Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
SadPanda07
CF Newbie

Question Can't make a decision on my new car

Just over a week ago, I started looking for a new car. I'm looking for a large-midsize four door sedan and I have a limit of $30,000. I don't care too much about performance (but it does matter), as long as the car makes up for it with good features.

From what I've looked at so far, I've narrowed it down to a 2006 Infiniti G35 and a 2007 Acura TSX. While the G35 definitely drives better and looks a little cooler, the TSX would be brand new and comes with so many features that the G35 doesn't. I just need some feedback before I make my final decision in the next few days.
SadPanda07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

If you must have the luxury nameplate, go with Acura. Acura offers most all of their options as standard.

In fact, in the new TL, you get ALL convenience features standard except navigation.

Maybe an '06 Acura TL is the right car for you.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:40 AM   #3
SadPanda07
CF Newbie

Also, I was wondering how much it would cost to get the TSX turbo charged. The G35 may have 100 more horsepower, but after getting the TSX turbo charged there wouldn't be much of a difference.
SadPanda07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:52 AM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadPanda07
Also, I was wondering how much it would cost to get the TSX turbo charged. The G35 may have 100 more horsepower, but after getting the TSX turbo charged there wouldn't be much of a difference.
To turbocharge/supercharge it would cost at least $2,000 for a kit and more to install it...Power will be pretty close, but the G35 will still have RWD (or AWD if you get the G35x). The power difference is closer to 70hp BTW (but as has been pointed out on these forums, horsepower is overrated and you should pay more attention to torque, which the G35 has about 100lb-ft more of).