Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

Wooo College Bound!

Just a little happy. Went and talked with the professor of the Radiology program. She enrolled me for summer classes to prepare me for fall since it's been two years I've wasted.....YAY. I wont need to depend on anyone anymore

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
SyntheticTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticTrust
Just a little happy. Went and talked with the professor of the Radiology program. She enrolled me for summer classes to prepare me for fall since it's been two years I've wasted.....YAY. I wont need to depend on anyone anymore
Aren't you dependent on someone if they have to enroll you? I see conflicting information in your post.

Question of the day. Who pays for your school, your room and board, your car, cell phone, horse, etc? If the answer is anything other than you, you're depending on somebody.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Despite Hobo's criticism, good luck with school. At least now you've got something to work towards in life. Although you will need to depend on somebody for now, you WON'T after school is done. I think you missed that Hobo. Won't is future-tense. Now where'd I put that flamesuit?

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
Despite Hobo's criticism, good luck with school. At least now you've got something to work towards in life. Although you will need to depend on somebody for now, you WON'T after school is done. I think you missed that Hobo. Won't is future-tense. Now where'd I put that flamesuit?
Thank you for pointing out the obvious, but you were so busy minding my business you forgot to mind your own. When does the future start? We all know that it starts right now... right now... no, right now...dammit, now. So, while having the professor sign up the class may not count, what about the rest of the list? It will all undeniably happen in the future.

BTW, nowhere in my post can I find a criticism, only a direct observation based on fact. Criticism would be if I noted that I can't believe a college boy like you doesn't know the difference between the two.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 04-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #5
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Aren't you dependent on someone if they have to enroll you? I see conflicting information in your post.

Question of the day. Who pays for your school, your room and board, your car, cell phone, horse, etc? If the answer is anything other than you, you're depending on somebody.

Car- Dad
Cell Phone- Me
Horses- Grandma and Mom only on vet bills
School- Grandma
Room and Board- Grandma

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:23 PM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Congrats. I hope the future becomes bright for you!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Congrats! Which college is this at?
Old 04-24-2007, 08:45 PM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Car- Dad
Cell Phone- Me
Horses- Grandma and Mom only on vet bills
School- Grandma
Room and Board- Grandma
Good job and congratulations on going to school. In the long term do you intend to take x-rays or to use radiation to treat patients? Work with humans or animals? Our vet has a portable x-ray machine that she brings out in the back of a truck and shoots (bone) pictures of our horses in the barn. It only cost about $100k. I think we've paid for half of it.

Anyway, good luck.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:38 PM   #9
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

You have horses? What breed(s)? I already take xrays of animals everyday at work.. I would rather do humans since they (hopefully) dont bite and pee on you while you're working.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:15 PM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
You have horses? What breed(s)? I already take xrays of animals everyday at work.. I would rather do humans since they (hopefully) dont bite and pee on you while you're working.
I don't have horses, I have a wife. My wife has three horses and I sort of got dragged into it. Mostly I'm a horse maintainer, builder of barns and fences and an enabler for her addiction. The first is a 27 year old registered American Quarter Horse gelding that in his younger days was a real live working cowboy horse and full time rodeo participant (for 7ish years) in Oklahoma. Now he eats, poops, keeps the young'uns in line and takes me for walkys in the woods when we feel like it. He also gets used for Equestrian Special Olympics because he digs kids. Did I mention he eats and poops?

She also has a 10ish year old Arabian/AQH gelding that has lots of chrome and likes to show it off. He likes to prance around for the local ladies (mares), generally act a fool and of course eat and poop. He was a give away horse because at the age of three his then owners couldn't even put a halter on him much less get on and ride. Now I can lay on the ground and he'll walk over me going forward, stop, then walk over me again backwards on voice commands only. You can imagine how hard that is, but it's all about trust. The vwhobo family version of stupid pet tricks.

Finally she has a 9 year old Thoroughbred gelding who at one time was one of the fastest horses on the east coast (so the story and race history goes). The original owner lost him in a claiming race (he cost $50K) and the new owners ran the crap out of him till his hind legs blew out. He's really too big to race at 18.5 hands. I don't know exactly what part it's called (it's the knee) but I know how much it costs to keep him healthy. Anyway, the original owner got him back for about 20% of the claiming price and then gave him to my sweetie so he'll always have a good home. He eats and poops too and is usually the fastest horse to show up for a hunter pace and is good for 20 miles more or less flat out.

