Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
the problem is that i got the EXACT SAME PM as Hobo did,

Saves paper

Quote:
and I've barely been here for many months, Satty was acting like I've been running around insulting people. And you know as well as I do that I've NEVER given anyone anything they didn't deserve. And that it's been months since I went off on anyone for being a complete ignorant retard.

Actually you have given me a few shots across the bow. I'm interested to know who hands out the deputy badges that gives a member the privilage of determining who is deserving of a dressing down. I want one of those badges.

Quote:
But, even as I said then, which is it you want, a board full of ignorant retards, or a board that has at least a few people that know what they are talking about even if they don't put up with ignorant retards?

So by implication apart from the two of you, the rest of us are retards anyway. Happy in our own ignorance as it were.

Quote:
Yes, I would like specific complaints, and I would like you to also see if those complaints came from people who deserved the reaction they got, or if it was just from some anonymous bystander who got butthurt about having someone actually know what they were talking about.

Well I was one who complained about the escalation of vitriol. When I first joined this board I was quickly met with a barrage of PMs asking for auto advice. That trend has remerged and I don't think members should feel so intimidated as not to freely post, retard or otherwise.

My concern arose when an old fart member with no apparent malice posted an obvious cut 'n paste, but was met with a disrespectful counter post.

I doubt anyone was ever going to be banned. But the net was cast and you were trawled in as possibly others have been too. Then to add fuel to the fire someone saw fit to attack a mod who happens to be a grade A student, merely because he had the audacity to complain about his school's facilities.

So if any of you who have been sent a PM want to victimise just one member, pick me. I'm big enough and ugly enough to stand up an take it. But be aware that unlike the pimply teens who usually get intimdated I can retaliate....... well until I get a "Don't Come Monday"from the mods.

Last edited by Wally : 04-26-2007 at 12:11 AM.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:20 AM   #47
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Ok, wally, When was th last time I attacked anyone, including you? Not even Jcutch in the torque vs hp discussion.

Unless someone is looking at posts from a few years ago...

Oh, and if you want to take on implications, go right ahead. I said I only attack people who are being ignorant retards, not that everyone BUT me was an ignorant retard. Thanks for putting words in my keyboard, so to speak.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:35 AM   #48
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I am better than anyone else here, it says so in my Title.

not so, Wally.... check out my title....

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:46 AM   #49
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
....... Thanks for putting words in my keyboard, so to speak.

easy isn't it.

I must admit I was rather amazed the HP/Torque thread didn't have turn into a flame war. It was kinda nice to have a civilised discussion, even though there were errors galore.

I don't think you could deny you consider yourself a cut above the rest and I'm not about cutting anyone down to size, because I don't believe I have the right nor do I have the need. In your mind you are doing some sought of disciplinary service and that may work raising a family, but this is a discussion board that by it's own description implies people should canvas people's opinions, garner information and just chew the fat. Mods are appointed to keep the peace and administer the rules. Arguments occur on any board, but it doesn't give licence to berate.

I find What's posts rather amusing, but he seems to spend more time sin binned than active. I suspect he would be spared the rod if he posted more of what the mob considered fact.... more of what people want to hear rather than what they should hear. I'm of the mind I could easily take 99% of the posts on this forum and find them flawed with misinformation and heresay... opinions, but it seems if there is enough embedded piosity it must be fact.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:50 AM   #50
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
So the real question is, who's the one sh*tting on people, stopping the normal flow of discussion and killing the forum? Well, you and I don't have any power to threaten anyone with so that pretty much leaves the Ayatollah from Wisconsin. I think he needs to put up or shut up. Think about it.

Oh yes, I'm the one shitting on people. Go ahead. Continue thinking that. Whether I ban you or not, I'm still going to get harassed. If you're so willing and accepting of a banning, then why are you fighting the decision? I don't ****ing understand you or your point of veiw on how you think the rules don't apply to you.

Now, to clear everything, I PERSONALLY have no problem with either of you. You can call me shit-head or whatever as much as you want. It's not going to piss me off, and niether is saying "Put up, or shut up" since this is an INTERNET forum. I can't be pissed off about something I read that someone who has never even met me in real life said about me. There's no point in getting agrivated (sp?) over it.

Chris, you and everyone else on this board knows I've been MIA for quite some time now. I had/have no idea whether you've been here everyday, or even been here in the last few months. I do however find it interesting that you originally told me that you haven't even been here in a few months, yet you replied to the PM the day after I sent it. Now either that's one hell of a coincidence, or you lied.

