Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
roknrolltkovr
CF Newbie

apparently I'm crazy, but I want to install a big lcd tv

hey guys, just introduced myself in the introductions section, but here's the scoop. I just got a 93 Chevy 15 passenger van that my band will spend the summer touring in.

We plan on ripping out the first two benches and throwing a big mattress in there, leaving the third bench (but hopefully reupholstering it in something nicer), and taking out the 4th bench as storage for our cooler and all our sleeping bags and stuff.

The main thing we wanna do here is put a big (well, 20" big) lcd screen in, and a dvd player and hopefully an x box or ps2 or whatever for the long drives. how feasible is this? I installed the speakers and subs in my personal car, but thats the extent of my car modding experience.

We wanted to mount the tv to a small wooden drawer unit, the kind you can get cheap at target or walmart, and place that between the front two bucket seats. but from there, do we need to connect it to the battery, or can we just use a power inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter? Would it need its own dedicated battery, or an amp or anything?

thanks for the help guys.

andy
roknrolltkovr is offline   Reply With Quote