We also board (seven right now) horsies. Some are straight board and some are here for ground training. She also give riding lessons for kids and horse sits for people who go out of town. And she's working nights this week so I need to go get feeding and cleaning. Do you want to toss hay, put down grain or give supplements? I get to shovel poop.

Last edited by vwhobo : 04-24-2007 at 11:31 PM. Reason: I hate misspelled words!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:26 AM   #11
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
good on ya! get a job, contribute to society. is there really equestrian special olympics? if i were you i would invest in a lead suit. "I don't have horses i have a wife." that was great
Old 04-25-2007, 07:08 PM   #12
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Thank you for pointing out the obvious, but you were so busy minding my business you forgot to mind your own. When does the future start? We all know that it starts right now... right now... no, right now...dammit, now. So, while having the professor sign up the class may not count, what about the rest of the list? It will all undeniably happen in the future.

BTW, nowhere in my post can I find a criticism, only a direct observation based on fact. Criticism would be if I noted that I can't believe a college boy like you doesn't know the difference between the two.
I made the assumption that she meant when she was done with school she won't need to depend on anybody. I know that's not what I said, but I assumed that you assumed.

BTW:
crit·i·cism –noun
1. the act of passing judgment as to the merits of anything.
2. the act of passing severe judgment; censure; faultfinding.

And, no, I don't know the difference between making a (negative) direct observation based on fact and criticism. If people are criticizing, say, the President, shouldn't they be using direct observations based on facts? Even still, in your original post:
Quote:

Question of the day. Who pays for your school, your room and board, your car, cell phone, horse, etc?
I don't see any observations based on facts.

Last edited by giant016 : 04-25-2007 at 07:10 PM.
giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #13
Car hippie
CF Newbie

What the hell... VWhobo is being nice relatively amiable?

Holy.. crap...

Congrats on school. Took you long enough.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:52 PM   #14
slurm6969
CF Newbie

I'm guessing your a senior, so have you looked at any colleges yet?
slurm6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:07 AM   #15
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

Quote:
I don't have horses, I have a wife. My wife has three horses and I sort of got dragged into it. Mostly I'm a horse maintainer, builder of barns and fences and an enabler for her addiction. The first is a 27 year old registered American Quarter Horse gelding that in his younger days was a real live working cowboy horse and full time rodeo participant (for 7ish years) in Oklahoma. Now he eats, poops, keeps the young'uns in line and takes me for walkys in the woods when we feel like it. He also gets used for Equestrian Special Olympics because he digs kids. Did I mention he eats and poops?

She also has a 10ish year old Arabian/AQH gelding that has lots of chrome and likes to show it off. He likes to prance around for the local ladies (mares), generally act a fool and of course eat and poop. He was a give away horse because at the age of three his then owners couldn't even put a halter on him much less get on and ride. Now I can lay on the ground and he'll walk over me going forward, stop, then walk over me again backwards on voice commands only. You can imagine how hard that is, but it's all about trust. The vwhobo family version of stupid pet tricks.

Finally she has a 9 year old Thoroughbred gelding who at one time was one of the fastest horses on the east coast (so the story and race history goes). The original owner lost him in a claiming race (he cost $50K) and the new owners ran the crap out of him till his hind legs blew out. He's really too big to race at 18.5 hands. I don't know exactly what part it's called (it's the knee) but I know how much it costs to keep him healthy. Anyway, the original owner got him back for about 20% of the claiming price and then gave him to my sweetie so he'll always have a good home. He eats and poops too and is usually the fastest horse to show up for a hunter pace and is good for 20 miles more or less flat out.

We also board (seven right now) horsies. Some are straight board and some are here for ground training. She also give riding lessons for kids and horse sits for people who go out of town. And she's working nights this week so I need to go get feeding and cleaning. Do you want to toss hay, put down grain or give supplements? I get to shovel poop.
Does she know about Arabs pretty well? Like bloodlines.. My newest I got last month is an Arab-QH with the name Ferrasol. Does she know of any Sols or Ferras?