us her sex when she's after help. It doesn't bother me if she says this in her first post, it's more when she says so when she's not getting the desired answers, or is being told the error of her ways....As far as moderating all of the abuse etc goes, I'll say one thing. I can't win, whatever I do. I will let you figure that one out for yourself.

I don't envy your position Cliffy. You can't change someone's character on the Internet.

I have watched other car forums grow leaps and bounds. CF doesnt have the best rep in the business, and it appears to be something we have done to ourselves.

Members generate income. Aholes prevent that growth. I was only trying to explain that premise.

Kids learn very quickly a gentle prod is usually all that is necessary, not a smack with a ball bat.

Ah girls, I love them. Perhaps, if it was a rule to fill out the profile before posting, it would help. You see a girl telling her sex as trying for special privilege. It has been my experience that it means, Help me because I am really dumb, and I need extra help. We have been training them that way for centuries. A lady confident in her status never brings up her sex.

As a mod repetitive actions are just part of the business. I would have thought you would have been hardened by now. lol

Closed Thread