Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #1
master.mw@gmail
CF Newbie

Sunfire Vs Colbalt

Which is better in everyones eyes. I'm talking about performance not looks.
master.mw@gmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:04 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

The Cobalt.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

It sounds to me like someone's Mommy and Daddy bought him a Sunfire, and he just figured out it's a bitchmobile.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:40 AM   #4
master.mw@gmail
CF Newbie

actually i'm 14 and trying to figure out a good car to get for my first, so I can save up.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:22 AM   #5
Andrew0261
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
It sounds to me like someone's Mommy and Daddy bought him a Sunfire, and he just figured out it's a bitchmobile.
what with the hateful comment?
Andrew0261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #6
master.mw@gmail
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew0261

He was assumeing I have a sunfire and then found out it was a chick car because I asked why it was considered that. But maybe people should stop assuming because all you do when you assume is make an ass out of you and me.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Newsflash! It was not a hateful comment.

"Your mother is fat and smells funny."

THAT is a hateful comment. I know nothing about your mother so I have no basis for anything stated above and it would be completely uncalled for.

"It sounds to me like someone's Mommy and Daddy bought him a Sunfire, and he just figured out it's a bitchmobile."

THAT is an observation based on his post history. Incorrect? Apparently, but based on fact and years of experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by master.mw@gmail
He was assumeing I have a sunfire and then found out it was a chick car because I asked why it was considered that. But maybe people should stop assuming because all you do when you assume is make an ass out of you and me.
The only assumptions here are being made by you. Proof is in your post. You are assuming that I was assuming, which I wasn't. I was making an observation. Don't they teach critical thinking skills in school anymore?

P.S. You've been doing a fine job of making an ass out of yourself on this forum entirely without my help.

Have a nice day kiddies.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 04-04-2007, 06:18 PM   #8
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by master.mw@gmail
actually i'm 14 and trying to figure out a good car to get for my first, so I can save up.

A good first car for someone who's only worried about performance would be something that doesn't perform well at all. Unless you think good involves the words "wrapped" and "tree".

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:19 PM   #9
master.mw@gmail
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
A good first car for someone who's only worried about performance would be something that doesn't perform well at all. Unless you think good involves the words "wrapped" and "tree".

i'm not only worried about performance of all the cas i've looked at only these two. I can see the body, but I don't know jack about car specs when it comes to the performance.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #10
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

The Cobalt is the replacement for the Sunfire/Cavalier. Shouldn't be hard to figure out which is better.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:53 PM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
The Cobalt is the replacement for the Sunfire/Cavalier. Shouldn't be hard to figure out which is better.
Really? Is that how it works? Remember the Trans-Am SD-455 with 290 to 400 horsepower (depending on if you believe official deflated factory numbers or real world numbers) and a real 4-speed transmission? GM replaced that a few years later with a Trans-Am that had a Crossfire Injected 305 with 145 hp and an automatic trans. So since it was the replacement (or certainly newer model) the newer car must also be "better". Right? That's how it works out using your logic.

Or could your pretzel logic be confused?

Old 04-04-2007, 11:21 PM   #12
Andrew0261
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Newsflash! It was not a hateful comment.

"Your mother is fat and smells funny."

THAT is a hateful comment. I know nothing about your mother so I have no basis for anything stated above and it would be completely uncalled for.

"It sounds to me like someone's Mommy and Daddy bought him a Sunfire, and he just figured out it's a bitchmobile."

THAT is an observation based on his post history. Incorrect? Apparently, but based on fact and years of experience.

The only assumptions here are being made by you. Proof is in your post. You are assuming that I was assuming, which I wasn't. I was making an observation. Don't they teach critical thinking skills in school anymore?

P.S. You've been doing a fine job of making an ass out of yourself on this forum entirely without my help.

Have a nice day kiddies.
ah i see i didnt see his other posts my bad then
Blue 1994 Camaro Z28 (Stock)
Old 04-04-2007, 11:23 PM   #13
Andrew0261
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Really? Is that how it works? Remember the Trans-Am SD-455 with 290 to 400 horsepower (depending on if you believe official deflated factory numbers or real world numbers) and a real 4-speed transmission? GM replaced that a few years later with a Trans-Am that had a Crossfire Injected 305 with 145 hp and an automatic trans. So since it was the replacement (or certainly newer model) the newer car must also be "better". Right? That's how it works out using your logic.

yea newer isnt alway better that like saying a new meto could out run a good old muscle car
Blue 1994 Camaro Z28 (Stock)
Old 04-04-2007, 11:30 PM   #14
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:

"1982: 305 4 barrel, 305 Cross-Fire Injection (First year for fuel injection in Trans Am)"
If so than that would be seen as better in terms how the EPA see's the world. "Better" is a relative term, trying to make a more fuel efficient car that is more reliable across a wider temperature range might be better, however in terms of performance, I don't think that would be the first car I would want to drive. Usually when something is replaced, there is a reason, normally people don't waste time, money, and labor to make a change without a sought after outcome. Whether or not the change is "good" or "better" depends on how you define it.

Back to the question, both are good first cars, reasonably priced, relatively safe (unless you play chicken with a Dodge Ram) and run well. I would say go for the cheaper to begin and the money saved between the two apply towards college
Old 04-04-2007, 11:32 PM   #15
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
yea newer isnt alway better that like saying a new meto could out run a good old muscle car
I think you're missing the point there, lol. I believe he was saying that certain car companies' replacements for outgoing models aren't always better than what they're going to be replacing. Like the Sierra/Mondeo here in the UK (couldn't think of a US example.... ). Of course I could be wrong, in which case I'll shut up now, lol.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote