Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2007, 05:09 AM   #1
Astino
CF Newbie

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

Is the Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder's body made of carbon fibre? If so, would it be able to not have a Lamborghini not painted, just the canbonfibre showing?
Astino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:03 AM   #2
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astino
Is the Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder's body made of carbon fibre? If so, would it be able to not have a Lamborghini not painted, just the canbonfibre showing?
the body isn't made of carbon fiber..... the only car that comes to mind that has the body made from Carbon Fiber is the Porsche Carrera GT. I have no clue about the paint thing though... Probably possible with a special order.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #3
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
the body isn't made of carbon fiber..... the only car that comes to mind that has the body made from Carbon Fiber is the Porsche Carrera GT. I have no clue about the paint thing though... Probably possible with a special order.
the ferrari F40 doesnt come into mind then??? the paint on that was so thin you can see the carbon fibre!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:20 AM   #4
elchango36
WWJCD

While the Gallardo Superleggera isn't entirely made of carbon fiber, it's got plenty of body parts that are.

Click for news article
Old 04-06-2007, 07:30 AM   #5
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
the ferrari F40 doesnt come into mind then??? the paint on that was so thin you can see the carbon fibre!
i dont know that much about the F40...
Old 04-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
i dont know that much about the F40...
neither do i, i dont like ferrari! not even lambo but the gallardo spyder really takes my liking for it (in the light blue they have )

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:46 AM   #7
Astino
CF Newbie

I dont like the look of the Ferrari F40. the ugly rear wing, and it isnt sleek like new exotics.
Astino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:39 AM   #8
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
I don't like the look of the Ferrari F40. the ugly rear wing, and it isn't sleek like new exotics.
The car wasn't meant to look nice. It was meant to be a light sports car. They were so concerned with weight that there's no door handle even! lol.

BTW I think the F40 is pretty sexy.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:10 AM   #9
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
The car wasn't meant to look nice. It was meant to be a light sports car. They were so concerned with weight that there's no door handle even! lol.

BTW I think the F40 is pretty sexy.
thers no carpets either, or lining, not even a gator!
but i do know that the v10 in the gallardo is based on Audi's old straight-5 design. The engine was split again to become the straight-5 engine found in the new Volkswagen Jetta. The 5.0 L engine (basically the same engine featured in Audi's S6 and S8 models) is a current Audi 4.2 L V8 (featured in Audi's S4, A6, A8, and Q7 models) with two extra cylinders added and a slightly smaller bore diameter, apart from Gallardo named after the spanish fighting bull, it also means in spanish "Gallant"

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:

Last edited by True_Brit : 04-07-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:17 AM   #10
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
thers no carpets either, or lining, not even a gator!
but i do know that the v10 in the gallardo is based on Audi's old straight-5 design. The engine was split again to become the straight-5 engine found in the new Volkswagen Jetta. The 5.0 L engine (basically the same engine featured in Audi's S6 and S8 models) is a current Audi 4.2 L V8 (featured in Audi's S4, A6, A8, and Q7 models) with two extra cylinders added and a slightly smaller bore diameter, apart from Gallardo named after the spanish fighting bull, it also means in spanish "Gallant"
If I ever made a car, I would make it sound like some powerful word, but in English. Something like Slaughter. There's a manly word .
Old 02-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #11
HYLT00N
CF Newbie

Quote:

WHAT YOU CAN DO IS MAKE COPIES OF ALL THE STEEL BODY PANELS IN CARBON FIBRE AND PLACE THEM ON THE CAR , YOU NEED A PERSON WHO'S QUALIFIED TO MAKE CARBON FIBRE TO MAKE IT OR ELSE IT WONT BE AS STRONG , CARBON FIBRE IS 10X STRONGER THAN STEEL AND 3X LIGHTER (IN SOME SURCUMSTANCES) LIKE YOU NEED A PERSON WHO MAKES CARBON FIBRE BODY PANELS FOR THE F1 RACE CARS.
THE F1 INTERIOR SHELL CAN WITHSTAND A 200+MPH CRASH INTO A SOLID CONCRETE WALL AND IF ITS DONE RIGHT U CAN WALK AWAY WITH NO INJURIES. F1 CARS CAN GO FROM 0-100-0 IN A LITTLE OVER 4SECS THATS ZERO TO 100 AND BACK DOWN TO ZERO IN A LITTLE OVER 4 SECONDS ITS AMAZING. . .
HYLT00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:04 AM   #12
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYLT00N
YOU NEED A PERSON WHO'S QUALIFIED TO MAKE CARBON FIBRE TO MAKE IT OR ELSE IT WONT BE AS STRONG
no.... you need someone capable to make it as strong. Qualifications don't always translate into skills. You might need someone qualified to make it LEGAL.