Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #1
way_confused
CF Newbie
 
way_confused's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 1
Your opinion or just the facts PLEASE...

SO I am in the market for a new(to me not NEW) car....I am working on my FOURTH vehicle! Keep in mind I am of the ripe old age of 18 and it is my fourth vehicle. I want a car of cousre look at gas price(3.00) and i live on my own so economical is a must but hot is a GOT TO HAVE! My family is huge on chevy's but my dad says NO CHEVY CARS!! except the oldies he loves the oldies. So to go to a ford vehcile is going to be a heartbreak for my papa but I REALLY WANT A ZX3!! Do they really have a bad rap or is it just the "Ford" symbols on it that make it seems like a hunker! ( I am starting to warm up to them though fords that is.)


SO PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME I want to know ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!


Thanks!
way_confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:56 PM   #2
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum
 
Ki2AY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Francisco CA.
Posts: 708
a car is only as bad as you treat it.
__________________
Ki2AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:50 PM   #3
eaglehead18
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8
Exclamation

A Focus Is Nothing More Than A Souped-up Yugo
__________________
Signature removed. Please read the rules on advertising!
eaglehead18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 AM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglehead18
A Focus Is Nothing More Than A Souped-up Yugo
What makes you say that? For starters a Focus is a top selling hatchback and has won awards. The Yugo was a Yugoslavian failure.....I think

Also, why must you capitalise the bigining of every word? Surely this takes more time and effort on your part?
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki2AY
a car is only as bad as you treat it.

Or as bad as the previous owner treated it.

But no, some cars are just bad.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #6
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglehead18
A Focus Is Nothing More Than A Souped-up Yugo

Once again, opinion masquerading as fact. jcutch, should this be educated or simply responded to in kind? I'm thinking the latter.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Once again, opinion masquerading as fact. jcutch, should this be educated or simply responded to in kind? I'm thinking the latter.
Well...he was a spammer, not someone trying to be a contributing member of the forums.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:24 PM   #8
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Well...he was a spammer, not someone trying to be a contributing member of the forums.
i think he contributed nicely,,,,it made me chuckle him thinking a focus is a souped up yugo!
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:32 AM   #9
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast
 
jcutsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Once again, opinion masquerading as fact. jcutch, should this be educated or simply responded to in kind? I'm thinking the latter.
This one may take some real work. lol Let's go fishing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglehead18
A Focus Is Nothing More Than A Souped-up Yugo
Mr. eaglehead18,

My dear sir,

Where did you ever get the idea, that a Ford Focus and a Yugo were the same car? Who was the guy who told you that? He is a really bad man, and he is not your friend. We here at CF will be glad to fill you full of facts and figures, so you can get even with this fellow who has made you look like such a simpleton.
__________________
John

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
jcutsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #10
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutsh
This one may take some real work. lol Let's go fishing.



Mr. eaglehead18,

My dear sir,

Where did you ever get the idea, that a Ford Focus and a Yugo were the same car? Who was the guy who told you that? He is a really bad man, and he is not your friend. We here at CF will be glad to fill you full of facts and figures, so you can get even with this fellow who has made you look like such a simpleton.
I think he came to that conclusion himself...You just insulted him
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:00 AM   #11
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast
 
jcutsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I think he came to that conclusion himself...You just insulted him
Good Gosh, I didn't mean too. I was just extending the hand of friendship.
__________________
John

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
jcutsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:15 AM   #12
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutsh
Good Gosh, I didn't mean too. I was just extending the hand of friendship.
I love how passive aggresive you are
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:22 AM   #13
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutsh
Good Gosh, I didn't mean too. I was just extending the hand of friendship.
Call that one a practice...(S)He only came here to advertise a website.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:48 AM   #14
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast
 
jcutsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
I love how passive aggresive you are
It is a gift. lol

Sometimes, I crack me up.
__________________
John

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
jcutsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:57 AM   #15
talon699
CF Newbie
 
talon699's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglehead18
A Focus Is Nothing More Than A Souped-up Yugo
I really must tell my insurance co. I might be able to get a discount on my (souped up) yugo. .What are you driving eaglehead? a corvette disquised as a souped up lada?
talon699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.