Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
ViewMySonic
CF Newbie

Unhappy car for an ignorant poor man??

hi, i apologize for not introducing myself properly in the intro threads...basically im a poor student and i dont know a lot about cars, lol.

i thought you guys would be the best to ask. i might have to get a new car soon, and ill be looking for a private sale, and im lowwwww on money, so im lookin for bare essentials. basically i want to know what make/model and circa year will last me the longest with the fewest problems?

i know a few friends with civics/accords circa 1990 that were about 300k miles +, and the same for maximas of the same time. a friend even told me a tale of how her brother owned an 88 maxima that finally croaked after 700k+ miles.

well, i dont really know what else to add at this point...im just lookin for something i can stick a cd player in and is (preferably) auto tranny. plzz give me all the advice you can; it is MUCH appreciated!!!
ViewMySonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:15 PM   #2
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewMySonic
hi, i apologize for not introducing myself properly in the intro threads...basically im a poor student and i dont know a lot about cars, lol.

i thought you guys would be the best to ask. i might have to get a new car soon, and ill be looking for a private sale, and im lowwwww on money, so im lookin for bare essentials. basically i want to know what make/model and circa year will last me the longest with the fewest problems?

i know a few friends with civics/accords circa 1990 that were about 300k miles +, and the same for maximas of the same time. a friend even told me a tale of how her brother owned an 88 maxima that finally croaked after 700k+ miles.

well, i dont really know what else to add at this point...im just lookin for something i can stick a cd player in and is (preferably) auto tranny. plzz give me all the advice you can; it is MUCH appreciated!!!
honda, toyota
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:42 PM   #3
ViewMySonic
CF Newbie

i think i also should have mentioned...

i have an 87 maxima with 270k miles, and its runnin great! only problem is im in a $$ situation for replacing the power steering rack on it to pass it for inspection. this is one of the main reasons im wondering if its worth fixing or not. every mechanic ive gone to basically said the engine sounds great and with some good maintenance should last me a bit longer. but like i said before, im at a loss since im not familiar enough with make reputations.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
ViewMySonic
CF Newbie

Angry

nnnnnot helpful....