Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2007, 01:20 AM   #1
Cliffy
CF Loafer

The Grand National

I'm not a big fan of Horse racing myself, but I was requested upon to take the Father-in-law to Aintree (in Liverpooooool) for the Grand National yesterday (Saturday)....A big Horse Racing event for those who don't know, as he had a dodgy leg and can't drive. I'm surprised to say that I actually quite enjoyed it, too. We had a few bets and won a bit of money (most of which we re-gambled, lol) and when the Grand National race came round we put some money on that, too. We put some on McKelvey who was injured at the last minute but almost won, I believe he injured himself on the final jump or something, but he started out towards the back of the grid and literally came within a nose of beating the winner, Silver Birch....We would have won £500 from that one, too!

We also placed a bet on a horse that started out with odds of 16-1 (we placed a bet on it at these odds too) or something, but changed to 125-1, as this seemed very strange, we were intrigued, so backed it again, lol....This horse was leading for quite a distance, but came something like 10th in the end. On the whole it was a great day out and the weather was the best it's been for years apparently. And my car wheels were still there when I returned I'm pleased to say.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:25 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

So basically you're a couple grand in the hole now? JP

Never been to a horse race, but it looks pretty fun. Glad you enjoyed yourself.