Hobo, me and you have never really agreed on much, in all honesty. This is not my way of getting back at you for anything that you've said or done, but seriously, this shit gets annoying. And somehow you almost always find a way to turn whatever decision we mods make look like the wrong decision. Calling us out on all the mistakes we've made, and I don't recall ANYONE ever doing the same to you.

put up or shut up? Damned if I do, damned if I don't. That seems to be the way this forum thinks of the few moderators we have. Doesn't make much sense to me.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:54 AM   #51
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65

Very clever
Old 04-26-2007, 01:08 AM   #52
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
this could start a vicious cycle...
I know more than dodger65...
I know more than Windsonian...
I know......

etc
Old 04-26-2007, 01:25 AM   #53
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Oh yes, I'm the one shitting on people. Go ahead. Continue thinking that. Whether I ban you or not, I'm still going to get harassed. If you're so willing and accepting of a banning, then why are you fighting the decision? I don't ****ing understand you or your point of veiw on how you think the rules don't apply to you...
Really? I am? Can you show me where I did that? Have I PM'd any other mods? Have I asked for your forgiveness? Have I suddenly changed my tone?

Once again little fella, the facts and actions don't back up your opinion. The fact is that you threatened me with a ban. The fact is that I said to put up or shut up. Which is it gonna be?

Choose wisely.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:26 AM   #54
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Now, to clear everything, I PERSONALLY have no problem with either of you. You can call me shit-head or whatever as much as you want. It's not going to piss me off, and niether is saying "Put up, or shut up" since this is an INTERNET forum. I can't be pissed off about something I read that someone who has never even met me in real life said about me. There's no point in getting agrivated (sp?) over it.

Gee you could have fooled me. If the old chestnut that "this is only the internet" and therefore we shouldn't take offence then why are VWHobo and ChrisV so upset?

For some of us the internet is a convenient way to converse with people in other countries. Sure I could pick up the phone and ask for directory assistance to get in touch with ChrisV, but somehow I don't think he's listed in the book under that name. If I did get through it may go something like this:

" Hello, is this ChrisV?"
"Yes it is, how can I help you"
"Howse that house building coming along?"
"Who is this?"
"It's the man who has held three world drag records, two track championships and is extremely attractive to women"
"Australian accent hmmm ....is that you Wally?"
"Well that's who I am on Car Forums"
"Is that true about the records?"
"Well it could be, but this is a telephone conversation and I'm allowed to lie if I want"
"Why are you being cryptic?"
"It was just small talk."
"You can be a wanker sometimes Wally"
"It's genetic. The Australian culture is a strong one and most of us are wankers as a result, but thanks for the compliment"
etc

Last edited by Wally : 04-26-2007 at 02:35 AM.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:23 AM   #55
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
" Hello, is this ChrisV?"
"Yes it is, how can I help you"
"Howse that house building coming along?"
"Who is this?"
"It's the man who has held three world drag records, two track championships and is extremely attractive to women"
"Australian accent hmmm ....is that you Wally?"
"Well that's who I am on Car Forums"
"Is that true about the records?"
"Well it could be, but this is a telephone conversation and I'm allowed to lie if I want"
"Why are you being cryptic?"
"It was just small talk."
"You can be a wanker sometimes Wally"
"It's genetic. The Australian culture is a strong one and most of us are wankers as a result, but thanks for the compliment"
etc

I lol'd

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:16 AM   #56
thefonz
CF Addict

vwhobo, I don't recall ever being bashed by you. Hell, now I don't like you. I've changed my mind, I want you banned
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:03 AM   #57
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Wow I'm amazed that this thread is still open, usually threads like these get locked and or deleted.

There's a lot of bullshit on this forum between people, like I said this fourm had been going downhill for a long time. Now this isn't a huge forum with 1000 or so posting members, there is only something of the order of 30 members tops that post here consistantly.

Take away the few key members on this forum and what do you have left?

Now I know people have they're reasons for doing what they're doing and standing up for that reason.

But, remember in the end, this is just an internet forum.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #58
Car hippie
CF Newbie

There's something about all these fights and heated arguments that I find endearing.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:44 PM   #59
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car hippie
There's something about all these fights and heated arguments that I find endearing.
It makes the place more active in a sad sort of way, lol....

GW, if this thread was locked or deleted you know as well as I do what the outcome would be....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:40 AM   #60
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
It makes the place more active in a sad sort of way, lol....

GW, if this thread was locked or deleted you know as well as I do what the outcome would be....

Another thread bitching at us why it was locked because somebody didn't get to voice their opinion.

As far as the bannings, I'm waiting for a few more opinions from other members to truely decide. Afterall, I'm not going to act just based on what I think. That would be unfair.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote