Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 04:17 AM   #16
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Couldn't you sweep the floor?.......


Washed all 6 bays. still had many hours to do jack shit.
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #17
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Are You Flat Rate?
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:24 AM   #18
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Are You Flat Rate?


Yeah. I get paid for washing the floors though. As well as a guarenteed 30 work hours if I'm there over 40 hours a week. I'm sitting at 41.13 hours right now, and still have to work tomorrow. So we'll see what happens, how many more hours I get in tomorrow. Much busier tomorrow than we have been though, so that's a good sign.
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:27 AM   #19
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Yeah. I get paid for washing the floors though. As well as a guarenteed 30 work hours if I'm there over 40 hours a week. I'm sitting at 41.13 hours right now, and still have to work tomorrow. So we'll see what happens, how many more hours I get in tomorrow. Much busier tomorrow than we have been though, so that's a good sign.
So how much do you get paid? If ya don't mind me asking .....just wanna compare it with the equivelent in the UK
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:30 AM   #20
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
12/hr of work.

I no longer get paid for sitting on my ass
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:21 PM   #21
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Yeah. I get paid for washing the floors though. As well as a guarenteed 30 work hours if I'm there over 40 hours a week. I'm sitting at 41.13 hours right now, and still have to work tomorrow. So we'll see what happens, how many more hours I get in tomorrow. Much busier tomorrow than we have been though, so that's a good sign.

Well good times man! Hopefully my service manager will be throwing me on the line by the end of the summer.


No paying for school FTW.
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:46 AM   #22
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
I have watched this thread with some interest almost from the beginning. Allow me to make some observations, in no particular order, as an employer who recruits and hires recent graduates from schools like UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln Tech, Nashville ADC, etc, and has for several years.


1. The "students" who only put in their time at any of these schools and put out well less than 100% effort are the ones most likely to say things like "don't waste your time/money", "they oversell the campus big time... the drinking made up for some of it", "their job placement is a complete joke", etc. On the other hand, the students who are motivated and interested in learning always seem to find the schools are a great first step when entering this industry and have nothing but good things to say about them and their curriculum.

2. The "graduates" who fit into the first category above have trouble landing that first job or their first job is not what they expected. However, those that fit into the second category are well promoted to employers, well recruited and well employed.

3. Those same people who fit into the first category are also the ones who are unhappy because they don't get "paid to sit on their ass". It goes along with motivation. If someone expects to get paid for every move they make, they are not a hard working and loyal employee. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little.

Schools of this type (any type really) are only as good as you make them. Coming in and telling me you're a graduate of "School X" means nothing unless you can also tell me why and how it benefited you, and more importantly how it will benefit me. You'll notice that you CAN sign up for ASE certification tests, but not that he DID. Again think motivation.

Finally and specifically for Satty. If you are working for Firestone, that tells me one of two things... Possibly both. Either you are an under achiever and are wasting your education working for slave wages, and yes, I know better than anyone on this forum what a new grad should be worth. Or, you really did waste your time and (probably Daddy's) money going to a school like UTI. You could have stayed at home and gotten drunk. If you truly want to excel, you can. You just have to make the decision, develop a plan and then go after the dream.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:00 AM   #23
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I have watched this thread with some interest almost from the beginning. Allow me to make some observations, in no particular order, as an employer who recruits and hires recent graduates from schools like UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln Tech, Nashville ADC, etc, and has for several years.


1. The "students" who only put in their time at any of these schools and put out well less than 100% effort are the ones most likely to say things like "don't waste your time/money", "they oversell the campus big time... the drinking made up for some of it", "their job placement is a complete joke", etc. On the other hand, the students who are motivated and interested in learning always seem to find the schools are a great first step when entering this industry and have nothing but good things to say about them and their curriculum.

2. The "graduates" who fit into the first category above have trouble landing that first job or their first job is not what they expected. However, those that fit into the second category are well promoted to employers, well recruited and well employed.

3. Those same people who fit into the first category are also the ones who are unhappy because they don't get "paid to sit on their ass". It goes along with motivation. If someone expects to get paid for every move they make, they are not a hard working and loyal employee. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little.

Schools of this type (any type really) are only as good as you make them. Coming in and telling me you're a graduate of "School X" means nothing unless you can also tell me why and how it benefited you, and more importantly how it will benefit me. You'll notice that you CAN sign up for ASE certification tests, but not that he DID. Again think motivation.

Finally and specifically for Satty. If you are working for Firestone, that tells me one of two things... Possibly both. Either you are an under achiever and are wasting your education working for slave wages, and yes, I know better than anyone on this forum what a new grad should be worth. Or, you really did waste your time and (probably Daddy's) money going to a school like UTI. You could have stayed at home and gotten drunk. If you truly want to excel, you can. You just have to make the decision, develop a plan and then go after the dream.


Interesting observation, though for the most part incorrectly observed. I graduated at the..ohh....top 5% of my class I believe. I had the "wanted attitude" to learn about my "passion". Doesn't change my opinion on how over-rated the school is. In case you didn't catch it, it's my PERSONAL OPINION. That's something that's not a proven fact and not something that everyone thinks. I'd imagine that you should know this by now since you were obsessed with imprinting the thought in people's heads when I was last here. Just to clear it up, my EXACT words were "If you want my honest opinion about it".

And I'll admit it, I did get help from my parents to be able to go to UTI. I'm not ashamed of that and it shows just how shallow of a person you are to try and poke fun of me for that. Besides, you mean to tell me that you never ONCE asked for your parents help financially for ANYTHING? That's total bullshit.

