Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2007, 02:13 AM   #1
Kapelluschsa
CF Newbie

Pulled over without a license

Hey everyone. I recently lost my wallet (license included). At the same time, i just bought my first real car (unless you count the mini van :/ ). I want to give it a few days to see if my wallet turns up in one of my friends cars before buying a new license. I was wonding if i would get a ticket for getting pulled over without it? I have my old temps and a picture ID, the reason i ask is because my buddy told me he got pulled over without one and the cop was able to get his info electronicly.
Kapelluschsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:22 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapelluschsa
Hey everyone. I recently lost my wallet (license included). At the same time, i just bought my first real car (unless you count the mini van :/ ). I want to give it a few days to see if my wallet turns up in one of my friends cars before buying a new license. I was wonding if i would get a ticket for getting pulled over without it? I have my old temps and a picture ID, the reason i ask is because my buddy told me he got pulled over without one and the cop was able to get his info electronicly.
I'm not sure what it's like where you live, but in the UK you have seven days to produce your documents after being pulled over, obviously if you have to apply for a new license it'll probably take longer than this time to arrive. I suggest you have a quick look around for it, if it doesn't show up within the next few days I suggest you apply for a new one!

I should heed my own advice really, as my license has disappeared sinse being sent to a Government company as ID (for a Security license I needed). They blamed the postal service...I have yet to get around to applying for a new one. I just hope I don't get pulled over in the mean time! As far as the Police checking details goes, they can check everything on their computer system, but the point is, the law (usually) states that you have to carry your license with you when ever you're driving....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

As with many traffic violations is probably varies from state to state. Here in Ma. we have a certain amont of days to go to the Police station and show them our license if we get pulled over. If you have your temp license that should do though.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:11 AM   #4
aeprominant
CF Newbie

I got a $25 ticket for not having mine on me. No bid deal...
aeprominant is offline   Reply With Quote