Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2007, 12:42 AM   #31
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Please, you little ass clown, ban me. If it makes you feel like a man for the first time in your pathetic little life to have power that you a) never deserved, or b) don't know how to properly wield, go ahead and do it. Maybe the problem is that I AM still a respected member of this forums and you're just a wanna be with power, that not suprisingly, nobody missed while you were gone.

P.S. If you think anyone is stupid enough to believe that you didn't read this thread before setting off on your little tirade, you're dumber than anyone ever gave you credit for. Somehow it just doesn't seem right for a mod to be making threats and trying to intimidate people with their power... Oh yeah, I forgot. Refer to "a" and "b" above.

P.P.S. Go f*ck yourself.

A) Apparently I did desreve my powers, otherwise I don't think Adam would've made me a mod, let alone a super-mod. B) I don't know how to properly wield my power? Hrm. That's funny. I seem to remember a time that a certain member with the sn of "VWhobo" being a mod at one time, and then he got the powers revoked because of the fact that he abused them. And do you really think I give a shit if people missed me or not? This is an internet forum. Not someplace we all hang out together and loiter.

In response to your "P.S.", I can't prove to you that I sent the PM first and to be honest, I really don't expect you to. Only I know what is true and not. So believe what you will. I don't care. All I can say is I'm not lying. I don't expect you to believe me, but it's not going to have any impact on my day.

In response to your "P.P.S.", No thanks. I have a girlfriend to f*ck me. Don't need to do it myself. I just don't understand why you want people to do it themselves anyway. Obsessed with other people masturbating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
hey, I'm getting banned to, and I haven't even BEEN here in months. Apparently, I'm a horrible person, too.

Thanks for coming back and threatening people, Satty.

I haven't been around in a while either. I was asked to PM you guys telling you to shape up or be banned. Not just by members, but by mods aswell.

BTW, if you think I just came back here to threaten people, you're way off. Again, however, nothing I say will make you believe me.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:43 AM   #32
Wally
I Know More Than You

Just how many members do you think actually frequent this board?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:56 AM   #33
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Just how many members do you think actually frequent this board?

Maybe 15-20?

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:38 AM   #34
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Welcome back, Satty!

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:42 AM   #35
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
For the record guys, Satty is acting on complaints from members, and as such this HAS to be addressed. You guys must understand that having even a few unhappy members is worse than having a member who is allowed to intimidate and harass other members. Maybe that terminology is a bit harsh, but it's the best way to describe it in my opinion. We need to get the message across that NO member is allowed to show complete lack of respect for another person. We all have bad days, and we all (me included) have done our fair share of flaming. But there are boundaries. And the vast majority know how far to go (forget the spammers, they're a different breed as far as I'm concerned! ).

There is help to be had here at CF, and there are some very knowledgeable people here. It's just that the image people get of this place is tarnished alot of the time, and that shouldn't be how it is I'm afraid.

I get what you're sayin cliffy but in all honesty what kind of fourm do you think we have atm? All i'm saying is if you start banning people that have been on here for a long time and that actually post then this will become a dead forum. And i'm not going to even start with the notion of banning ChrisV. If that does happen the total IQ of this forum will drop by 1/3.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:34 AM   #36
thefonz
CF Addict

I normally try to stay out of this type of stuff. Ya'll ain't right in the head! I've been a member here for about 2 1/2 years, don't post much, but on here just about every day. ChrisV, vwhobo, give the most accurate and useful advice, based on knowledge and experience. They try to teach and share some wisdom here, and people bitch. There's talk of banning because of a few whiny babies. Hell, if ya ban them, you can ban me to, I'm sure someone could come with a piss poor excuse.

Wait.....wait......wait........, here it comes........,I can see it coming, .....
time to close this thread
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:04 PM   #37
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Anyone, including "the mods" could have pm'd me just as easily as they pm'd you. No one has. Please, point out the threads where I've given someone some response they didn't fully deserve. Cliffy? How about you?

Or is this in response to the ONE thread about torque and horsepower? Jcutch could've pm'd me as easy as anyone. I got nothing.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #38
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Anyone, including "the mods" could have pm'd me just as easily as they pm'd you. No one has. Please, point out the threads where I've given someone some response they didn't fully deserve. Cliffy? How about you?

Or is this in response to the ONE thread about torque and horsepower? Jcutch could've pm'd me as easy as anyone. I got nothing.
The only problem here Chris is that he's a power hungry little prick that is stupid enough to do the bidding a few whiney bitches. You know, Cliffy and I have gone round in circles about his moderating, but there's one thing I've always said. At least Cliffy genuinely wants what's best for this forum even if we don't always agree on what that is. Somebody else only wants what he wants just because he wants it, and the powers that be were bound and determined to make him a mod no matter how loudly I protested. He's half the reason I'm no longer a mod... Integrity over position.

Now let's look at the facts. There are three people who have come to our defense in this thread. I have personally blasted all three, one of them several times, but they're smart enough to see our value and strong enough not to be intimidated by Little Hitler. I have four times as many PM's in my box from members who also don't want to see me banned but won't say so on the forum for fear of retribution from you know who.