As far as my comment on "I can no longer get paid for sitting on my ass" was supposed to be taken as a joke, or sarcasticly. It wasn't a serious comment on me complaining saying I can't be lazy. I'm not stupid. I know that I have to work my ass off to be able to live the way I want to. I don't expect shit to get handed to me. So you can take that little remark and shove it right up your ass if you can squeeze it past your head, since it seems to also be jammed pretty far up your ass.

Lastly, directed mainly towards Hobo, Why do you always browse this board thinking you shit doesn't stink? Are you really that thick headed to truely believe if you make fun of enough people, or bash members/mods enough, that you will be treated like a C-F god? Stop being such an ass and realise you're not better than anyone else here. And just so it's clear, I saw this AFTER I sent you that PM. Don't believe me? Look at the post times. If you have any comments that you would like to discuss with me, use the PM option. That's why it's there. Unless you'd like to show to everyone how big your e-penis is and bash me right in this thread. Either way, I don't give a shit. I'll let you escape with a couple free shots in this thread that are exempt from what was said in the PM (ChrisV aswell).
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:30 AM   #24
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Satty101 I take exception to your comment which was impicitly directed at me:

Quote:
Stop being such an ass and realise you're not better than anyone else here

I am better than anyone else here, it says so in my Title.
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #25
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Interesting observation, though for the most part incorrectly observed. I graduated at the..ohh....top 5% of my class I believe. I had the "wanted attitude" to learn about my "passion". Doesn't change my opinion on how over-rated the school is. In case you didn't catch it, it's my PERSONAL OPINION. That's something that's not a proven fact and not something that everyone thinks. I'd imagine that you should know this by now since you were obsessed with imprinting the thought in people's heads when I was last here. Just to clear it up, my EXACT words were "If you want my honest opinion about it".

And I'll admit it, I did get help from my parents to be able to go to UTI. I'm not ashamed of that and it shows just how shallow of a person you are to try and poke fun of me for that. Besides, you mean to tell me that you never ONCE asked for your parents help financially for ANYTHING? That's total bullshit.

As far as my comment on "I can no longer get paid for sitting on my ass" was supposed to be taken as a joke, or sarcasticly. It wasn't a serious comment on me complaining saying I can't be lazy. I'm not stupid. I know that I have to work my ass off to be able to live the way I want to. I don't expect shit to get handed to me. So you can take that little remark and shove it right up your ass if you can squeeze it past your head, since it seems to also be jammed pretty far up your ass.

Lastly, directed mainly towards Hobo, Why do you always browse this board thinking you shit doesn't stink? Are you really that thick headed to truely believe if you make fun of enough people, or bash members/mods enough, that you will be treated like a C-F god? Stop being such an ass and realise you're not better than anyone else here. And just so it's clear, I saw this AFTER I sent you that PM. Don't believe me? Look at the post times. If you have any comments that you would like to discuss with me, use the PM option. That's why it's there. Unless you'd like to show to everyone how big your e-penis is and bash me right in this thread. Either way, I don't give a shit. I'll let you escape with a couple free shots in this thread that are exempt from what was said in the PM (ChrisV aswell).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Ok Hobo. All of us mods have been getting a lot of people saying (via PM) that you (and ChrisV aswell) are contributing almost nothing to the board and overall, simply spewing shit, flaming, etc. Now I haven't been on here in a long time (so don't try and say that I don't know what I'm talking about because of me not being here) so I'm going with what the other mods have been discussing and debating with the reports from other members of the board. So you have two options right now. You can either shape up and become a respected member of this board again for the right reasons. Or you can be banned. It's your choice. You have 1 week. If we get one more complaint from this day forward (4-23-07) you're gone. It's your choice. Choose wisely.

Satty

Please, you little ass clown, ban me. If it makes you feel like a man for the first time in your pathetic little life to have power that you a) never deserved, or b) don't know how to properly wield, go ahead and do it. Maybe the problem is that I AM still a respected member of this forums and you're just a wanna be with power, that not suprisingly, nobody missed while you were gone.

P.S. If you think anyone is stupid enough to believe that you didn't read this thread before setting off on your little tirade, you're dumber than anyone ever gave you credit for. Somehow it just doesn't seem right for a mod to be making threats and trying to intimidate people with their power... Oh yeah, I forgot. Refer to "a" and "b" above.

P.P.S. Go f*ck yourself.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:56 PM   #26
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
If hobo gets banned, this forum is going to be boring as shit, which it pretty much is anyway and believe it or not I actually read hobo's posts because they are the most interesting thing on this forum which has been goin down hill for the last year or so.

*crawls back under rock*
__________________

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:03 PM   #27
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
hey, I'm getting banned to, and I haven't even BEEN here in months. Apparently, I'm a horrible person, too.

Thanks for coming back and threatening people, Satty.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #28
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
If hobo gets banned, this forum is going to be boring as shit, which it pretty much is anyway and believe it or not I actually read hobo's posts because they are the most interesting thing on this forum which has been goin down hill for the last year or so.

*crawls back under rock*

I'll second that, and he does actually help people when they post what they're supposed to post.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:20 PM   #29
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
For the record guys, Satty is acting on complaints from members, and as such this HAS to be addressed. You guys must understand that having even a few unhappy members is worse than having a member who is allowed to intimidate and harass other members. Maybe that terminology is a bit harsh, but it's the best way to describe it in my opinion. We need to get the message across that NO member is allowed to show complete lack of respect for another person. We all have bad days, and we all (me included) have done our fair share of flaming. But there are boundaries. And the vast majority know how far to go (forget the spammers, they're a different breed as far as I'm concerned! ).

There is help to be had here at CF, and there are some very knowledgeable people here. It's just that the image people get of this place is tarnished alot of the time, and that shouldn't be how it is I'm afraid.
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:30 PM   #30
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
See how many unhappy members you get if hobo's banned...
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.