Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2007, 01:29 AM   #1
Taalperson
CF Newbie

Unhappy Big car for a tall person

So as you see from the topic, im a big guy who needs a big car, not SUV no SCOPIN B ugly car. any thing els is welcome. I like Beemers (BMW'S) and sport cars plz im 17 y old soon to be 18 and im 2meters tall thats 7".

So is there any thing out there for me? plz guys tell me

Best regards a mate thats in need of YOUR help
Taalperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:24 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taalperson
thats 7".
7-inches aint tall, lol....jk

Sports cars and tall people tend not to go well together. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you'll fit, it just won't be too comfy for you. I would suggest going for an average sized saloon car, as there'll be plenty of room for you, plus you can still chose a reasonably sporty car. Can't really say much more than that, as you've not given us a budget to work with.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:26 AM   #3
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
So as you see from the topic, im a big guy who needs a big car, not SUV no SCOPIN B ugly car. any thing els is welcome. I like Beemers (BMW'S) and sport cars plz im 17 y old soon to be 18 and im 2meters tall thats 7".

So is there any thing out there for me? plz guys tell me

Best regards a mate thats in need of YOUR help
damn you'sa big muh fugga haha shit, how bout a 7 series?
Old 04-02-2007, 04:00 AM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

We'd need a budget...I'd suggest just test driving a bunch of cars, and see which is the most comfortable though. No one can really tell you what you will enjoy.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:57 AM   #5
97Talonchik
discombobulated

I don't know if a sports car would be the most comfortable for you. I think most of them run on the more compact side than roomy side. It'll be tough finding a car that you can slide that seat back far enough as well to give you some leg room. My best advice for you would be to look at a couple of cars you like and go sit in them. That's really the only way you can tell if it will fit someone of your stature comfortably.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
TexTruck
CF Newbie

Ok! I'll give it a try for a new kid comming up. First of all 2 meters is not 7 feet. So are you 6'6 1/2" or are you more than 2 meters tall? Anyway I am not tryin to be a pr*ck I'm just trying to get a real picture that's all. I am 6'5" or about 1.95 meters. I have pretty much settled on trucks but there are sports/muscles cars out there that you can fit in. The bigger ones like firebirds and camaros are what I am thinking on. If the fit is not perfect with the seats adjusted to the max there is always the option of have the seat unbolted from the floor and moved back........most dealers will do this for in return for selling a car I've ahd them offer but never bought one. Don't even consider some of the "dinky cars" out there mazda MX's come to mind have you ever sat in one of those things.......holy sh*t talk about lack of room. Anyhow if you are 7" then I feel for ya cause at only 6.5 feet I get frustrated at the way things are designed towards much shorter people. Good luck and shop around sometimes the look of a vehicle is deceptive. My buddy had an old Honda civic that used to amaze me at the drivers side leg room and on the other side I drove an Isuzu rodeo one time thinking big ole SUV like that had lot's of room for a mutant like me and found that with the seat lowered and shifted back to the max I still never had enough head room.....so little in fact that I had to duck about 3 inches to keep my head off the roof.
TexTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #7
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTruck
Ok! I'll give it a try for a new kid comming up. First of all 2 meters is not 7 feet. So are you 6'6 1/2" or are you more than 2 meters tall? Anyway I am not tryin to be a pr*ck I'm just trying to get a real picture that's all. I am 6'5" or about 1.95 meters. I have pretty much settled on trucks but there are sports/muscles cars out there that you can fit in. The bigger ones like firebirds and camaros are what I am thinking on. If the fit is not perfect with the seats adjusted to the max there is always the option of have the seat unbolted from the floor and moved back........most dealers will do this for in return for selling a car I've ahd them offer but never bought one. Don't even consider some of the "dinky cars" out there mazda MX's come to mind have you ever sat in one of those things.......holy sh*t talk about lack of room. Anyhow if you are 7" then I feel for ya cause at only 6.5 feet I get frustrated at the way things are designed towards much shorter people. Good luck and shop around sometimes the look of a vehicle is deceptive. My buddy had an old Honda civic that used to amaze me at the drivers side leg room and on the other side I drove an Isuzu rodeo one time thinking big ole SUV like that had lot's of room for a mutant like me and found that with the seat lowered and shifted back to the max I still never had enough head room.....so little in fact that I had to duck about 3 inches to keep my head off the roof.

I was thinking the same thing, I am 6'6" = 198 cm = 1.98 m. Not all sports cars are small either, I fit in mine just perfect with plenty of head room.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:31 AM   #8
aeprominant
CF Newbie

For once I can say I'm happy i'm only 5'5"
aeprominant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #9
Taalperson
CF Newbie

Ok first of all i wanna say im sry for beeing so late, and yeah im 6,6 then the best ide for me is to go for an suv? like BMW x5?

And ive tested the pontiac trans am i could not fit
the old ver. 95 or something
Taalperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #10
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Ok first of all i wanna say im sry for beeing so late, and yeah im 6,6 then the best ide for me is to go for an suv? like BMW x5?

And ive tested the pontiac trans am i could not fit
the old ver. 95 or something
Im the same height and i fit just fine in my goat. You might be more comfortable in an SUV, but that is generalizing SUV s. I felt great in my Grand Cherokee, however I ma not very comfortable in my fiancee's 4Runner. Looks like you will need to try out a few more car/suvs to find what you are looking for. From personal experienced, I looked at a lot of Nissan's, Acura's and found that in comparison to a Chevy, I didn't fit quite as well but they had a finer interior. Have fun trying the cars out
Old 04-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #11
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

I'm only 6'1 but there is easily enough room for another 5 inches in a Camaro/Firebird for me. Also, like somebody mentioned, GTO. That would be my pick, I hear they're so stuck to the floors at dealerships that people are getting brand new GTOs for under 30K.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:58 AM   #12
adamc44
CF Freak

im 6'6 and i dont have a problem getting into a camaro or firebird, you just need to know how to position the seat. lean the seatback.

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:59 PM   #13
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
I'm only 6'1 but there is easily enough room for another 5 inches in a Camaro/Firebird for me. Also, like somebody mentioned, GTO. That would be my pick, I hear they're so stuck to the floors at dealerships that people are getting brand new GTOs for under 30K.
~ $27k