So the real question is, who's the one sh*tting on people, stopping the normal flow of discussion and killing the forum? Well, you and I don't have any power to threaten anyone with so that pretty much leaves the Ayatollah from Wisconsin. I think he needs to put up or shut up. Think about it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:13 PM   #39
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
See how many unhappy members you get if hobo's banned...

i second this. i think all you guys need to quit listening to all the whiners. hobo lays it on the line how he sees it. last i checked, there wasnt anything wrong with that.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #40
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:

Chris, I know you're a helpful person, but there have been times (or an occassion at least) where I have PM'd you regarding your attitude, even you were showing correct knowledge etc in your post(s).....well, as far as I could see anyway, I trust you. As I said before, we are acting on feedback from people, and as such we have to follow this up. Otherwise we wouldn't be doing our job. And no I' not going to track down certain threads now, but if it means that much to you I'll do it when I have time, under your request, and PM you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
The only problem here Chris is that he's a power hungry little prick that is stupid enough to do the bidding a few whiney bitches. You know, Cliffy and I have gone round in circles about his moderating, but there's one thing I've always said. At least Cliffy genuinely wants what's best for this forum even if we don't always agree on what that is. Somebody else only wants what he wants just because he wants it, and the powers that be were bound and determined to make him a mod no matter how loudly I protested. He's half the reason I'm no longer a mod... Integrity over position.
I agree that we have our obvious difference of opinion. You sometimes say I'm not doing my job properly, and sometimes you're right....as mistakes are made, and we all learn from them, but it's not deliberate on my part, and it's usually in an abuse of power type context that you make your feelings known (for instance "You Moron Cliffy, you're abusing your power....you're not fit to be a Moderator"). Anyway, as I said above, we have to act on information received and do what's necessary. We're not expecting you to take it lying down (figure of speach.... ), but it's one of those things that has to be done I'm afraid.

Bottom line is, we are doing our job in the best possible way, and Satty was chosen as with us all, because Adam thought he'd do a good job....I havn't got any complaints anyway. I don't know the ins and outs as to why you're no longer a Mod, hobo, but I assumed your grudge against me had something to do with your disapproval at my Modship.....That is all

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-25-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:14 PM   #41
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Chris, I know you're a helpful person, but there have been times (or an occassion at least) where I have PM'd you regarding your attitude, even you were showing correct knowledge etc in your post(s).....well, as far as I could see anyway, I trust you. As I said before, we are acting on feedback from people, and as such we have to follow this up. Otherwise we wouldn't be doing our job. And no I' not going to track down certain threads now, but if it means that much to you I'll do it when I have time, under your request, and PM you.

the problem is that i got the EXACT SAME PM as Hobo did, and I've barely been here for many months, Satty was acting like I've been running around insulting people. And you know as well as I do that I've NEVER given anyone anything they didn't deserve. And that it's been months since I went off on anyone for being a complete ignorant retard.

But, even as I said then, which is it you want, a board full of ignorant retards, or a board that has at least a few people that know what they are talking about even if they don't put up with ignorant retards?

Yes, I would like specific complaints, and I would like you to also see if those complaints came from people who deserved the reaction they got, or if it was just from some anonymous bystander who got butthurt about having someone actually know what they were talking about.

www.midatlantic7s.com

Last edited by Cliffy : 04-25-2007 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Broken quote tabs
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:44 PM   #42
What
Banned

Finally...I avoided the "ban" PM...

I feel as safe as a naked slut with Jedimario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
"What" lays it on the line how he sees it. last i checked, there wasnt anything wrong with that.
Insert my name...and everyone will disagree.

This doesn't feel right. I should be the one getting threatened for a banning. I'll sacrifice myself for either ChrisV and Hobo. Kill me.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:10 PM   #43
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by What

This doesn't feel right. I should be the one getting threatened for a banning. I'll sacrifice myself for either ChrisV and Hobo. Kill me.

can i be as cool as you someday??

pole smoker
Old 04-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #44
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by What

Don't make it easy on him. Let him ban be. Let him be a hero in his own mind. Let him put up or shut up. You can take ChrisV's place.

P.S. On a lighter note, if you have any spare naked sluts around, I can keep an eye on them for you. They'll be safe with me and Frank... Mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
pole smoker
That almost made me pee myself.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 PM   #45
Car hippie
CF Newbie

Everyone knows VWhobo's a twat, but he's a character on this forum that gives it personality. We can't afford to lose valuable twats like that, especially since What has softened up lately and Slurm has finally been promoted to the 9th grade.

What has ChrisV EVER done to anyone? He is never out to attack people. He speaks confidently and with knowledge and though that may come off the wrong way, he offers his vast knowledge and gives this board some damn credibility.

What good is a "car-forum" if everyone is like me and doesn't know crap about cars?

I use many other active forums and there has never been more credible sources of information in ALL areas of automotive knowledge than VWhobo and ChrisV.