Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2007, 01:19 AM   #1
cougar00
CF Newbie

Keep my cougar?

Hi, So I am very confused about what to do here...i bought a 2000 cougar v6, 6 months ago for $2,500 but then put $400 into new tires right away. I am finally having fun driving it (had to learn manual!) and LOVE the car but it's starting to have problems and now I'm doubting if I want to put a ton of $ into it.oh and it has 143,000 miles on it.... so here is what's going on: it needs new struts, has rust breaking out, an oil leak, the AC wasn't working so had it serviced, now it works but not the greatest...and also it has some kind of noise it's making that they said is the alternater! so should i put $ into fixing all this or sell it and get a more reliable car?? thanks for any help!
cougar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:24 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar00
Hi, So I am very confused about what to do here...i bought a 2000 cougar v6, 6 months ago for $2,500 but then put $400 into new tires right away. I am finally having fun driving it (had to learn manual!) and LOVE the car but it's starting to have problems and now I'm doubting if I want to put a ton of $ into it.oh and it has 143,000 miles on it.... so here is what's going on: it needs new struts, has rust breaking out, an oil leak, the AC wasn't working so had it serviced, now it works but not the greatest...and also it has some kind of noise it's making that they said is the alternater! so should i put $ into fixing all this or sell it and get a more reliable car?? thanks for any help!
Well for the year it sounds like you got a fairly good deal on the car, and even if the total adds a few more $'s to it you could still have a worthwhile car.....Have you any idea how much all this work will cost?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:44 AM   #3
cougar00
CF Newbie

well, the struts will be about $1,000 but after that the machanic said it could really cost a lot in labor like for the oil leak he said they have to take the engine out just to find it..
cougar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:49 AM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar00
well, the struts will be about $1,000 but after that the machanic said it could really cost a lot in labor like for the oil leak he said they have to take the engine out just to find it..
Oh...that is more than I expected, lol. If you're talking about engine removal I'm guessing big bucks will be needed....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote