Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2007, 05:17 PM   #16
hardwhite
CF Newbie

i moved on from the car with the messed up engine and found one completely except for exhaust with only 69,000 miles on the engine for 4300. so i'm gonna work from there
hardwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:39 AM   #17
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Good job. But just for the sake of full disclosure, why don't you tell ME how you intend to make it into a 12 second car for $700. It may be true that that Twhat doesn't know shit, but I certainly do... And I'm betting that you're full of bullsh*t at worst or full of internet car modifying knowledge at best. Go ahead, the floor is yours. Tell me exactly how to do it, and don't forget to include links and prices. We'll all be waiting.

You're up Twinkie.
Hobo I don't know how to I'm telling you. I know I wouldn't be able to do it but I've "heard" of it being done because people start making there own parts for the cars. I apologize I should have been more clearer on my response that I "heard" it has been done but I will research it and get back to you on that if I can find it Anyways good job on finding another car hardwhite

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:46 AM   #18
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky2324
Hobo...I apologize...

He tells you the same thing I told you except he called you a twinkie. He gets an apology, I get...anger. Maybe I need to start drinking his pimp juice, you bitch.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #19
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
He tells you the same thing I told you except he called you a twinkie. He gets an apology, I get...anger. Maybe I need to start drinking his pimp juice, you bitch.
Hobo gains respect from me cause I know he knows what hes talking about while you on the other hand are just flat out stupid

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:43 PM   #20
What
Banned

Quote:
Hobo gains respect from me cause I know he knows what hes talking about while you on the other hand are just flat out stupid
I'm confident I have more experience with the 2G GSX than Hobo does. Very confident.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:05 AM   #21
hardwhite
CF Newbie

well what would be the best thing for me to get for it first, something simple and cheap, something i could put on
Old 04-21-2007, 07:38 AM   #22
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

you can take out the airbox and put a cone filter in.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #23
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Also, people who claim to have made their Eclipses run 12s for $700 usually completely strip the interior, remove all seats but the drivers, A/C, blah blah blah. Plus, they usually have either gotten parts for free, already had them laying around, or have sponsors of some sort.

They say $700 is what it cost them, but it cost somebody more than that.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:09 PM   #24
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
you can take out the airbox and put a cone filter in.
Yes you can, which will cost you about two tenths in the quarter. Why do pinheads think running hot air from under the hood is more efficient and faster than running the stock box with the cold air duct in place. It isn't and I've (we've) personally done the tests to prove it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:30 PM   #25
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Yes you can, which will cost you about two tenths in the quarter. Why do pinheads think running hot air from under the hood is more efficient and faster than running the stock box with the cold air duct in place. It isn't and I've (we've) personally done the tests to prove it.

come on hobo, it make them sound "cooler". didnt you know, looks and sound constitute 95% of hp!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 03:00 AM   #26
hardwhite
CF Newbie

ok then, since there was so much debate about that, what could i put in it that would give me the most power?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:31 AM   #27
talon699
CF Newbie

Only thing I can say is DSM.ORG or for a used motor car-parts .com. I have (modded) several of these motors. The more ponies the less longivitey. 450 hp at the wheels in awd and a lifespan of about 3000 km or roughly 2200 miles. Reliable? No, but one heck of a lot of fun on rallies. 248kph in 1/2 mile. it still only did high 13`s and broke clutches and trans bellhousings. There is no support at the back of the trans to handle the power and it cracks making the clutch next to useless

Last edited by talon699 : 05-10-2007 at 07:35 AM.
talon699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #28
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon699
Only thing I can say is DSM.ORG or for a used motor car-parts .com. I have (modded) several of these motors. The more ponies the less longivitey. 450 hp at the wheels in awd and a lifespan of about 3000 km or roughly 2200 miles. Reliable? No, but one heck of a lot of fun on rallies. 248kph in 1/2 mile. it still only did high 13`s and broke clutches and trans bellhousings. There is no support at the back of the trans to handle the power and it cracks making the clutch next to useless

You could always buy one of Shep's Tranny kits. You know, the ones he has run 8s with.